main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Teach Me To Trust; can Qui-Gon save Obi-Wan from the hands of an abusive Master?(au for JA)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Angel5000, Jan 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Angel5000

Angel5000 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2001
    Title:Teach Me To Trust

Author: Angel5000
    Rating: PG-13 for violence

Disclaimer: These characters, and the Star Wars universe, belong to George Lucas, and not me. The only characters that I made up were Instructor Anteles and Master Na?em Retsam, although I?d rather not claim him.

Summary: When Obi-Wan is accepted by Master Na?em Retsam after his battle with Bruck he thinks he?s in heaven. But soon things begin happening that make him fear for his safety. Will Qui-Gon be able to save Obi-Wan before it?s too late or will Obi-Wan have to find a way out of this on his own?

Author Note: I?ve taken a piece of JA1, The Rising Force, and placed it in this story. It is marked by two ** at the beginning and end of the excerpt. There are paragraphs I have removed though, and I replaced Qui-Gon?s name with the name Na?em Retsam a couple of times.

Note:This story is totally AU for JA ? please don?t read this expecting everything to be the same.

Warning 2:If the idea of abuse (physical) of a minor (13 yr old) bothers you DO NOT read any further. This story contains much of that sort of thing and if it upsets you then DO NOT READ. Thank-you.

Note2 During the first half of this story there are jumps in time from the present, to the past, and back to the present again. The past sections are Obi-Wan remembering exactly how he had gotten himself into the situation he is in.

I do not mean to confuse people. If you have questions feel free to ask.

* * Italicised
    // // Telepathic thoughts
    ^ ^ Personal thoughts

2. Tahiri

Tahiri Jedi Master star 4

Apr 9, 2001
    This actually seems really interesting...I love Obi and Qui bonding stories...lol 8-} Write some and post soon!

3. AricaJade

AricaJade Jedi Youngling

Jan 2, 2002
    OOOHHHH!! I LIKE I LIKE!!

Must have more!

4. Jacinta_Kenobi

Jacinta_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 23, 2001
    I saw this, and immediately clicked it. CAN'T WAIT TO READ!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Angel5000

Jun 6, 2001
    Alright...here's the first post. Hope ya'll like it!!

There is a section in this post that I have taken from the first Jedi Apprentice book, The Rising Force. That section has been surrounded by **.

Enjoy! :)

Obi-Wan sat huddled in a ball in the corner of the room. His legs were pulled up to his chest, his eyes red and swollen from crying, and his back was on fire. Silently the thirteen-year-old boy buried his face in his arms and attempted to discover how he got himself into this situation. Really it had started a year ago, just before he had become a Padawan?

**Bruck?s red lightsaber crackled and hissed as Obi-Wan desperately tried to parry with his own. For the fourth time in less than a day the two boys were locked in combat, grunting and struggling.

Obi-Wan?s muscles ached. Sweat drenched his thick tunic. Bruck?s toughness surprised him. The boy was fighting desperately, as though his life depended on it. Obi-Wan realized that Bruck was just as afraid of
    not being chosen as a Jedi apprentice as he was.

But Obi-Wan would match Bruck?s toughness with his own, and then push even harder. This was this one last chance.

Bruck?s blade hummed as it angled toward Obi-Wan?s throat. A touch there would signal a killing blow, and Obi-Wan would lose the bout.

A cry rose up from the crowd seated in the shadows surrounding the battle arena. Masters and students had gathered to watch the fight. Obi-Wan could not see them ? he could only hear their shouts and encouragement. Overhead, AJTD6 whisked around, monitoring the match as referee.

?Fool.? Bruck growled softly enough so that others could not hear about the cheering. ?You should never have agreed to fight me. You can?t win.?

Bruck?s shocking white hair was tied in a ponytail, and sweat stood out in droplets on his brow. He wore heavily padded black body armor. The odor of burned flesh and singed hair hung heavily in the air. Both warriors had managed to hit one another, but the touches so far had not been firm strikes.

Around the arena, many of the younger initiates cheered, calling out encouragement to Bruck or Obi-Wan. All of them had heard of the fight last night. Obi-Wan heard Bant shout ?Courage, Obi-Wan. You?re doing well!? Garen Muln whistled through his teeth.

?You mean that *you* can?t win!? Obi-Wan told Bruck scornfully as their training lightsabers tangled and sizzled. ?Your failure today will signal to everyone
    that you are not just a loser, but a liar.?

The Masters had decided the fight would be without blindfolds. Bruck?s face was close, and his eyes glared at Obi-Wan with hate. The moment stretched, extended. In Bruck?s eyes Obi-Wan saw a future mapped
    out for him, a future in which anger ruled him and he began to hate all who opposed him.

Obi-Wan reached out for the Force. He felt it flow around him, but he could not fully grasp it. Here was he boy who stood between him and his dream, who mocked him, who tricked him. He pushed against Bruck and saw
    the surprise in the boy?s eyes as he fell backward.

Obi-Wan took advantage of Bruck?s uncertainty to aim a sizzling attack at Bruck?s face. Bruck ducked and slashed at Obi-Wan?s feet. Obi-Wan leaped high in the
    air.

As a child, Obi-Wan had learned by fighting older students to avoid flashy attacks that wasted energy.

Instead, he?d been trained to fight defensively, to block blows with small movements, or to avoid them.

Instead of waiting to gauge Bruck?s attack strategy, Obi-Wan attacked suddenly and furiously. Bruck tried to block the attacks, but Obi-Wan?s lightsaber met Bruck?s with stinging power. Bruck nearly dropped his
    weapon.

Obi-Wan brandished his lightsaber in both hands, swinging brutally. Bruck tried to block a second time,and fell back, sprawling. His lightsaber switched off
    and went skittering over the uneven floor.

Obi-Wan slammed down, a decisive blow that should have won the bout, but Bruck managed to roll aside and grab his lightsaber. He barely had time to switch it on
    before Obi-Wan?s lightsaber battered down again.

6. Kaylla_Norn_II

Kaylla_Norn_II Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 4, 2001
    i don't want to wait until later.... i want more story now! Please!!!!!

7. AricaJade

AricaJade Jedi Youngling

Jan 2, 2002
    moremoremoremoremoremoremore...

do you get the picture?

I WANT MORE!!

8. anakin_girl

anakin_girl Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 8, 2000
    I don't even read too many JA fics, but I'm really liking this!

More, please! :)

9. KenobisGirl

KenobisGirl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 10, 2001
    Cool beginning! Hehe... Na'em Retsam's name is "Master Mean" spelled backwards!!

Anyway, I like the idea, so please post some more!!!! :D

10. Angel5000

Jun 6, 2001
    KenobisGirl: You're too quick! At every other place I have posted this story, no one else I know of has figured out what I was doing with Na'em's name.

More story will hopefully come tomorrow. School starts back up again tomorrow, and so I have to finish homework up. I'll try to get something posted tomorrow night.

I am glad you are all liking this story so far.

11. Mcily_Nochi

Mcily_Nochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 23, 2001
    This looks good. School already started fo rme :_| but I'll see if I can squeeze in another fic to read.

12. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    QGJ to the rescue.You are paying right into my hands with this story line.I will be checking every day for another post.PEACE Ewen

13. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    Well I'll be clicking active topic notification for this one. This is just great Angel5000! :)

14. KenobisGirl

Jul 10, 2001
    Hehe... I try to be quick! LoL!! I think I should sleep now...

More soon please! :D

15. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    Interesting! :)

And if it makes you feel any better, school has started for me too. :(

x Clare x

16. Tahiri

Apr 9, 2001
    Darn school and all it's evils :mad: Anyway! This fic seems really promising, so keep writing soon, or else, I just might have to bombard you with e-mails and constantly annoy you until you do my bidding. ;)

17. Lady_Panaka

Lady_Panaka Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 3, 2002
    Ooo, a new story with a very good start. Please, do post more.
    <glee>
    Lady Panaka

18. Tahiri

Apr 9, 2001
  19. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    GREAT start sis! I LOVE this one so far and I'd love more! :D

20. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    Ooooo Angel5000 PLEASE post soon? I want to read more!!! ;) :)

21. stevo

stevo Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 14, 2001
    I don't ever read JA, but hey, here's a start. I'm likeing this.

22. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    Very cool and well written too!

Kit

23. Angel5000

Jun 6, 2001
    Hey guys guess what?? I got another post for ya'll!! :) It's kinda short...but I hope its enough to hold you over for a short time. There will be another post either later tonight or tomorrow hopefully.

Enjoy!

WARNING: CORPORAL PUNISHMENT AND/OR BEATING OF MINOR WILL BE POSTED NOW. IF THIS BOTHERS YOU PLEASE DISCONTINUE READING!

Obi-Wan shook his head, why hadn?t he listened to that feeling? His instinct had always been good, yet at the time when he most needed to listen he had pushed them away. Now, because of his stupidity, he was beaten, sitting with his back and legs bruised and crying his eyes out.

After he had become Master Retsam?s Apprentice they had gone back to Na?em?s quarters. Na?em had gone straight into telling his rules. For over an hour he had lectured, explaining every rule and expectation. There were certainly a lot of them too. Master Retsam even had rules for the rules!

The first time he had realized that his new Master wasn?t quite the kind man he had appeared was a month later, near his thirteenth birthday. Obi-Wan had been rather moody that day, causing him to be more disrespectful than usual?

"What did you say to me?" Na'em shouted. His eyes were flashing and Obi-Wan could feel his anger. Unfortunately it didn't calm him one bit.

"I said, get the datapad yourself! You're so lazy and I'm treated like a slave around here! News flash- I'm not your slave to do your bidding!" Obi-Wan yelled back. There was, of course, no truth behind that statement at all, at least not at the moment. Obi-Wan was just tired and moody and didn't feel like himself. He was actually treated very well; his Master had been very kind and understanding, until now that is.

With lightning speed Na'em grabbed Obi-Wan by the braid and tossed him over the arm of the couch. Only seconds later the boy's pants were down and Na'em was preparing to deliver several hard swats to his Apprentice's posterior.

"This is to teach you some manners and respect." The Knight growled as his large hand connected with the boy's rear. Several times Na'em swatted Obi-Wan and it wasn't until the boy's entire backside was red and obviously very tender did he stop. Obi-Wan was sobbing so hard that he was nearly choking when his Master roughly pulled him to his feet.

"Now, go fetch that datapad like I said and then go to bed. I don't want to hear another word from you until morning!" Master Retsam's voice was stern and Obi-Wan could only nod and obey. The boy was too shocked to do anything else. To shocked and definitely too scared...

Obi-Wan shuddered as he remembered that night. It had been the first beating he had received from his new Master but it definitely wouldn't be the last. Whenever he did something to displease Na'em, no matter how small and insignificant, he paid for it with another beating.

The morning after that first spanking Obi-Wan had awakened afraid that Na'em would still be angry with him. To his surprise his Master was very cheerful and agreeable. Truthfully, had it not been for the throbbing in his backside he would have thought it all a dream.

Obi-Wan laughed cynically. A dream...how he wished this whole thing was just a terribly bad dream...

24. KenobisGirl

Jul 10, 2001
    Great post!!!!

More soon please! Hehe... Can I spank Obi? ;)

25. SilverWander

SilverWander Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 18, 2001
    Angel!!!!!
    Awesome story so far! Can't wait for the next post..
    Poor Obi-Wan!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.