main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Two Little Monsters (LMB - SJRS Oct/Nov 2014 challenge)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Briannakin , Oct 10, 2014.

1. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Title: Two Little Monsters
    Author: Briannakin
    Timeframe: 31 ABY
    Characters: Luke Skywalker, Mara Jade Skywalker, Ben Skywalker, Beru Skywalker
    Notes: Written for the October/November 2014 SJRS challenge. I REALLY wanted to do something scary for this, but all my ideas were really long, and with papers creeping up and TWO long-fics aching to be written, I went with short and FLUFFY! I used my So Not A Stay At Home Mom/Dancing Inside universe (basically LM had a daughter in 30 ABY).

Han Solo had insisted that Luke Skywalker take his children to the annual “Sweet and Scare” carnival on Corellia and right now, Luke wanted to kill Han. The carnival was basically an event for kids Ben’s age, where they were allowed to dress up as scary characters, play games and win candy.

“Ben, it’s time to go back to Uncle Han’s and Aunt Leia’s,” Luke gently pleaded with his son. Ben had insisted on dressing up as Darth Vader and eating all his candy as soon as he had won it. The kid was strung out on sugar.

“One more game, please Daddy, oh please!” Ben whined from inside his mask.

“No, Ben,” Mara said, approaching from behind her husband. She was holding their very tired 18-month-old daughter, Beru, who was dressed up as her Aunt Leia in a white dress and her blond hair in buns over her ears. Beru was fussing and on the verge of tears. “The carnival is almost over anyways and we have to get back and get you to bed.” Mara was wearing a one of Han’s vests, a white shirt, black pants and had her hair pulled back tightly so it looked like it was short. She was Han Solo.

“No!” Ben said, running off.

Mara sighed. “Luke, you’ve created a monster.”

“Why is it always my fault?” Luke whined. “Why don’t you go put her in the speeder?” he said, kissing Beru’s forehead. “It’s getting cold out here. I’ll go find Ben.”

Luke search amongst the kids dressed as Dathomirian witches, Force-Vampires (a particularly popular costume) and cthons.

“Hey! Sweet Jedi costume!” some dad, dressed as a X-Wing pilot said.

“Thanks!” Luke said with a laugh. If the guy only knew. “You wouldn’t have happened to see a Darth Vader did you?”

“One ran past me a minute ago. He was headed towards the scare castle.”

“Thanks,” Luke said as he started to run in that direction. Thankfully Luke managed to intercede Ben before he entered.

“Daaaad!” Ben whined as his father picked him up.

“Look, its time to go back.” The sky agreed with him as it started to rain.

“Fine,” Ben mumbled as his father put him down. They held hands as they made their way back to the speeder. Ben asked Luke all sorts of questions as they walked.

They made it back to the speeder and Luke could tell that Ben was still hyped up on sugar. He had indeed created a monster and he had no idea how to destroy it. He and Mara often did not give the kid much candy.

Mara had already put Beru in her speeder-seat and the baby was already fast asleep, snuggled in her blankets. Luke wondered how long it would last.

“Okay, Ben,” Luke whispered, strapping Ben into his car seat. “Beru is asleep, so please try not to wake her.”

“Okay, Daddy.”

They were just taking off when Ben started bouncing around.

“Ben,” Mara said, sternly, “You are going to wake your sister.”

“I can’t help it if I’m awake and she’s asleep,” Ben whined, throwing his hands in the air.

“Ben, please try to calm down. You know your sister doesn’t sleep well,” Luke said. If Beru woke, they’d have another monster to deal with.

Luke thought too late. Beru started to stir. Mara tried to hush her back to sleep from the passenger’s seat, but it was futile. Beru woke with a fury of 1000 released cthons.

“Well, now we’ve created two monsters,” Mara murmured.

It was a long speeder ride back to Han and Leia’s.

Luke carried the screaming Beru while Mara tried to usher a crazed Ben to the apartment. Luke let them in.

Han looked up from the table where he and Leia were playing a game. He grinned. “Well. Doesn’t someone look like her aunt?”

Leia rolled her eyes as she got up. “What’s the matter Ruru?” she cooed, taking Beru from Luke.

“Her brother,” Luke answered simply.

As if on cue, Ben came running in. “Uncle Han! That was the best thing ever! I had so much fun! I played games, ate candy and everyone really loved my costume!”

“Oh dear,” Leia said with a laugh. “Looks like you men have someone to tire out.”

“Come on Ben,” Han said. “Let’s brush your teeth, then go for a walk so that your mommy and aunt can make your bed on the couch.”

Luke walked with Had down the pathway as Ben raced around them in his pyjamas. When the kid finally conked out, he’d be ready to put right into bed.

“You’ve done this once or twice, haven’t you?” Luke asked Han.

Han smiled. “Yeah, it’s a bit of a Sweet and Scare carnival tradition. Jaina, actually would always be the one to go overboard, so often while Leia or Winter put the boys to bed, I’d walk with her till she just about collapse. Savour these times, Luke. They might be insane, but before you know it, Ben and Beru will be grown up.”

“Ah, cheer up, old man,” Luke said, patting Han on the back. “You’ll have grandchildren to do this with soon.”

Han shot Luke a glare that could kill.

Leia rocked Beru as Mara made Ben’s bed on the Solo’s couch. Leia sighed as Beru continued to wail. “I think someone just wants her mommy.”

Mara smiled as she took Beru from Leia. Beru was washed up, changed, and ready for bed in her purple pyjamas. “Okay, my dearest daughter. What is the matter? You are clean and I already fed you your bedtime snack.”

“Is she warm enough?” Leia asked. “I think it’s going to be a dark and stormy night.”

“Probably not,” Mara sighed. “She’s exactly like Luke: always cold.”

Leia got Mara a big, warm, fuzzy blanket and wrapped it around Beru. She seemed to like it as she eventually settled down and went to sleep.

Leia followed Mara into the guest room where the play-pen had been set up and smiled as Mara laid Beru down for the night.

“Enjoy these times, Mara,” Leia said with a sad smile. “Before you know it, your babies will be all grown up.”

“Not Beru,” Mara replied defensively. “She knows she has to stay my baby forever.”

“I said the same thing about Anakin.”

They then heard the door open and closed and the two women walked out to see a soaking wet Luke carrying a sleeping Ben. Han trailed behind them. Luke put Ben into his bed.

“Did your monster killing go as successfully as mine did?” Luke asked Mara as the watched the Solos sneak off.

“Yeah, but knowing her, she’ll be back from the dead before the sun comes up.”

“Well then,” Luke said, grabbing her. “Let’s have some fun of own before the sun comes up.”

2. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Love it! Such a unique take on the prompts!

3. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    A great and funny story with happy families

4. Gemma

Gemma Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2013
    I really liked this part. I loved the use of creating Sugar induced monsters and then 'destroying' them -- excellent idea.

5. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    Love the Halloween feel. I loved Halloween as a child, was Minnie Mouse for too many years to count because we had a Minnie Mouse costume dress. Haven't dressed up in years though now because I don't have a costume and haven't found one that I would want to be for several years in a row. And the weather is usually fairly cold by Halloween too.

Children on a sugar rush. They probably should have forced Han to deal with Ben.

6. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    So Luke is going to make out with Mara while she is dressed as Han Solo? Luke should have went to the Fest dressed in a metal bikini. That would make the evening interesting. Ha! For some reason I think I wrote a fic like that once...but I am not sure. If I did it was on my old crashed computer.

Nice story!

Gemma likes this.
  7. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    Awww, I love it!!!!! What a fun Halloween fic. [face_pumpkin] It was great to see little Beru again, and I feel Luke and Mara's pain. My little one, when hyped up on sugar, is definitely hard to handle. [face_laugh]

8. taramidala

taramidala Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 1999
    So cute!!

9. JediAuthor1.0

JediAuthor1.0 Jedi Padawan

Sep 1, 2014
    I liked this :) And I gotta say I loved their daughter's name: Beru. Very fitting. Also, I loved that she is always cold like her daddy LOL :)

Gemma likes this.
  10. jedi1952

jedi1952 Jedi Master star 1

Apr 15, 2007
    What a great little Halloween story. Totally realistic and in character. Just finding your stories...

11. Laura Fulton

Laura Fulton Jedi Knight

Jan 3, 2013
    I feel very sorry Mara tired her best to hush her daughter and Luke tired his best to tell Ben that was hype on sugar I am glad that Han and Leia took their kids Han help Ben to brush his teeth and Mara and Leia got the playpen set up and ready for Beru to sleep in. I love this story.[face_pumpkin]:greensaber::)