main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Challenge Angstmongers Anonymous | Angst Challenge & Discussion Thread | ANGSTEMBER is here!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by ViariSkywalker, Sep 5, 2022.

1. ViariSkywalker

ViariSkywalker Chosen One star 4

Aug 9, 2002
    Apologies for being scarce this past week, everyone. I was on vacation with my family, but I'm back and hoping to squeeze in some more challenge responses before the end of the month. :)

@devilinthedetails, @earlybird-obi-wan, @amidalachick, @UltramassiveUbersue - look at you guys go! I'm thrilled that you all have been getting so much inspiration out of these prompts! [face_dancing]

@Kit' - I've got your story in the index! Congrats on finishing it! :D

I also forgot to update with my most recent ficlet, for prompt set #3: Vena Sera

We're now over halfway through our official Angstober challenge period; let's see how many more prompts we can write for in the next two weeks! [face_batting]

2. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    Hard to believe I am over halfway through the Angstober prompts[face_dancing]

My latest entry featuring some Zuko and Iroh angst for prompt set #18 is posted:

The Haunting of the Sleepless

3. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 7

Aug 21, 2006
  4. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
  5. devilinthedetails

Jun 19, 2019
    Zuko and Iroh are the subject of yet more angst in tonight's story inspired by prompt set #19:

The Suffering Fire

6. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    To the surprise of no one, I first had very grand intentions to write for every single one of these prompts - and may yet still do so, in time [face_mischief] - but for now, my muse is still rather stuck in 19th century England, and I am happy to share this NSW offering of The First Grave, written for prompt no. 27. [face_devil]

7. devilinthedetails

Jun 19, 2019
  8. ViariSkywalker

Aug 9, 2002
    Great work, @devilinthedetails & @earlybird-obi-wan! So good to see all the stories that have come out of this challenge so far; keep it up! :D =D=

Excellent. [face_mischief] I've got your fic in the index! And I look forward to seeing what you'll do with the other prompts as well. [face_batting]

Edit: Gah, I keep forgetting to post my own updates in here. :p For prompt set #11: Safer Waters

Last edited: Oct 20, 2023
  9. devilinthedetails

Jun 19, 2019
  10. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
  11. devilinthedetails

Jun 19, 2019
    Prompt set #23 inspires today's Harry Potter fanfic written from the perspective of a literal mirror:

Brittle Mirror of Desire

12. UltramassiveUbersue

UltramassiveUbersue Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 7, 2022
    I've got one for Prompt #16: Resistance, in which Obi-Wan processes the sheer scale of the disaster that has befallen the galaxy, and snaps out of his sad apathy when Padmé goes into medical distress during labour.

It's kind of a prequel for that "Paradise" fic that I wrote awhile back in this year's Kessel Run.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2023
  13. devilinthedetails

Jun 19, 2019
    Inspired by prompt set #28, I have a short piece featuring more Zuko angst since Zuko and angst go together like peanut butter and jelly apparently:

Repeated Mantra

14. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
  15. devilinthedetails

Jun 19, 2019
  16. devilinthedetails

Jun 19, 2019
  17. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
  18. devilinthedetails

Jun 19, 2019
  19. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
  20. devilinthedetails

Jun 19, 2019
  21. devilinthedetails

Jun 19, 2019
    In today's story inspired by prompt set #26, we return to Narnia for some Marsh-Wiggle angst with Puddleglum:

Brave Face

22. amidalachick

amidalachick Chosen One star 5

Aug 3, 2003
    I managed to finish one last Angstober ficlet! Thank you again for this fun challenge and all the awesome prompts! :)

Inspired by prompt set #9: Don't Turn Out The Lights

Last edited: Dec 9, 2023
  23. devilinthedetails

Jun 19, 2019
  24. devilinthedetails

Jun 19, 2019
    My second-to-last Angstober entry inspired by alternative prompt #17 focuses on Narnia and Mr. Tumnus:

Last Breaths of Guilt

25. ViariSkywalker

Aug 9, 2002
    You guys are all doing awesome, keep it up! [face_dancing] I'm going to try to sneak in one last Angstober entry before the month ends, so we'll see how that goes! :p