main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Solo How did Homing beacon not fall off the Millennium Falcon during the Kessel Run?

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by Canadian Jedi Master 75, Jul 5, 2024.

1. Canadian Jedi Master 75

Canadian Jedi Master 75 Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 19, 2023
    With the damage done on the Millennium Falcon during the Kessel Run, how did the Homing beacon not fall off? Every time I watch Solo it's something I have always wondered.
    [​IMG]

2. Iron_lord

Iron_lord 35X Wacky Wednesday/25x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 2, 2012
    Wasn't the first homing beacon to be installed aboard the ship, the one the Empire installed some years later, in ANH?

TCF-1138 and EHT like this.
  3. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Because the script says it didn't fall off.

MotivateR5D4 and Sarge like this.
  4. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    I'm not even sure what homing beacon we're talking about.

Bor Mullet, EHT and Sarge like this.
  5. Canadian Jedi Master 75

Aug 19, 2023
    The one Enfys Nest attached to the Millennium Falcon, after Lando agreed to take them onto Kessel.

Bor Mullet and TCF-1138 like this.
  6. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    Because they had to advertise the Millennium Falcon ride at Galaxy's Edge, and such details didn't matter in the movie.

7. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    That makes no sense.

EHT and Star Wars Rebels 75 like this.
  8. Canadian Jedi Master 75

Aug 19, 2023
    Not only does that not make sense, Solo debuted in theaters on May 25, 2018.

Galaxy's Edge didn't open until May 31, 2019 in Disneyland and August 29, 2019 in Walt Disney World.

EHT likes this.
  9. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    In 2018, everybody already knew a Millennium Falcon ride was going to be the center point of an in progress Star Wars Land. They needed to advertise that ride. That advertisement was the Kessel Run in Solo.

10. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Oh, yeah. Well, then, it’s small, super sticky, and lucky.

11. Canadian Jedi Master 75

Aug 19, 2023
    Speaking as someone who has been on the Millennium Falcon ride at Galaxy's Edge in Walt Disney World, the ride doesn't have anything to do with the Solo movie. The theme of the attraction has to do with Hondo Ohnaka having it on loan from Chewbacca and using it for his business called Ohnaka Transport Solutions.

Also, if anything the main attraction for Galax's Edge which didn't open until December 5, 2019 in Walt Disney World and January 17, 2020 in Disneyland, was Rise of the Resistance.

12. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    In any event, even if the whole sequence was just an ad for the MF ride at Galaxy’s Edge, why would that have any effect on whether or not a homing beacon falls off the MF during the Kessell Run? It didn’t fall off because the story needed it to not fall off. And it’s not totally unrealistic that it wouldn’t.

Riv_Shiel, Sarge and TCF-1138 like this.
  13. Canadian Jedi Master 75

Aug 19, 2023
    I never said the Falcon being at Galaxy's Edge was an add for it to promote Solo.

I was also clear and asked why did it not fall off during the Kessel run, considering the other parts of the Falcon that had already fallen off.

So, both those things have nothing to do with each other.

14. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    I think Bor was referring to my comment.

Of course the story is different. But the Kessel run in Solo was 100% an advertisement for the ride. Rise of the Resistance didn't come until well after Galaxy's Edge had opened. The Millennium Falcon was, and still is, the center point of GE.

And I said it more in jest that anything that doesn't make sense about it isn't going to be explained rationally. They also saw space whales during the Kessel Run. Does that make any sense?

15. Canadian Jedi Master 75

Aug 19, 2023
    Rise of the Resistance was also being advertised before Galaxy's Edge opened and was thought to have been the better attraction, which I personally think it was.

16. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    It is. But it isn't the center point. And at the time of GE opening, wasn't at all the focus.

17. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Just to confirm, I was referring to @MotivateR5D4’s comments, not yours.
    Yeah, but not all parts of the Falcon fell off. So it was one of the things that didn’t fall off. We may have just solved this mystery!

Last edited: Jul 6, 2024
    Star Wars Rebels 75 likes this.
  18. Canadian Jedi Master 75

Aug 19, 2023
    My mistake.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  19. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    No worries, as I hadn’t quoted.

Star Wars Rebels 75 likes this.