main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Is the Emperor really dead?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by LANDO_ROCKS, Jan 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hoggsquattle

Hoggsquattle Jedi Master star 5

Feb 7, 2009

Faith.

I have faith in Lucas, Abrams and Kennedy to be better than this and in Hamill to speak against it ;)

Django Fett and TheBBP like this.
  2. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    Hamill? LOL

3. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009
    Why LOL?

PS signing off until tomorrow - laters

4. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    Hamill would have zero influence.

Gallandro likes this.
  5. Darth Bacon

Darth Bacon Jedi Youngling

Aug 24, 2014
    If the emperor is back as a younger clone- maybe he will be played by Andy Serkis??? Look at pictures of Ian Mcdiarmid and you'll see a little resemblance. Couple that with Serkis' ability as an actor....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Gallandro

Gallandro Force Ghost star 4

Jul 8, 1998
    Exactly... as they saying goes "Mark Hamill gotta eat." This is probably his single biggest paycheck in decades, he's not going to rock the boat.

7. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    It does make me chuckle when people are finding these non existent physical likenesses between the actors. *WAKE UP CALL* None of them look anything like one another in the slightest. The only conceivable notion is that Daisy ends up being the daughter of Han & Leia.

CGI-BOBAFENT likes this.
  8. CGI-BOBAFENT

CGI-BOBAFENT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    I pretty much agree with Making Star Wars on the idea that the rumours of the Emperor may be simply people hearing the title of Emperor and assuming it has to be Palpatine and not a wholly new character.

If Palpatine does indeed come back, I kinda hope it's reincarnation in another chosen one immaculate birth scenario with Plagueis pulling the strings...which of our announced actors are around the 30 age bracket?

Dra--- and nalkwan like this.
  9. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    But because of there being nothing after death his desire to live managed to overcome his death on DS2? Its been his total undivided goal for his whole life from the moment Plagueis mentioned to him that death could be cheated.....

I don't know but thats the only way i could accept it.

10. IG_2000

IG_2000 Force Ghost star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    What if the Inquisitors kidnapped Luke to use as a living vessel for the spirit of Palpatine, and in the end he gives his life to save the new characters but that opens up his body to possession by Palpatine, and so Luke effectively becomes the main villain of the sequel trilogy?

I know a lot of you would scoff at this idea but you have to keep this in mind:

We'd get to see Mark Hamill Joker-out in live action.

11. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    I'm not agreeing, but given some of the theories on this board, I'm certainly not scoffing either.

12. Lord D'arg

Lord D'arg Jedi Master star 3

Nov 29, 2013
    Look, alls I am saying is that it would be a massive design flaw for them to build a reactor shaft in the Emperor's personal throne room on the Death star. For all we know, that shaft could have dropped him straight into the seat of his customized ship, and the blue flaring we see is not the dark side essence being released but instead the engines of his ship coming to life.

The Emperor IS alive. He has gone into exile on the planet Habogad and has decided to peruse his love of Opera.

13. Count Zero

Count Zero Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2014
    The Makers of the ST can do literally anything they want. They aren't bound by Lucas at all. There are no SW experts, anymore.

Lucas is a consultant, but he does not own the story anymore. No real say at all.

darklordoftech likes this.
  14. IG_2000

IG_2000 Force Ghost star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    Maybe he forsaw his own death by Vader being thrown down a shaft and so he invented one of those Force worm holes from Dark Empire at the bottom of the pit to transport him to that planet made of jello from the Holiday Special. +

Lord D'arg and The Hellhammer like this.
  15. Rabs

Rabs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2014
    OT Palpatine was a clone. That's the twist. He's been cloning himself for centuries, and he's been the Dark Lord of the Sith several times under different names. He even tried using one of his own clones as his apprentice figuring that it would be the perfect match, but then his clone killed him while he slept.

16. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    If they bring back the Palpatine as a clone them I'm done & will go back & enjoy EP1 cause that had an annoying character but at least no major character was a Clone ......

17. JediKnightWax

JediKnightWax Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2014

Lucas is the only Star Wars expert? What are the people at LucasFilm?

Rabs and Hoggsquattle like this.
  18. Imperial Reject

Imperial Reject Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 6, 2012
    We already have in "Jay And Silent Bob Strike Back" lol

I always thought it was an elevator shaft seeing as how they were in a tower

Rabs and Jcuk like this.
  19. Count Zero

Jul 20, 2014
    Not Lucas. The script has already been tossed out and rewritten by folks not associated with LFL, for starters.

20. Miles Lodson

Miles Lodson Chosen One star 4

Jul 10, 1998
    I hope it's this because IMHO bringing back Palpatine in any way, shape or form undermines the entire narrative of the first 6 films.

Hoggsquattle likes this.
  21. Count Zero

Jul 20, 2014
    Could be, but you have to remember this is all out of context.

Let me say that again...

OUT OF CONTEXT.

We know nothing about the specifics of any of this. If is IS Palpatine, it connects all three trilogies together by having them all be opposing the same specific evil force. If not, they will have to connect it in some way or there is no reason to make a sequel trilogy. Spinoffs, sure, but no sequel mainline trilogy. It would literally be nothing but a cash grab.

And any prophecy stuff would (and could) have to just be reinterpreted since there is VERY little about the prophecy that made it into canon.

22. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009
    Of course Hamill has influence, what he wouldn't have is authority.

You'll notice I put him separate - indicating that he would intervene and tell the other that it is a load of horse hockey as a plot line.

I've seen, heard and read enough interviews with Hamill to have faith he would speak up to the powers that be on such a rubbish idea.

I never said he wouldn't still sign on or have creative "power", but he isn't shy of speaking up in that way.

Yes, it is a hefty payday, but that doesn't mean me has no creative input or just signed on the dotted line regardless of the script, etc.

You're comment that the man is greedy isn't nice - it lessens your standing.

Abrams and Kasdan put serious delays on production to rewrite the screenplay to put the focus on the Big 3.

There is no way that all that was done do that one of them wouldn't actually be one of them.

Who said the the script was tossed out?

How are Abrams and Kasdan NOT associated with Lucasfilm?

23. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009
    Agreed, but don't worry - the rumour is rubbish.

Count Zero - Previous movies are already connected by the presence of Luke, Han, Leia and company - the rest will be connected by the legacy of Anakin/Vader.

This does not require a physical appearance.

When does Palpatine say that?

24. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    That's just crazy enough to work :p

Rabs likes this.
  25. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    So, has he always looked like Palpatine throughout the centuries? I'm confused (lol)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.