main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Challenge Mini-Games Challenge (Now Open For NEW 2024 Challenges!)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Briannakin , Mar 15, 2020.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
  2. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    Written for @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha's Master and Padawan Challenge, I have a one shot starring Bell Zettifar, Loden Greatstorm, and an adorable char hound named Ember:

Charhound Chronicles

Yay[face_dancing] I have updated the Challenge Index with this wonderful entry focused on the magnificent Tahl from the Jedi Apprentice books!

3. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    You know, I told myself I wasn't going to do another one of these so soon - honest I wasn't! But, today is the first day of spring, so that seemed like the perfect time to celebrate and honor one of my absolute favorite works of fiction and art beyond the Star Wars universe. With that said, it is my honor to present . . .

The Lore Olympus Quote Roulette!

[​IMG]

Lore Olympus is a digital comic written and illustrated by Rachel Smythe. (You can read the entire series for free over at Webtoon.) It's a retelling of several stories from Greek Mythology - though its primary focus is on the tale of Persephone - with a blend of modern and classic aesthetics, and, most importantly, with modern sensibilities in mind. It's by turns funny and heartbreaking and romantic, and the style of the artwork is just drop dead (hee :p) gorgeous, to boot. Every page is a true joy to read!

So, step right up and claim a number, and I will give you a quote from the series and its corresponding page for reference! These stories have inspired for ages; let's see if they can inspire your muse now.

(Also, as a disclaimer, the comic isn't entirely TOS compliant, so the link I gave you only takes you to the main page. But, all the pages that will be linked for the purpose of this challenge are good to go. I just had to make sure to cover my bases there as a Mod by saying so. :p)

The Participants
    . @Ewok Poet
    Persephone: I’m okay, I’m okay. I just - (reaches out and covers Hades’ eyes)
    Hades: W-what are you doing?
    Persephone: I just don’t want you to see me cry again. (Ep. 40)

2. @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha
    Eros: She told me she was planning on crushing all her feelings down until they whither and die.
    Aphrodite: But that’s so boring and depressing!
    Eros: That’s what I said! (Ep. 68)

3. @amidalachick
    Hades: Metis once told me that I shouldn’t be frustrated by my slow recovery. She said it was because “I had more sorrow in my blood”. I suppose we would call it trauma now.
    Persephone: Does it ever go away?
    Hades: I’m not sure . . . not completely. But it does get smaller . . . easier to manage. (Ep. 133)

4. @earlybird-obi-wan
    Fate 1: Isn’t it obvious? The king has lost a valuable memory to wine.
    Fate 2: And this memory involves a young lady?
    Hades: I just want to know what I did and how embarrassing it was! (Ep. 75)

5. @ViariSkywalker
    Aeres: Last time I saw you, you were plump with optimism. But now you’re so angry, you’re practically rotting from the inside. Bringer of Death, what did you do? (Ep. 86)

The Index
    2. [Star Trek] Life Variations and the Right Choice
    , by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha
    4. King Puzzle
    , by earlybird-obi-wan
    5. Beneath the Gods of the Bright Sky, by ViariSkywalker

Last edited: Sep 7, 2023
  4. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
  5. ViariSkywalker

ViariSkywalker Kessel Run Hostess and Champion star 4 VIP - Game Winner VIP - Game Host

Aug 9, 2002
    Oh come on. You had me at Persephone. #5, please! :p

Last edited: Mar 20, 2021
  6. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    You get this heartbreakingly adorable quote from one of my favorite parts of the comic:

Persephone: I’m okay, I’m okay. I just - (reaches out and covers Hades’ eyes)
    Hades: W-what are you doing?
    Persephone: I just don’t want you to see me cry again. (Ep. 40)

You have a sixth sense for these quotes, you really do. :p (Also: I know, right?? [face_love])

Aeres: Last time I saw you, you were plump with optimism. But now you’re so angry, you’re practically rotting from the inside. Bringer of Death, what did you do? (Ep. 86)

:D

7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    @Mira_Jade these are fascinating. Please pick one for me, you know the kind of rainbow sunbeamy thing I like [face_laugh] [face_mischief]

8. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    What's more rainbows and sunbeamy than the personifications of Love and Beauty themselves? ;) I betcha you can do something with good ol' #2:

Eros: She told me she was planning on crushing all her feelings down until they whither and die.
    Aphrodite: But that’s so boring and depressing!
    Eros: That’s what I said! (Ep. 68)

[face_mischief] [face_tee_hee]

9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    SQUEE! :D

10. ViariSkywalker

ViariSkywalker Kessel Run Hostess and Champion star 4 VIP - Game Winner VIP - Game Host

Aug 9, 2002
    I guess some things are just meant to be. ;) [face_mischief]

Ooh, excellent. [face_love]

11. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    This is splendid, thank you! :)

12. amidalachick

amidalachick FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 5 VIP - Game Host

Aug 3, 2003
    Just want to say, even though I've never been big into Greek mythology (ancient Egypt was my thing :p), these quotes are so awesome and such a cool idea for a spring challenge! :D

13. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
  14. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
  15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
  16. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    I posted 'a ceremony for a Jedi'

17. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    The Lore Olympus Quote Roulette! 4 for me please

18. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    You got it! #4 is ripe for comedic potential with . . .

Fate 1: Isn’t it obvious? The king has lost a valuable memory to wine.
    Fate 2: And this memory involves a young lady?
    Hades: I just want to know what I did and how embarrassing it was! (Ep. 75)

Although, let's be honest, I could have quoted so many things from that page. :p

That leaves just #3 up for grabs! It's a bit of a bittersweet prompt, if that sounds like something you'd be interested in. [face_mischief]

19. amidalachick

Aug 3, 2003
    @Mira_Jade I wasn't going to do this because I probably won't end up writing anything and I don't need any more prompts to fail at anyway. But these are such great quotes, and with #3 sitting there all by its lonely little self, it's hard to resist. [face_batting]

So if it's okay with you, could I conditionally ask for #3? Like if someone comes along in the next few days and wants it, give it to them, but if it's still unclaimed by, say, Friday (or whenever you choose), I'll take it?

20. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    You got it! If no one claims it by Friday, it's yours. :D

21. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
  22. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
  23. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Fantastic! I'm adding it to the index now. :D [face_dancing]

And, @amidalachick, I'm just going to go ahead and give you #3. There's no one better for this quote, and I hope it inspires you! [:D]

Hades: Metis once told me that I shouldn’t be frustrated by my slow recovery. She said it was because “I had more sorrow in my blood”. I suppose we would call it trauma now.
    Persephone: Does it ever go away?
    Hades: I’m not sure . . . not completely. But it does get smaller . . . easier to manage. (Ep. 133)

With that, all of the Lore Olympus quotes are claimed! Who else has a challenge in mind? Step right up and don't be shy! [face_dancing] [:D]

24. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    So utterly perfect for Del/Kithera. [face_love]

25. amidalachick

Aug 3, 2003
    Wow, that hits me right in the feels for a few different reasons. And it ties in with a Springsteen song (shocking, I know :p) that I've been wanting to do something with! Thank you so much, Mira. [face_love]