main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Spy Picture -- AT-AT Foot?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by DarthBreezy, Apr 15, 2014.

1. gambit420

gambit420 Jedi Master star 2

Oct 14, 2003
    Check this out. If you look at the picture you can see grooves on it's side and they match up with the lines in Mr. K's picture between the flanges in the same exact spot! I crudley filled them in with Photoshop.

[​IMG]

2. gambit420

gambit420 Jedi Master star 2

Oct 14, 2003
    And there is a matching slot directly above the flange we see in the same exact spot where it should be. I have no doubt it's a walker foot!

[​IMG]

3. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    Yeah. It all matches up to an AT-AT foot. Bad Robot even teased us with an AT-AT at the start of the year.

[​IMG]

4. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    "Yoda once pwn'd me by lifting an X-Wing. I'll show that dead green troll how to lift large objects, my son! I'll show them all! AH-AHA-HA-HA-HAAAAA!!"
    *Luke proceeds to go insane and starts tossing around abandoned AT-AT husks*

5. DebonaireNerd

DebonaireNerd Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 9, 2012

Could that be C3PO's great uncle to the right?

6. Dewback

Dewback Force Ghost star 4

Jul 18, 1998
    Maybe a wrecked AT-AT is partially covered by a dune.

7. Scummy_and_Villainous

Scummy_and_Villainous Jedi Knight star 3

May 13, 2013

Damn it you forced my hand.

[​IMG]

8. smudger9

smudger9 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2007
    Pretty much confirmation that we're going to Tatooine then. So is this foot going to be from an old destroyed AT-AT or will we have an imperial force controlling Tatooine. Finally some hard evidence to discuss. It's going t be a fun ride from here on in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

9. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    So let me get this straight Gambit, you think it's a walker foot right?

10. Victorian Time Traveler

Victorian Time Traveler Jedi Master star 3

Nov 20, 2012

It's most definitely an AT-AT foot.
    Perhaps it will be used in a scene where our characters find something of importance to the story inside an abandoned AT-AT husk on Tatooine. I couldn't imagine the AT-AT would be operational, what with the Empire having been gone for 30 years? Or perhaps the Empire was never really gone (as some rumors have stated) and this AT-AT is indeed fully operational and will be giving our heroes a run for their money? So many possibilities. This is fun!

11. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    what like a rebel base?

Lurknomore and rdhight like this.
  12. SimitarLikeTusk

SimitarLikeTusk Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 10, 2014
    yep its a fullsize AT-AT foot for the obvious full size AT-AT there building for a scene set in Tatooine.
    The fact it looks exactly like part of an oil pipeline is just coincidence...

13. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003

my thought.

14. Mr. K

Mr. K Moderator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 1999
    [​IMG]
    It almost has to be. It is not a complete foot- the side of it has been flattened to give the illusion that it's about 3 feet in the ground. Look at the workers' feet. They're pushing it, not rolling it. That walker has been tipped...so long ago that it's embedded itself 3 feet into Tatooine dune.

Gives the suggestion there at one time was a Battle of Tatooine.

(somebody is getting so fired for this...)

J_Girl, Immortiss, Revanfan1 and 4 others like this.
  15. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    maybe it's an actual fully operational at-at? once they're done filming, they get long oil, roll into saudi, and start shooting the place up?

it's one way to finance the movie

Revanfan1 and TKT like this.
  16. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    Maybe this is a walker foot but we can't sure this is a filming location for Tatooine. Could be a desolate area of another planet. Maybe with some added special effects it will be made to look quite different from a Tatooine landscape.

17. HegoDamask

HegoDamask Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 18, 2013
    Here's my interpretation:
    [​IMG]
    -J

EDIT: Also a good chunk of the bottom of the foot is missing. My guess is this is gonna be used for shots on the ground with actors. If this is indeed tatooine, maybe they are after Luke?

18. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Zuckuss the Ruckuss Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2013

YES! YES! This is what I'm talking about. But we need to go even more down the rabbit hole. Its time to bring out some mechanical engineers from MIT.

I know at least one of you guys has already built a life size working mockup.

Revanfan1 and HegoDamask like this.
  19. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    when will an at-at be getting its imdb credit?

Lurknomore likes this.
  20. Granger

Granger Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 1, 2012
    I came into this thread all "Here we go again. Someone posts an image of a round thing that may or may not be from the set and everyone imagines it's an AT-AT foot. What a bunch of...Say, that really does look like an AT-AT foot!" Seriously, after looking at this comparison, that's an AT-AT foot. Based on the way they built the prop with detail on the bottom, it appears that the AT-AT will be appearing on it's side (probably sleeping) or maybe they plan to hoist it from a crane or something for some stomping action. Good idea to bring back the fairly iconic AT-AT even if it's just for a Krayt Dragon skeleton like cameo.

Revanfan1, Lurknomore and Mr. K like this.
  21. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Nah, it's from the battle of Hoth - we just never saw the summers there.

22. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    Do you have comparison images that we can see?

23. cbagmjg

cbagmjg Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 12, 2006
    It's also ruff & irritating. And it gets everywhere!

Lurknomore likes this.
  24. robo_obi

robo_obi Jedi Master star 4

Mar 15, 2002
    i was skeptical when i first saw the pic this morning...but the more I look at it....especially with the comparisons....I honestly can't see how it isn't an AT-AT foot...and one that is supposed to look buried in the sand at that...

and the fact that they're moving it out of the tent would indicate that the tent is possibly the on site prop department...

the buildings and such that are around are from 'BYRNE' an equipment, building and tool hire place in Abu Dhabi...the sort of company a film production might require the services of....

http://www.byrnerental.com/en/section/solutions

it all sort of fits....

and I guess it's not a given that it's tatooine...but that's the fun of guessing isn't it?

Immortiss, gambit420 and Mr. K like this.
  25. cbagmjg

cbagmjg Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 12, 2006
    Nevermind