main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Books More new DK in 2024-2025 - Complete Locations (New Edition), Acolyte Visual Guide

Discussion in 'Literature' started by The Positive Fan, Apr 1, 2024.

1. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    The Star Wars Upcoming Books & Comics page on Facebook assures us this is not an April Fools' joke: the DK Adult Fall 2024 Catalog contains listings for Complete Locations - New Edition releasing on November 26, 2024, as well as The Acolyte Visual Guide arriving on January 7, 2025. No other information is known at this time.

The Complete Locations update will be hugely welcome, as the last edition in 2016 only covered up to TFA and there have been a lot of additional locations introduced since then. And of course, everything in the Visual Guide format is gold (although at this point we don't know if Pablo's involved in this one).

Those of us who enjoy DK reference books are about to have a banner year!

2. Coherent Axe

Coherent Axe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2016
    I wonder if Complete Locations will have an overhaul to account for new changes like the layout of Tatooine per Book of Boba Fett and the Emperor's Vault on the DS-2.

QuinlanSolo and The Positive Fan like this.
  3. The Positive Fan

Jan 19, 2015
    This would certainly be a great opportunity for that. Also maybe an updated Great Temple layout to bring it more in line with Rogue One and The Rebel Files.

4. Coherent Axe

Coherent Axe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2016
    I assume Complete Locations will just cover the saga films, but obvious additions like Jedha City and the entire Scarif Citadel would be nice. The mines of Kessel at long last. I feel like Nevarro City and Ferrix would be obvious inclusions if the scope of the book allows for it, because they feel like pretty complete sets already -- Ferrix especially; I'm sure there's already an entire town map somewhere among the production team that could be easily prettied up for a book release.

The ultimate wish-list item would, I think, be Luke's Ossus temple.

5. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    :c3po: Wonderful!

This look pretty fun, especially the visual guide for the Acolyte. Lets hope it actually comes out, unlike the Mandalorian one. But yeah, always nice to get more guide stuff for the shows.

Odd choice of day to announce it though.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2024
    The Positive Fan likes this.
  6. The Positive Fan

Jan 19, 2015
    My own wish list item for the new Complete Locations would be the Sith Eternal citadel on Exegol, with the Nightsister fortress on Peridea a very close second.

While the Mando visual guide never surfaced, DK did put out that Mandalorian Handbook for younger readers that I suspect a lot of the planned Visual Guide material ended up recycled into. Being more than a year out at minimum from any new Mandalorian content, this would be a great time to update for BoBF and season 3 and put that guide back on the publishing schedule, on the off chance anyone from DK happens to be reading this...

MercenaryAce and Vialco like this.
  7. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006
    I hope the new Complete Locations with new illustrations for the six films. Particularly Theed and the Jedi Council chamber in TPM.

It'll be interesting for Canto Bight, Ajan Kloss base, Sith Temple on Exegol, the underground under the Forbidden Deserts, Crait Base, Temple island to the added from the Sequels.

MercenaryAce likes this.
  8. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013
    I want Holiday Special Crosssections or it won't ever be complete!

9. The Positive Fan

Jan 19, 2015
    The Acolyte Visual Guide was confirmed at SDCC, along with confirmation that Pablo is writing it (yes!).

No news there about the updated Complete Locations that I'm aware of, although there's an Amazon listing that suggests it may have gotten bumped to April of next year.