main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The New Rumor Intellectual Thread of Seriousness for Sophisticated Discourse

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Blazer-Smith, Dec 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Danfromumbrella

Danfromumbrella Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 20, 2014
    If you got it all straight ;)

Just messing but you honestly never know. JJ Abrams and his mystery boxes.

2. MakingStarWars

MakingStarWars Jedi Master star 4

Oct 20, 2008

Structurally they murder Han. The movie is down. The ending feels somber, than Luke shows up. That's what makes it a good ending. There's not a lot that cures the ills of Han's death besides that rather genius remedy, in my opinion.

3. Danfromumbrella

May 20, 2014
    What would cure the Han dying bit would be Luke showing up to save the day when the two are struggling.

I feel like it's kinda a bad ending because Luke is in seclusion the whole time doing absolutely nothing, his friend Han is killed...

Then Luke just chills waiting for his lightsaber? Idk...sounds kinda awful to me. like it's missing a key ingredient.

4. TK327

TK327 Force Ghost star 4

May 7, 2001
    So Rose's pub is on a different planet than the Evil Castle? Any idea which planet the X-Wings are on?

5. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I didn't know Han died in American Sniper. I just remember the fake baby...

6. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012
    Well I think we are all familiar enough with Fantasy to know the cardinal rule of No Body No Death. So unless Kylo went heartstriker...

7. MakingStarWars

Oct 20, 2008

Yeah, I think Abrams has a crazy rep because he puts people in tarps and hates drones. He codes his scripts. He's very pragmatic. The perception that Abrams takes such extreme steps oversteps the reality of it. You all knew Khan was in Star Trek into Darkness and I've consistently chiseled away at the truth from this film since it went into production.

8. nalkwan

nalkwan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 23, 2014

yup, it'd be kind of like yoda showing up at the end of AOTC and not fighting... just showing up... it'd be like ya okay... AANND?

9. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    "Misplaced my lightsaber, I did. How embarrassing, how embarrassing."

burg2774 and Jedi Older Code like this.
  10. Danfromumbrella

May 20, 2014
    I'm not completely doubting you. I know you've been proven to be right many times. I'm just having a hard time believing Abrams really thinks Luke waiting it out till the very end is supposed to be a good ending. Han dying and Luke just sitting there seems dumb to me. I talked to a friend of mine the other day about what he would think if luke was saved for the very end and he said...

" Fans have been waiting to see the big 3 for years, obviously we are excited for the new movies but a big sell was that the OG's got signed up again. So I can't lie i'd be kinda pissed"...

This will be a shared sentiment with a lot of people. Everyone knew Luke would have a smaller role but it's very hard to believe they thought one scene at the very end would be a smart move with fans.

11. AusDave79

AusDave79 Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 26, 2014

These last few weeks Making has been a bit of a headache I bet for well everyone. All I want to know is the movie sounding good so far to you with what you have so far. PS If you are right or wrong about Luke well if it's done right i'm ok with it now as thinking about it for a week has cooled me down. I just want a kick ass movie.:cool:

12. MakingStarWars

Oct 20, 2008

You're missing the significance of the meeting entirely. That movie wasn't the search for Yoda. I don't remember Search for Spock that well, but I bet when they found him, he didn't have to karate fight to make it work for that fandom.

13. Danfromumbrella

May 20, 2014
    Yeah, I'm honestly most wondering where it's ranking for you if this movie hits on all cylinders.

Edit: about your search comment.

It's more that.... the first time we see Luke it's at the very end of the movie. We waited years to see him again. His friend just died and he probably doesn't even acknowledge it. It's just depressing. You say it's an uplifting moment but it bums me out more than anything.

I think the whole ending would be more effective if you see Luke from his perspective at one point and he's speaking to Yoda. Yoda is saying..... you can't interfere. Luke goes... " My friends need help".....

and Luke finally decides to stay out. Then the ending would be better. Show the conflict of Luke.

14. nalkwan

Jul 23, 2014
    okay so it's like returning the stolen plans to the rebels, and waiting for them to attack the death star in the sequel.
    also spock was in like most of that movie... in some form. It was not a climatic ending, and in fact was quite depressing because they didn't even know if he was really back (mentally) until the next film.

let's just say i really really really really really hope you're wrong
    because that's a horrible way to end the movie

ChildOfWinds likes this.
  15. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    The heavens will open.

16. Nando

Nando Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 12, 2014
    I still think Luke will be in Act 3. He will fight with Kylo Ren or will scare you

17. ManaByte

ManaByte Chosen One star 5

Aug 20, 1998

People also forget that the whole Khan deception blew up in his face and he even had to admit it was a mistake to make his entire cast and crew lie about it.

18. Darth Tater

Darth Tater Jedi Youngling

Feb 24, 2015

Domnhall Gleeson and Leia may have one too.

nalkwan likes this.
  19. nalkwan

Jul 23, 2014

Yet we just had MSW say that he used codes on set... so...

20. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Chewy's roar will be a super weapon.

Darth Tater and nalkwan like this.
  21. MakingStarWars

Oct 20, 2008
    The thing is the movie isn't about our hero Luke. He's had his day. It's about our hero Rey. Han is the Obi-Wan of this film and Luke is the Yoda. Instead of waiting until the sequel to reveal "Yoda," they're ending it with the hero finding the new mentor that really holds the spiritual knowledge the hero needs to solve the problems of the universe.

Just remember, 4 years ago this was never happening at all. We didn't really what 30 years to see Luke again. We've really only waited like 2 years since it was implied. But you're getting a Han Solo movie and the promise of that Luke movie in two years. That's awesome. Blowing it for instant gratification would be a misstep.

22. nalkwan

Jul 23, 2014
    Lukes lightsaber...

a superweapon

23. ManaByte

ManaByte Chosen One star 5

Aug 20, 1998

Using codenames is A LOT different than saying "No, he's not playing Khan he's playing John Harrison."

It'd be like him saying "No, that's not Chewbacca. That's Chewie's twin brother you never heard of"

24. JediAce1

JediAce1 Force Ghost star 5

May 8, 2014
    Speak for yourself, I'm enjoying the latest rumors. I just need Rey and Kylo to be Solo kids and I'd be through the roof with excitement.

kaustin7 likes this.
  25. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    nightangel likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.