main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

1/6 Scale 12" Figure Collector's Club

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by PadmeLeiaJaina, Sep 19, 2022.

1. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Do you love collecting 1/6 (12") Figures? If so this is the place for you!

This place is for talking about any and all Star Wars figures that are of the 12" scale. This includes (but is not limited to) Vintage Kenner, Hasbro, Disney Store, Medicom, Enterbay, Sideshow, Hot Toys and Customs!

Feel free to chat about any of the toy lines here!

We can kick off discussions with:

What are your favorite figures?
    Which characters do you wish would be made?
    Who's the heavy hitter in your collection? AKA which character do you have the most figures of?

2. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I'm a huge 12" scale collector. It comes from growing up having been given the Vintage Luke, Leia, and Han dolls by Kenner as a kid. I used to play with them with my Barbies. Luke and Han were always studlier than Ken - lol.

I collected a lot of the Hasbro figures from the 90's - 2000's. I don't have all of them, but I have a lot. The line was 100% slam dunk or face plant. I loved the figures that came w/ either speeders or creatures. I had picked up the Patrol Dewback by himself and had a Sandtrooper to put on him. I love that beast. I wish they'd done a Bantha in that size. The Tauntauns are great also - but both of mine are really finicky about having to be manipulated into JUST the right pose so they don't keel over. I love Captain Tarpals and the Kaadu. It has the same problem as the TaunTauns though. Boss Nass is a fantastic figure and I enjoy the kind of cartoon quality of their Gamorrean Guard. It would've been awesome if they'd made a Dex.

Once Hasbro stopped making figures and the line moved to Sideshow, I started getting figures there. I had a few years I had to take a break from collecting so I missed some really great Sideshow figures. Jabba was one of them. I really worked hard to get the updated version of him. He's the most expensive figure in my collection.

Old Sideshow figures that I'd love to add to my collection but are sooo expensive to buy on the secondary market: Greedo, Momaw Nadon aka Hammerhead (I weep at how much I want this figure,) Aayla Secura, and Asajj Ventress.

I love Hot Toys figures, but I wish there was an ongoing line that was less expensive. Anyone who knows me also knows that I spend great amounts of effort shouting into the void that we need a Star Wars doll line dedicated just to girls so they can play with them with their Barbies. It's ridiculous that we haven't had on going toy lines dedicated to only girls. It's been over 40 years.

There is a Disney Store D23 exclusive Ahsoka Tano doll coming. It sold there a couple of weekends ago and is currently now available at the parks. Apparently it will be coming to shopDisey soon! I'm really hoping she'll be a big success so they make more characters. She's likely like their Jane/Thor or She-Hulk dolls and will be around 9 1/2 tall and it's near impossible to get the outfit off of Jane/Thor. (I bought one to kitbash. I ended up having to destroy the doll's hands to get the gauntlets off.

So Ahsoka is likely meant to stay in her outfit aka she's a collector's toy, not for little kids. I really like her though. She'll look great w/ my Sideshow Animated dolls. I plan to customize a Padme from the Forces of Destiny line so she would display nicely with this doll.

[​IMG]

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  3. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    D23 Ahsoka is now live! 1 per person. Clickeroo to order!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Ahsoka's Tano and Jedi Knight88 like this.
  4. Jedi Knight88

Jedi Knight88 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2018
    thanks for the info:)

PadmeLeiaJaina likes this.
  5. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I guess she's 10 1/2 inches tall. It looks like she's got the same body as the other dolls. I'm hoping she sells out so Disney will think about adding other Star Wars dolls to the line.

Still sitting on over $100 in Sideshow bucks waiting for Hot Toys to release Padme for Pre-order.....

6. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    My Ahsoka arrived! I'm going to order a second to debox

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

LAJ_FETT likes this.
  7. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Ahsoka Comparisons - with Hot Toys Ahsoka

[​IMG]
    With Sideshow's Animated Anakin and Obi-Wan. She actually looks pretty good with them.

[​IMG]

8. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Custom's update:

I completed my "Dark Disciple" duo of Quinlan Vos and Asajj Ventress a while ago. I'm not thrilled w/ Asajj's makeup. I think the problem is the doll I used, her face is a little too round to be Asajj, but she looks Ok. I'll never find another doll this pale w/ the perfect hair for her again, so I'm fine for now with her. Quinlan I think came out well.
    Guh - dark outfits show dog hair. lol

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

At some point I'll have a go at trying to clean up her brows and paint a bit. FYI trying to remove Mattel's factory paint, especially when you only want to do one little section is a HUGE pain to do.

[​IMG]

Sneaks of my 2 custom figures that will be shipping next week! Makeup on this one - I can't tell if it was my paint job or if she got repainted.

[​IMG]

I'm so ridiculously excited for this figure - it isn't even funny. I just have one thing I'll have to do for her to make her complete.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 11, 2022
    clone commander bossk likes this.
  9. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    "For Life and Light!"

Today I am sharing a year long collaboration project with the amazing Morgan at @stardustdolls

This is my custom 1/6 scale Master Jedi Avar Kriss figure from Star Wars The High Republic book series. The outfit was fully designed by Stardust Dolls. I found the figure and boots online.

I just need to craft a lightsaber for her. Otherwise she came out exactly as I'd hoped that she would.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

clone commander bossk likes this.
  10. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Disney Store has released Doll #2 in their Star Wars limited edition series - It's Bo-Katan Kryze!

A gifted warrior, Bo-Katan Kryze is a legendary figure. She refused to align with the Empire's occupation of Mandalore and rose to become the leader of the Mandalorian resistance. Inspired by her acclaimed story from a galaxy far, far away, our Special Edition doll brings to life the iconic hero in incredible, stunning detail.

Magic in the details
    • Special Edition doll
    • Fabric bodysuit with shoulder and chest armor
    • Helmet
    • Jetpack
    • Two blaster pistols with holsters
    • Boots
    • Inspired by Star Wars: The Clone Wars and Star Wars: The Mandalorian

The bare necessities
    • Ages 3+
    • PVC / ABS / PP / POM / polyester
    • Doll approx. 11'' H