main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Zuko's Got A Cold (Avatar fancomic, humor)

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by Starith, Dec 12, 2023.

1. Starith

Starith Jedi Master star 3

Apr 5, 2020
    Genre: Humor, comic
    Summary: Zuko gets a cold. The Gaang reacts.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 12, 2023
  2. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    Excellent job with the illustrations! All the characters look just like their animated selves=D=

All the characters were also very in character with their behavior. Zuko being stubborn about not taking a day off teaching even though he is suffering from a cold; Sokka musing about whether Zuko is faking it (going into his detective mode), Katara speculating that she wouldn't put it past him, and Toph pointing out that it is usually the student faking being sick rather than the other way around[face_laugh]

Then the cherry on top of the comedic sundae comes at the climax when Aang whips out the frozen frog as a cure for the cold[face_rofl]

3. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    "Katara froze it herself" - ha, I bet she did! [face_mischief] [face_whistling]

The last panel, with Aang's tough love in forcing the issue, had me cracking up - especially with Sokka's grimace and Toph's "maybe we should just let Zuko have a sick day." [face_laugh]

This was a great bit of fun! Thank you for sharing your talent with us. =D=

4. ViariSkywalker

ViariSkywalker Chosen One star 4

Aug 9, 2002
    omg I lost it at the frozen frog [face_rofl]

I completely agree with devilinthedetails, the artwork is excellent and the characterizations are spot-on! Out of curiosity (and if you don't mind sharing), how long does it typically take you to create something like this? It looks like a lot of work! Awesome job with this.

5. Starith

Starith Jedi Master star 3

Apr 5, 2020
    Thanks, all. Glad there's enjoyment to be had for my silly comic stuff. [face_coffee]

@ViariSkywalker : It depends, but I think I worked on this for about 4 days, partially because I'm not used to drawing the characters and I had to look up reference material (to my surprise, Aang was probably the hardest to draw. It's that Mickey Mouse thing of "looks simple, but the little details are key".)

Overall, it was fun to draw and write the Gaang. Maybe I'll do another Avatar comic sometime, if I can think of an idea...

Thanks again, everyone!

6. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 7

Aug 21, 2006
    I sure love this with the characters drawn and the comic relief. A frozen frog, hilarious to cure a sick Zuko

7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Great bantering and speculation about faking being sick ... A frozen frog, that's a first. [face_mischief]

Starith likes this.
  8. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    Short, funny, great art and everyone is 100% in character. [face_laugh]

Starith likes this.
  9. Kahara

Kahara Chosen One star 4

Mar 3, 2001
    Poor Zuko! [face_laugh] Every now and then I come back to this one, and it's hilarious every time. The webby little foot of the frog especially kills me dead for some reason. :D

Starith likes this.