main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters Character Interview Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Cowgirl Jedi 1701, Nov 26, 2017.

1. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    Corissa Jade: When my brother ate all the nut pastries and only left the gross berry ones for me.

Nico Jade: It was one time. And I was twelve. Are you ever going to let that go?

Corissa: Never. It destroyed my trust.

Mara Jade: So she's always been this dramatic, is what you're saying.

Nico: Something in our family's genetics is very off, and she got it all.

Corissa: You're not helping with the whole trust thing.

Nico: You'll get over it.

Mara: I mean, pretty clearly she won't.

Nico: Okay, I think we're done here. Someone else, tell us about a pet you've had. *mutters* There's no way to make that ridiculous and dramatic, right?

2. ViariSkywalker

ViariSkywalker Chosen One star 4

Aug 9, 2002
    HK-47: Recollection – In the course of my extensive lifespan, I have collected many strays. Why, even now

Darth Ferrus: Stop right there. You weren’t seriously about to imply that we are your pets?

HK-47: Answer – Of course not, Master, no. Why, such an assertion would be truly absurd. You are my masters, and I am but a humble droid, pledged to obey your every whim.

Ferrus: *glares suspiciously* That's right…

HK-47: Query – Do I have permission from my most esteemed master to answer the meatbag’s question?

Ferrus: *suspicion intensifies* Go ahead…

HK-47: Continuation – As I was saying, even now I find myself in possession of two rather incorrigible young creatures with a propensity for reckless violence and thrill-seeking. Qualities I find endearing in a meatbag, yes, but still work nonetheless.

Ferrus: I’m going to melt you into slag.

HK-47: Clarification – You would not be the first one to try, Master, and I guarantee I will thoroughly enjoy every brutal minute of your attempt. But if you do succeed, promise me one thing.

Ferrus: What?

HK-47: Request – Take care of my two little gizkas. They are in a box under your bunk.

Ferrus: …

Query: What bends your fragile meatbag brain every time you think about it?

Last edited: Jan 4, 2024
  3. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 7

Aug 21, 2006
    Tarhin Engaron: Every time I meet one of the station cats, be it Blacky or Milli or Isis. We had a lot of those cats. I even brought a kitten to the station.

Query: What are cats to you?

Kahara and Happy Sando like this.
  4. Mechalich

Mechalich Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2010
    Jio Gihal: Felis catus, small-sized predatory mammalian lifeform, genetic analysis identifies it as a probable member of the legendary, and now lost, Notron biosphere, alongside Homo sapiens. Now widespread throughout the galaxy and commonly found engaged in symbio-social relationships with members of numerous Near-Human and Humanoid species. Numerous sub-species and variants have evolved on a wide range of planets. Classic spread hypothesis is that they were allowed to be kept by Human slaves of the Rakata for therapeutic reasons, but this has been challenged by recent discovery of ancient Rakatan inscriptions declaring all cats as 'pests to be exterminated,' suggesting that they survived and prospered in spite of the efforts of this most formidable of pre-Republic powers and perhaps even that ancient humans went to war to defend them. Additional research is sorely needed.

Question: current events seem to have triggered an increase in inter-planetary migration, have you ever emigrated from your home, and if so, for what reason?

Last edited: Jan 11, 2024
  5. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Alole: I left Ryloth because my father’s influence allowed me to attend a university. I joined the rebellion and migrated quite a lot since then. I don’t know if I’ll ever find a homeworld again.

What is the one thing you will not leave to anyone in your will?

6. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Old Anakin. (Trying to into a character for a Challenge)
    All those years ago... What is it? 80 years perhaps? A lifetime ago ...I gave an angel a little trinket. A Japor Snippet, they called it. Do they even make them anymore? She wore it always, even when... I can't even bear to think of that time. After we married she gave me a gold locket. A little piece of Naboo artistry that was far more sophisticated than the Tatooine folkcraft I gave her.

And I have always worn it, even under my hateful armor, and I have told my son that it should be laid to rest with me when that time comes.

What is the finest piece of art or craft that you have made?

7. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    Darth Sidious: You, Lord Vader. Of all the monsters I have created, you are my proudest achievement.

What sort of petty things do you peasants like to gloat about?

8. ViariSkywalker

Aug 9, 2002
    Darth Festus: Personally, I like to gloat about the fact that I'm still alive.

Darth Ferrus: Unlike certain other Sith Lords who get thrown down reactor shafts by their apprentices...

Festus: Note to self, never take on an apprentice.

Ferrus: Or ignore OSHA-mandated safety features during the structural planning of your superweapon.

Festus: Or make a bajillion clones of yourself only to have one of their offspring foil your mysterious rebirth with some expertly deflected Force lightning.

Ferrus: 100% do not recommend.

Festus: For those of you who haven't been thrown down a reactor shaft by your apprentice or roasted by your granddaughter, what's the biggest mistake you ever made?

Ferrus: *whispers* Granddaughter? Is that how it would actually work?

Festus: I don't know, man, I stopped paying attention when Palpatine returned...

9. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 1999
    Del opens his mouth. Closes his mouth. Opens it again. Shakes his head and walks away for a second before turning back.

Del: I...I...I...went to get a flower for my first love... That flower is why I can't sleep properly. Why I lost my name. Why there is a blood on my hands. His voice is trembling, and his hands clench reflexively. That flower is the reason that Namia, my first love, is dead and why Rin...why Kit...left the Jedi Order.

A stupid flower...

breathes deeply.

If you could go back and tell your younger self one thing - what would it be?

10. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Amne Selrieen-Palpatine: Demand the right to pick your own husband, family expectations be damned. Failing that, invest in a good taser.

Whose orders do you never disobey?

11. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 21, 2007
    Sensei Zia: I would never disobey a direct order from the Emperor or Empress; no matter how much I personally disagreed with it.

A soft voice: Liar

Sensei Zia: I don’t know who you are, or what you’re talking about. I have obeyed all their orders to the letter. Even one that I believe will spell doom for them.

the soft voice: But-

Sensei Zia: Listen: if I said that I obeyed the order, I obeyed it. End of discussion and even if I didn’t it would be your word, a nobody, against mine, the most important Shinobi in the Empire.

Have you ever been accused of not following a direct order?

Happy Sando, Kahara and Findswoman like this.
  12. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard Chosen One star 4

Nov 22, 1999
    Doran Blayne: Oh, all the time. Usually because I didn’t follow a direct order.

What’s your relationship with authority?

Last edited: Feb 21, 2024
  13. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Han: Look. My marriage works a lot better when we don’t acknowledge that she outranks me politically and we’re about equal military-wise. No one’s tried to arrest me in years and I’m okay with that.

When was the last time you took a vacation?

14. Theodore Hawkwood

Theodore Hawkwood Jedi Master star 2

Jun 17, 2014
    Ben Cozine: Nineteen months, give or take a week or so. Some might consider my current assignment to Mon Calamari from General Madine such a thing.

What would you do if you had an unexpected day off, with no ramifications for you professionally or personally?

Last edited: Mar 5, 2024
    Happy Sando and Kahara like this.
  15. Happy Sando

Happy Sando Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2023
    Mylo Lloyd: [with a shrug] "Oh, er... I guess whatever Ludo wanted to do...?"
    Ludo Gum: "An' meesa would wanna be doin' whatever Mylo wants'ta be doin', sooo...?"
    Mylo Lloyd: "Yep, this tracks. Jayo, help!"
    Jayo the Droideka: "I am happy to roll with whatever."
    Ludo Gum: [after a deadpan pause] "Dat. Was. Terrible. Even for yousa."
    Mylo Lloyd: "I liked him better before the vocoder."
    Jayo the Droideka: "But at least I got you to agree on something!"

Tell us about your average day. Where does it start, what do you do, who do you meet, and where does it end?

Kahara likes this.
  16. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    Sabine Wren-Bridger, UNIT Analysist: Days on Earth as a mom to a Force sensitive two-year-old and UNIT agent requires balance. Most of my days start with Phoebe singing "Let It Go" at the top of her lungs from her bedroom at 5:30 AM! 5:30 kriffing am! So, Ezra and I drag ourselves outta bed, shower, sit down and catch an episode of Bluey before breakfast. Ezra takes Phoebe to school (aka visiting Aunt Vestra and Mr Harkness), and I go for a jog around the neighborhood. Another shower, and off to work for me and Ezra. Right now, Ezra is spending his days trying to negotiate Thra and the Shadow Moon officially join the Ascendency so they stand a better chance against the First Order in the next two decades or so. Kira, Jen and Sorsha are all for this, Madmartigan just wants to hop on the nearest transport and take the fight to Exegol, and Clara (Thrawn's daughter with Sara Jane Smith) is planning her wedding to Samarko, and hopefully, that goes well. My day ends when I pick up Phoebe and go home for lunch, and work from home. Earth is an easy out, it's true, but with what's coming, I am staying here.

What is the last person you ever expected to meet when you went out to eat on your 16th wedding anniversary?

Lady_Misty, Happy Sando and Kahara like this.
  17. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Amne: my husband and I haven’t seen each other since shortly before our fourteenth wedding anniversary when he left the house a frustrated chancellor and declared an empire. I am doing my best to not be locatable as we approach our sixteenth.

What is the job you are uniquely unqualified to do?

Nehru_Amidala, Happy Sando and Kahara like this.
  18. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    Depa Billaba: "General, I was always taught that every life had infinite value in the force, and I have never been comfortable taking one even in the most extreme circumstances. While I acknowledge it is sometimes necessary, nothing could have prepared me to treat soldiers and civilians like resources to be discarded toward any end."

Have you ever been stuck in the friend zone?

Nehru_Amidala, Happy Sando and Kahara like this.
  19. ViariSkywalker

Aug 9, 2002
    Darth Ferrus: lol no

What would you do on a free afternoon in the middle of the week?

20. Pandora

Pandora Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 13, 2005
    Imogen Tarkin (OC): Spend time with my handmaiden-rebel "frenemy" whilst silently pondering the overall pointlessness of this mortal reality. Which is exactly how I spent this afternoon.

What do you think happens after we die?

21. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard Chosen One star 4

Nov 22, 1999
    Kanan Jarrus: We join the Living Force and occasionally manifest as giant Loth-wolves in order to give advice to our padawans. No? Okay, maybe that's just me, then...

Who would you be willing to die for?

22. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 21, 2007
    Kitsune the Pirate: my wife and our children.

What would you do if you discovered that you were going to outlive your wife, children, grandchildren, great grandchildren, etc.?

Happy Sando and Nehru_Amidala like this.
  23. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Leia: Fight for the causes they’d support and take chances that were never given to them. And love more people more often.

When was the last time you grieved?

24. ViariSkywalker

Aug 9, 2002
    Darth Festus: Yesterday.

Darth Ferrus: Liar.

Festus: Well yeah, but this time I'm telling the truth.

Ferrus: What could you have possibly grieved for yesterday, other than your lost sleep?

Festus: *whistles innocently*

Ferrus: omg you're serious

Festus: *shrugs* My sleep is very important to me.

What makes you cry?

25. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Janson: The plight of Ewok freedom fighters. Yub-yub.

What makes you secretly laugh?

Happy Sando and Kahara like this.