main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Spider-Man & SSU Films (Madame Web, Venom 3, Kraven, Beyond the Spider-Verse)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Spiderfan, May 20, 2008.

1. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    NPH should have played Peter in the first film. Anyway, Christopher Barnes and Dan Gilvezan both worked on "Shattered Dimensions". Do both could appear in asked.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  2. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Here's the wider poster shot with Spectacular Spider-Man and PlayStation Insomniac Studios Spider-Man at the edges. I have no idea who Sombreo Spider-Man is but you can see Bag Man Spider-Man!

And here's the trailer after party from about a month ago, interesting factoids herein especially about Peter B Parker and MJ

Anyway I finished watching the 2003 MTV Spider-Man. The animation is pretty rough but the voice cast is solid, there's a Michael Dorn Kraven! And it totally ended on a Spider-Man No More cliffhanger (Spider-Man basically accidentally crippled Peter's new girlfriend!) , maybe it'll be resolved in Spider-Verse with all the janky animation. One can dream!

Ghost likes this.
  3. CLee

CLee Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 18, 2017
    What do you think the first film would have been like if Chris Columbus had directed it?

4. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Well based on the rest of his filmography I'm going with "****."

On a completely unrelated note, I've been watching The Spectacular Spider-Man and goddamn is that a great cartoon. And you know it's good because I'm saying it's great even with its despicable pro-Gwen Stacy agenda (it admittedly helps that they took the unusual and relatively unprecedented based on the source material step of making her "a character" with "personality" and "more than two emotions").

Last edited: Feb 4, 2023
  5. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    It's soooo good

rocknroll41, BigAl6ft6 and Ramza like this.
  6. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Spectacular Spectacular Spider-Man! And the Spectacular Spider-Man is in Across the Spider-Verse

rocknroll41 and cubman987 like this.
  7. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Spider-Man Noir Live Action TeeVee show at Amazon, Lord and Miller involved. Noir was fantastic in Spider-Verse so I'm down with that. A Spider-Man live action TV series seems ambitious to say the least

(Also just to note animation movies and live action features are Sony, Disney Plus has a probably half hour Spider-Man animated new show Freshman year, and Spider-Man is in What If episodes. I think a Sony Spider-Man TV show has to be longer or feature length. Disney has all the Spider-Man animated shows, which is one reason why Spectacular Spider-Man was cancelled, the animation TV rights left Sony and back to Disney. And as mentioned Spectacular Spider-Man is in Across the Spider-Verse. Which makes me wonder if 90s animated Spider-Man can be in Spider-Verse 2 or if that is owned by Disney, as it was a Marvel show and launched on D+)

But anyway yay Noir.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2023
  8. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    MCU Spider-Man 4 progress, has a story!

“All I will say is that we have the story,” Feige said about Holland’s anticipated “Spider-Man” return. “We have big ideas for that, and our writers are just putting pen to paper now.”

Ghost likes this.
  9. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Apparently Venom 3 has started filming and Tom Hardy has posted a deleted scene from the first film to mark the occasion. (Just click on the link to load it, it works)

[face_laugh]

Last edited: Feb 23, 2023
    BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  10. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    "Bye, car!"

The2ndQuest likes this.
  11. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    darthcaedus1138 likes this.
  12. CLee

CLee Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 18, 2017
    I thought Neil Patrick Harris in the MTV series felt like trying too hard in trying to be serious and even more so in trying to be funny.

Here's a 15 minute script review of an earlier draft of Spider-Man 2

Hard to really tell from just the description but it feels like there were some good elements but mostly and overall a lot worse than what we actually got, especially that it seems like Mary Jane would have been excessively focused on (I thought she was in 1 and 3 and liked that in 2 she was still a pretty big part but not as central) and Harry and Otto would just been crazy and evil just because they were crazy and evil.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  13. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Yeah, I'm late, but Spider-Man Noir is fun. Glad to hear something is happening with him.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  14. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    That's not Gwen in multiple action still shots showing a single kick, that's a separate character.

15. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    It's Spot opening a portal so Gwen's attempt to kick Spot her foot goes through a portal and (almost) kicks Miles in the face (that's Gwen's ballerina shoe/leg)

Last edited: Mar 27, 2023
  16. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Ohh. I see it now. The ink blot stylization effect threw me off.

17. clonegeek

clonegeek Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 28, 2022
    I hope we get a Kraven trailor soon.

18. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Probably not because we're getting a new Spider-Verse trailer tomorrow! Trailer for the trailer!

(I did however just watch The Spectacular Spider-Man- who is also in Across the Spider-Verse too remember- episode with Kraven, pretty solid although it does use the Ultimate Comics Spider-Man inspired Beast Kraven which I always felt was a bit of a hat on a hat, he doesn't need to be part lion but I'll let is slide. Kraven is cool when he's obsessed with Spider-Man and ruthless)

Last edited: Apr 3, 2023
  19. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Two trailers! Well really the same with different intros, North American trailer has some Miles slice of life and Spot bits while the International trailer has all the 3 live action Spider-Man clips.

Anyway holy heck looks amazing ("Let me guess he died?") Ben Riley looking like he jumped from a Mark Bagley comic page! Reference to MCU Peter as "The little nerd from Earth-199999!" who had a terrible teacher *cough* Iron Man Jr. *cough* Also look closely at the first Spider-Men meme pointing shot the Insomniac Spider-Man looks like he's PS5 rendered.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2023
  20. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    This looks good enough that I’m going to forgive it including the clone.

JoinTheSchwarz and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  21. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    What is 2099 mumbling while the baby is wall-crawling?

(Feige anger rises)

Actually, there he's referring to himself in relation to Miles.

22. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    "Go easy on him, he had a terrible teacher" is B referencing MCU Peter or Miles? Only because it comes right after the Earth-199999 line

23. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    like wazzup danger

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  24. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    90s TAS Spider-Man also dealt with Doctor Strange. But whom is a bigger little nerd, TAS Spider-Man (who frankly is kinda hip, check out his rolled up sleeves and tons of babes) or MCU Spider-Man.

Anyway interesting post I saw is that after Doctor Strange spell, MCU Peter isn't reffed to by name here, just "that little nerd". Would be very confusing at a Spider-Man multiverse waypoint

Last edited: Apr 4, 2023
  25. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    definitely looking forward to this

glad they are making more of these movies as I really like the animation style, and man it would be so cool to see this kind of animation for other characters like say the X-Men or something

BigAl6ft6 likes this.