main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

Ahsoka Official Ahsoka Series Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by DannyD, Dec 10, 2020.

1. Adamoss

Adamoss Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 31, 2023
    I think you're right, and there are quite a few rumors that suggest that, and we'll see a lot of characters using force without being either Jedi or Sith. Starting with Ahsoka the White who is supposed to be similar to Gandalf the White which is probably going to be a powerful wizard who won't need to use lightsabers probably something like Daughter or Father, then Ezra without a lightsaber could become something like a "karate kid" with animal control abilities, we'll see also Sabine who has Ezra's lightsaber, I wonder if she still has it and if she uses it, we have Mando who will learn to use the lightsaber without force etc. We will have a nice variety and something nice for everyone and maybe there will be different schools in the future to compete with each other etc?

Last edited: Mar 22, 2023
  2. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    I hope they have the clarity of understanding to keep in mind that a non Force user wielding a lightsaber should never be able to do certain things, such as blocking a hail of incoming blaster fire, which requires Force precognition.

violaceous J likes this.
  3. Adamoss

Jan 31, 2023
    Yes, I think there will be a distinction between characters with and without powers, for example Mando or Sabin instead of reflecting with a lightsaber, they reflect with a shield. I am increasingly convinced that the variety of characters will lead to the creation of the Avengers in Star Wars....
    Mando-Iron-Man, Luke-Captain America, Ahsoka-Dr. Strange, Ezra - Spider-Man, Bo-Katan - Black Widow etc.

4. Watcherwithin

Watcherwithin Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2017
  5. Dorryn

Dorryn Jedi Master star 3

Jan 24, 2015
    No arguments from me there. I still wish they'd refrain from having different materials contradict each other, no matter how small the contradictions are.

clone commander bossk likes this.
  6. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019
    I agree, but I can live with it.

7. Darth Valkyrus

Apr 12, 2013
    The entire history of SW from about 1991 onwards is one big parade of things contradicting and retconning each other. The post-Disney-takeover canon purge and the creation of the "story group" was supposed to ensure this didn't happen going forward, but it's happening again anyway.

With an IP as sprawling as SW its kinda inevitable.

It's probably best to regard everything in a big franchise as "canon, but not too canon". The same story, but some fine details of the telling will vary from telling to telling, from portrayal to portrayal.

I mean, folk tales have been like that since time immemorial. And with that in mind, from a certain POV a bit of slop in the canon can make a franchise seem more "alive" as it were.

Die hard canon junkies are apt to loathe it though.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2023
    The Chalk Jedi likes this.
  8. Adamoss

Jan 31, 2023
    HBO’s “House of the Dragon” director Geeta Vasant Patel directed Star Wars: Ahsoka
    Removed- no linking to MSW

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2023
    The Chalk Jedi likes this.
  9. I know they are not going 100% Adapt the Thrawn Original Novels Trilogy but will create a similar event instead i believe that Ahsoka will take the place of Mara Jade in the Story since i believe that Mara Jade will not exist in the New Canon i hope Pellaeon appears in this Story i think Pellaeon exists in the New Canon

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2023
  10. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    Pellaeon is canon, yes.

11. Darth Valkyrus

Apr 12, 2013
    If Dave Filoni wants to use Mara Jade, he'll use Mara Jade.

Ahsoka could stand in for certain aspects of Mara's character, but overall she's not a great fit.

12. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019
    Please don't make Luke marry Ahsoka.

wobbits and Adamoss like this.
  13. Cos Palpatine

Cos Palpatine Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 5, 2022
    I think it would be interesting to introduce Mara Jade at some point, maybe even have her have a fling or something with Luke, but then also have her be a student of Luke's academy to eventually be killed by Ben Solo. It would definitely add more weight to that event. I know not everyone is a fan of the ST but I wanna know more about the doomed Jedi that Luke trained and I think Mara would be a good addition as one of them.

14. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    That kind of sounds mean-spirited and not really something Filoni would go in for.

15. Adamoss

Jan 31, 2023
    Ahsoka definitely has a different role to play in SW and is related to WBW and Mara Jade maybe come with a slightly changed backstory, she could show up in Ahsoka or Skeleton Crew. I bet that producers will positively surprise us more than once, especially having a tool like WBW....
    I found an interesting article about her....
    https://starships.com/why-mara-jade-wont-become-canon/

Last edited: Mar 25, 2023
  16. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    George Lucas hated Mara Jade, like really really hated her and was pretty glad when they writers in the EU killed her off. Filoni might feel differently about the character, because he’s a fan of Heir to the Empire and that era of the EU, but I can’t imagine he’d do something that he knew would really annoy Lucas, so she’s probably not being adapted.

17. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019
    They're not going to adapt Mara, clearly, because the NEU Luke is anti-attachment. They've turned Luke into a nihilistic, anti-physical monk. Yay!

18. Watcherwithin

Nov 9, 2017
    They’ve kept Luke the same compassionate, wise Jedi from Return of the Jedi.

19. Adamoss

Jan 31, 2023
    I didn't know she was hated by George Lucas. However, I think that, driven by the fans, it is thanks to WBW that they can really change anything they want, in fact, Ahsoka is the first and only time traveler saved by the will of the force by Ezra's hands. Knowing that this happened, I bet Luke's story may change as well.

20. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    I know you consider Buddhist monks nihilists for some unknown reason, but come on. This is such an oddly unsubstantiated, yet oft-repeated, opinion that it’s making me itch.

21. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019
    Ah, well as a philosophy major I studied the philosophy of buddhism, interested to see if it was really a better alternative to monotheistic religions, as many claim. In short no, it's as anti-physical an ideology as monotheism. The values of both discourses are founded on a non-physical/physical binary opposition, which privileges spiritual reality over the physical, and in fact, locates suffering in the physical.

All of that should be fairly obvious to anyone who studies buddhism even a bit.

So the answer to the "grasping" of desire created by the physical world is ascetism: the denial of physical enjoyment (since it's viewed as the cause of suffering).

The anti physical (against life ) nihilism here is the same as Nietzsche identifies in Christianity, and the cures are the same. Self-denial.

So yes, this is why I'm against promoting such ideas in popular fiction.

22. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    I don’t conflate ego-control and ascetism with nihilism, though I know this was a logical leap made by other philosophy students I knew. I find it a flimsy argument.

El_Machete12 and Riv_Shiel like this.
  23. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    Some people on this planet find peace and joy by letting go of desires and for some reason, this angers people who don't.

24. Watcherwithin

Nov 9, 2017
    The anger seems only to be directed at a misinterpretation of the Jedi, not real world buddhists

25. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    I actually think it's directed at the misinterpretation of buddhist/buddhist-like philosophy in general.