main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The New Rumor Intellectual Thread of Seriousness for Sophisticated Discourse

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Blazer-Smith, Dec 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    I doubt many fans will see it that way. It just underlines the point that Luke and Han are in the movie, but not together. So OT fans will probably be pi**ed and new audiences will just think "so what"? At this stage it doesn't seem to add any value whatsoever having Luke in as a coda.

2. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Zuckuss the Ruckuss Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2013

Any insight to the exiting conversations Rey has with the other characters? Or you won't have the context for that stuff until you see the script?

3. nalkwan

nalkwan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 23, 2014

admit it was a mistake to make his entire cast and crew lie about it.
    except he's doing the same thing. In this case, the cast and crew just aren't allowed to say anything
    but on set, clearely they had to lie about who is shoooting what, and where.

4. Nando

Nando Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 12, 2014
    99% percent of the Forum. Reproves this end of Luke. The voice of the Forum is the voice of God.

5. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Meh, no one can be happy.

6. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Apart of me feels like we should make an "Evolution of character rumors" thing. LIke show how many times these characters have changed according to rumors. Luke will be fun (bad ass jedi master-->evil cyborg--->recluse---->bad ass who disfigures Kylo---->Cameo). Rey's is fairly simple. First she's a solo, then skywalker, then orphan, then she somehow turns evil in the end, then back a Solo then she's a jedi padawan, then she's not, ect ect ect. I'm trying to remember the rumors for the other characters. Anybody got like some of the old crazy totally-wrong rumors regarding who the new cast were playing?

Darth Haggai and nightangel like this.
  7. Danfromumbrella

Danfromumbrella Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 20, 2014
    I distinctly remember people being happy when Luke was being tormented by spirits at the tomb. There was plenty of Luke ideas that sounded amazing.

This idea does not.

8. m4st4

m4st4 Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 24, 2014
    I have a good idea, let's talk about how bad that ending is in our minds for ten pages - again - and let's hold onto that last straw called J.J.'s mystery box filled with secreto endingos and wabbits.

Come on. Chill out. Take a double. [face_coffee] [face_coffee]

Let's put this thing into perspective. Let's accept all the lego pieces that are coming from MSW in coming weeks.

Let's, you know... enjoy the ride. Anaheim is coming soon. I'm sure everybody here will rave the footage like it's actual holy grail and not long lost Indiana Jones prop.

I'm with MakingStarWars, Luke ending is a good ending. We will most likely know his place in the Star Wars world post ROTJ (therefore younger Luke shared Force vision sequence, duh), we will already be content with whatever they give us within TFA's structure. Everything else will hopefully be cool enough for audiences to occupy their minds and make them realize that Rey, Finn and Poe are our new heroes. And after Han dies... bless his soul... and after we accept the fact... there comes Luke - BEM! John Williams.

I know for a fact I will watch this movie at least five times in cinema, I knew it way before these recent news and I know it now.

9. JediAce1

JediAce1 Force Ghost star 5

May 8, 2014
    Who's to say Luke even has transportation to get off the island he's on?

10. nalkwan

Jul 23, 2014

yup. in fact replace it with any other charcter... i don't care who it is - i don't care if it was young Mark Hamil ripped from time talking to his current older self - the idea of ending a star wars movie with a character taking a lightsaber is the dumbest thing i've ever heard.

even if it's true, and i like the rest of the film, i'll still be sitting there at the end saying, this is just stupid

11. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    It sounds silly.

12. SWITS

SWITS Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 7, 2015
    Kylo: You killed my father!
    Han: No (Kylo), I am your father!

13. Luukeskywalker

Luukeskywalker Force Ghost star 5

Jun 23, 1999
    That is why I feel this movie will mirror Revenge of the Sith and this trilogy will mirror the PT in an inverse structure. Why would they make the 3rd act of VII dark with kind of a somber ending with a cyborg doing a phantom of the opera type thing along with everything else we have heard and now hearing that Luke appearing at the end will offer viewers "a new hope" despite the darker/downer ending.

My prediction is that this trilogy will get lighter in tone and in outcome with each movie, whereas the prequels got darker in tone and in outcome with each movie.

14. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    If Han dies, it would actually make sense to focus on him to give a final salute and not detract from that with the presence of Luke.

15. Shadojoker

Shadojoker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 15, 2000
    So im going thru Makings' archived posts just to fill in the gaps and i noticed this scene of GC chrome stormtrooper bringing Rey to Kylo Ren right before Finn rescues her.

" The Chrome Stormtroopers bring Ridely’s character to their master. The master? Adam Driver’s character in his “Darth Revan” style mask. He addresses her by name and she replies:

"You’ll never be as powerful as Darth Vader!"

Wow..soo much to think. One, so is there another duel between Finn and GC's character or something because I didnt know she was going to be present at the castle. If so what happens to her(and who else is here)! This is a scene has enough potential I look forward to aside from the forest battle 2.0.

Credit: http://makingstarwars.net/2014/11/teaser-wait-star-wars-force-awakens-line-film/

16. catlover43

catlover43 Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 9, 2014
    Kylo:I hate you
    Han:I know

17. MakingStarWars

MakingStarWars Jedi Master star 4

Oct 20, 2008
    I am really shocked the internet is having the exact opposite reaction to the story as I am. But then again, I like all six Star Wars films and the internet apparently only likes two.

18. kaustin7

kaustin7 Jedi Knight

Jan 28, 2013

Yes, the torch should be passed to someone of the Skywalker lineage. Otherwise the Episode Saga ends with Episode VI Return of the Jedi and more or less the end of the Skywalker story.
    I personally don't like Luke passing the torch to a non-Skywalker to keep the Episode's going. It is Star Wars but doesn't belong in the Episode saga or lineage.
    Luke can pass the torch to as many as he want's but someone should have a connection to the Chosen One moving forward.
    Still holding out for Rey or Kylo or Domhall Gleeson's character to be tied to the Skywalker Clan.

nightangel likes this.
  19. Danfromumbrella

Danfromumbrella Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 20, 2014
    MakingStarWars

I want to take it positively like that but I can't The Luke we knew went off to save his friends. It's just depressing to know that he's saved for the very end and doesn't even acknowledge that his friend was killed. ( or so I believe )...

I fully acknowledge it's not Luke's story but they could have easily done more with his role. The OT was about Luke so, I feel like they should have honored that somewhat with the fan base. Instead of completely shoving him aside.

( sorry for the ongoing rants...I'm just bummed that I have to wait even longer for our supposed Luke movie when he will probably rarely be in it again)

ChildOfWinds and Luukeskywalker like this.
  20. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    It's interesting that you bring up Search for Spock.... Firstly, Spock died in the previous film... so there was direct plot and narrative connection between events in WOK and the premise of SFS. Secondly, the entire premise of the SFS was based around getting Spock back. Are you stating that the search for Luke is the prime plot/story of TFA as it doesn't sound like it at the mo. Thirdly, Spock was in more than the last scene. He showed up in the last reel, not the last scene. Last and not least... SFS was quite a weak and not well received film. Many thought Spock's absence didn't serve the film well. If you are comparing the movies, it doesn't bode well. Could be worse though, you could be comparing it to The Final Frontier. Hmmm...

nalkwan likes this.
  21. m4st4

m4st4 Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 24, 2014
    Because him taking the lightsaber is the purpose of movie? Not really.

It's the end of Rey's journey in TFA. It says lines and lines of dialogue without need to actually say them.

'Teach me. I am ready. I wanted this and I've found you. Teach me, master.'

Dumb and Dumber To is 'stupid'. By the time ST ends it'll be one of the iconic scenes of the saga, book it.

soul8luos likes this.
  22. Royale w/ Codeine

Royale w/ Codeine Jedi Master star 4

May 19, 2014
    With Rian Johnson coming in to direct, I can't see it getting much lighter.

23. MakingStarWars

MakingStarWars Jedi Master star 4

Oct 20, 2008

Yeah, that rumor has panned out. However, I don't see any evidence the Chrome Troopers are involved, just Stormtroopers.

24. nalkwan

Jul 23, 2014

i like all six. It usually takes me a lot to not like a movie - and it's usually blatant teases for sequels or un paid off plot devices

and this one, if true stinks

Luukeskywalker likes this.
  25. m4st4

m4st4 Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 24, 2014
    Which means she already knows about his aspirations... he was probably obsessed about Daddy Vader long before TFA, when she was just a little girl.

Shadojoker likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.