main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters The Skywalker-Jade Revival Society Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Luke_Mara_Index, Dec 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThreadSketch

ThreadSketch Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2013
    Man, if I was Mara from that universe I'd be like, "Kriff my old universe, there's nothing there to go back to anyway." o_O

Gemma likes this.
  2. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Lol. Good point (and that will be Luke's argument to knock some sense into her). I want to write this. I want to write this REALLY BADLY.

Gemma likes this.
  3. ThreadSketch

ThreadSketch Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2013
    "The power of fic compels you. THE POWER OF FIC COMPELS YOU."

I'd also like to see the exploration of an older Mara who remained childless, now being faced with a "son" who's a complete stranger to her.

Gemma likes this.
  4. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    I'm not one to stop writing a fic I'm actively working on half way through to start a new one (I only like working on one long fic at a time, DDC is the exception) but I think I might.

I too would like to explore how Mara would react to meeting the child she aborted. My thoughts as to the time frame would be a couple years after FOTJ, so Ben would be in his late, late teens or even 20, so not a kid needing his mom. So I'm really not sure how either would react.

5. Gemma

Gemma Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2013
    Briannakin That story you're talking about does sound REALLY great --- All I ask is that you write it --eventually. A 1000 reasons not to bootknock -- that's a lot of reasons -- I think your Luke will be able to wear her down. Could even earn a Ginchy Shine.:)

6. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005
  7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Briannakin - I would read that in no time flat if you posted it. [face_batting]

woot! All these divergent realities for Luke/Mara - where only the details differ but the overriding reality of the two of them together still exists. [face_dancing] [face_party] Like a literal law of physics, you cannot keep those two apart. I think it would rupture the space/time continuum. [face_laugh]

8. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    HEEEEEE! I think I might include that when I start this. I gotta survive A TON OF PAPERS DUE!!! Arg. Damn school interrupting my fic-writing.

9. JediAuthor1.0

JediAuthor1.0 Jedi Padawan

Sep 1, 2014
    Hello, I am new to the forums: how does one submit pieces for challenges??? Is there a requisite length, etc...?

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  10. taramidala

taramidala Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 1999
    Welcome!!

For submitting, you just...post.

Length...? I don't think we have limits on length. Half the time one shots turn into long!fic anyway. [face_laugh]

11. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    Yes, welcome!! Love the icon!! And hooray for challenge fic. I hope we get lots of great Halloween fic!!!! [face_pumpkin]

12. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Welcome!

For submitting challenge responses, all you have to do is include something like "written for the SJRS October/November (or whatever) challenge" in the title or notes, and post a link here.

There is no required length unless specified (and I don't think I've ever put a required length, and I doubt I ever will). All I ask is that you post before I put up the next challenge (which next challenge will be at the beginning of December).

If you have any other questions, let us know!

13. JediAuthor1.0

Sep 1, 2014
    Thank you all for the welcome and info, it is very much appreciated. [face_alien]

14. JediAuthor1.0

Sep 1, 2014
    Thanks, I love the black and white profile of my all-time favorite Jedi! This is an amazing photo of Luke, and I feel it captures his personality perfectly: serious, yet gentle.

Nyota's Heart and ginchy like this.
  15. JediAuthor1.0

Sep 1, 2014
    Briannakin: Please let me know when you start writing that story about L/M time-travel, cause I'm hooked just by your explanation..... I can't wait to read it!

16. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Just a note, we have unlimited post editing time here in fanfic, so if you have more to say, but you were the last one to post, please just edit your post. Double and triple posting is considered spamming.

Anyways, HERE IS MY CHALLENGE RESPONSE! It's just kinda short and fluffy since my brain is wanted and needed on other projects.

17. ginchy

May 25, 2005
    Oooh!! Dudes, I am having a hard time fitting 'candy' into my response idea. But I will get there!!!

And I will catch up on all my reading. Bri, with 'short and fluffy', you're speaking my language!!!! [face_love]

18. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    I shouldn't have read challenge, as now I'm very likely to get hit with plot bunnies at work and I've got a movie observation paper to write...

19. JediAuthor1.0

Sep 1, 2014
    ok. I'm still trying to figure my way around the forums. thanks for the heads-up

20. ginchy

May 25, 2005
    Okay, I finally figured out how to fit 'candy' in. [face_devil]

Number Six

Jade_Pilot and divapilot like this.
  21. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    On my gosh ginchy lee, your fic is awesome!

divapilot and ginchy like this.
  22. ginchy

May 25, 2005

Thanks, gal!! I went a little dark side. [face_devil]

I hope we get lots and lots more Halloween fics!!!! [face_pumpkin]

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  23. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
  24. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    The way that worded that gave me a plot bunny...but I would have to post it over at SWFF. [face_laugh]

Nyota's Heart and ginchy like this.
  25. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    That, and bottles and bottles of shampoo [face_rofl] [face_mischief] Woot!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.