main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"This is the clue we need to unravel the mystery of the sith"

Discussion in 'Archive: The Phantom Menace' started by Parparamia, Dec 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Parparamia

Parparamia Jedi Master star 3

Sep 17, 2004
    Mace says in the council "Discover the identity of this dark warrior, This is the clue we need to unravel the mystery of the sith"...What mystery was there to unravel, obviously the events at hand but what Mace was talking about was much deeper. He said it in a way that it had been an ongoing mystery that the Jedi have pondered for ages....Did I miss something?

2. Ghost_Jedi

Ghost_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 27, 2003
    Back in tpm, the Jedi Council, through Qui-Gon realized the Sith had returned. Unfortunately w/ the splitting of Maul, they do not know whether Maul was the master/apprentice, the identity of the other Sith, as always there are 2, and what their plans are.

They will learn all in rots.

3. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    And they don't know that palpatine is a Sith lord either.

4. Emos-Edud

Emos-Edud Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2002
    And neither do we know. We assume. Not a very good strategy in solving most mysteries.

5. DEEPBLUE

DEEPBLUE Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 26, 2003
    emos, i do not think anyone would doubt that you have assumed far more than is necessary in order to make your theory make sense (if at all). why, then, do you fault others for this?

6. Lars_Muul

Lars_Muul Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    Parparamia: I agree with you. It seems like he is talking about something bigger. Perhaps the Sith have been assumed extinct for the last 1000 years, but noone has been really sure.
    Afterall, Mace also said "I do not think the Sith could have returned without us knowing". That line implies that they have thought it possible for the Sith to still be around. Or, it implies that the Sith order might have been resurrected by some Force user.

7. abc34

abc34 Jedi Youngling

Dec 2, 2004
    The clue is in the original starwars movies. Darth sidious hid out like obi wan did the original star wars intil he found a jedi that had fear and hatred. Then he trained Maul to be use the force for evil and for the destuction of the jedi.

8. NeoBaggins

NeoBaggins Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    "I failed you"-Corde

"Your using her as bait"-Obiwan

And "This is the clue we need to unravel the mystery of the Sith"

These statements have something in common. They are MEANINGLESS lines used only for effect. The Sith have been extinct for a Millinia. When did a mystery start?

9. openmind

openmind Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 23, 2003
    I was under the impression that Mace was pointing out that since the Sith were thought to be extinct, its a mystery that they've apparently come back;how could it be?

Finally after the Darth Maul confrontation, the mystery became "there is no doubt, the mysterious warrior WAS A SITH".

However, the darkside continues to cloud the Jedi. They can't figure out whether it was the Master or the Apprentice.

10. Lars_Muul

Oct 2, 2000
    "Your using her as bait"-Obiwan

Before that line, they were saying:

- She programmed Artoo to warn us if there is an intruder.

- There are many other ways to kill a senator.

- I know, but we also want to catch this assassin, don't we, Master?

How this makes Obi-Wan's following comment meaningless is beyond me.

Oh, and openmind: Good thinking :)

11. Parparamia

Parparamia Jedi Master star 3

Sep 17, 2004
    Mace: "Discover the identity of this dark warrior, This is the clue we need to unravel the mystery of the sith"...How will one Dark Warrior's identity unravel the mysterey of the Sith? Also, if it is a mysterey to which they do not know the answer(obviously or it would not be a mysterey)..how do they know that the answer will solve the mysterey? Sure, it can reveal that he either is or is not a Sith...but what that only solves a basic question..is he or isn't he a Sith. Mace talks of the "Mysterey OF the Sith" I think the Mace and Yoda know a great deal more than they let on to the movie going audience and maybe other Jedi Council members. I'm sure that I am probably reading too much into this..but my gut tells me that there is more to it.

12. Emos-Edud

Emos-Edud Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2002
    Deep, check the definition and use of "we."

13. Lars_Muul

Oct 2, 2000
    Maybe Mace and Qui-Gon were working together to unravel the mystery.

14. generallee5

generallee5 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 27, 2003
    I'm with openmind.

"...How will one Dark Warrior's identity unravel the mysterey of the Sith? Also, if it is a mysterey to which they do not know the answer(obviously or it would not be a mysterey)..how do they know that the answer will solve the mysterey?"

Ond Dark Warrior's identity shows if he is a Sith or not, showing that yes the Sith are back.

"Sure, it can reveal that he either is or is not a Sith...but what that only solves a basic question..is he or isn't he a Sith."

Knowing if he's a Sith or not unravels the mystery of the attacker and let's the Jedi know if he's a Sith or not. If he is, the Sith are back. If he isn't, then as far as the Jedi know he was a Dark Jedi and there may be another one who trained him.

15. The-Clone-Wars

The-Clone-Wars Jedi Master star 3

Jun 27, 2002
    Dangerous and disturbing this puzzle is...meditate upon this, I will.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.