main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The New Rumor Intellectual Thread of Seriousness for Sophisticated Discourse

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Blazer-Smith, Dec 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012

It does seem Han is taking most of Poe's Screen Time. Poe only gets to hang out once with the team while Han is around depending on when Rey gets grabbed. He might never hang out with Finn, Rey and Han. At most he has like one maybe two scenes with Rey depending on if she gets grabbed at the Pub or not and where they move the meeting to.

starocean90 likes this.
  2. Wildcatbarry

Wildcatbarry Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2015
    This is how I think it'll play out
    Rey = Luke
    Finn = Han
    Poe = Leia

Edit: Kylo = Vader - only Kylo is brother instead of father.

starocean90 likes this.
  3. DarthLightlyBruise

DarthLightlyBruise Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 11, 2015
    According to the MSW rumors, that may be exactly what happens. But then Finn returns to the scene of the crash to look for Poe. Here goes:
    • CG Exterior Night Star Destroyer – In the darkness the TIE Fighter exits the Star Destroyer at great speed.
    • Interior Night Tie Fighter – They introduce themselves. Finn has a cunning idea.
    • Poe and Finn escape in a TIE Fighter - They don’t get very far. They crash because the TIE is hit by blasts from the Star Destroyer.
    • Poe is unconscious at the controls.
    • Finn has to get out.
    • It appears he ejects.
    • Finn observes the TIE disappear over the horizon of the desert planet’s dunes.
    • After a brief moment we see an explosion.
    • EXT Day, Near Wrecked TIE: Quicksand effect around Finn
    • EXT Day, Near Wrecked TIE: Finn passes out.
    • EXT Day, Near Wrecked TIE: Finn wakes.
    • EXT Day, Near Wrecked TIE: Finn searches for the TIE.
    • EXT Day, Near Wrecked TIE: He can’t get in.
    • EXT Day, Near Wrecked TIE: In sand pit, Finn puts on some of Poe’s clothes and walks alone.

4. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    I do hope in VIII-IX we get some good chunk of scenes with all 3 together, one of my personal fav in the 6 movies is the entire Death Star Sequence now that was a fun one and seeing the 3 together interacting and having an adventure should be a blast.[face_dancing]

Shadojoker, Luke02 and Knessa84 like this.
  5. Skaddix

Feb 3, 2012
    Yeah sounds good until we get to the last few lines that is what is not making sense. Did Poe bring a suitcase?

6. DarthLightlyBruise

Feb 11, 2015
    Legit rumors have them getting shot down, and the first teaser shows us Finn standing up in a desert (and in a panic), presumably after being shot down. Here's the full rumored plot synopsis:

http://boards.theforce.net/threads/current-film-rumors-absolutely-no-discussion.50028227/

7. DarthLightlyBruise

Feb 11, 2015
    It's possible Poe was wearing civilian garb. After all, he didn't come to Jakku on a military mission. He just came to pick up a lightsaber.

8. Skaddix

Feb 3, 2012

Well yes but presumably Poe is in the Cockpit so how is Finn unable to get into the Cockpit but also able to grab Poe's Clothes that is the disconnect for me.

9. Knessa84

Knessa84 Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 21, 2014
    I assume he wore his flight suit there then had civilian clothing for his time on land. Jakku is likely a long ways from Poe's base. So this was a "business trip" if you want to call it that. It's likely he had to stay overnight or a couple nights before taking the long trip back. That would be the realistic scenario, to the extent such think exists in the Star Wars universe!

DarthLightlyBruise likes this.
  10. DarthLightlyBruise

Feb 11, 2015
    There's a disconnect because there's no info for that in the rumors. The documents MSW has seen simply say that Finn can't get in, and that he takes Poe's clothes. What we're doing here is trying to figure out how, and why, this happens. And there are a lot of possibilities, as you can see!

11. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I was looking through all the pics from Celebration and noticed in one where Rey and Finn are being shot at by the TIE fighter they're running toward the ramp of the Millennium Falcon. I hadn't seen that before and I assume it's when they take it for a joy ride. It was a nice little surprise.

12. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    we have been discussing that one during the weekend on the Rey thread, so what's your speculation on the topic???:)

13. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002

That is something not only Star Wars movies have been missing lately, but adventure type films in general. Yes, dark brooding tones can be great (I am a huge fan of the Nolan Batman trilogy). But you also need to have story lines that remind you that being a hero (in fiction at least) is supposed to be fun. Getting hit with nothing but dark, depressing story lines can derail a movie/TV show. SHIELD right now is a great example of that.

14. Puke-Jaywalker

Puke-Jaywalker Jedi Grand Master star 2

Oct 18, 2004
    This is why Luke can't have a big role in VII.

He'll have a big role in VIII, instead.

Abrams has planned this out wonderfully. Han gets his sendoff in VII. Luke in VIII.

15. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I don't really have one. Just thought it was neat. :p

starocean90 and LANDO_ROCKS like this.
  16. DarthLightlyBruise

Feb 11, 2015
    You didn't ask me, but I'll bite. :) The Falcon's in a junk yard. Abandoned. That's why the door is open. Resourceful Rey hot-wires it, and gets it flying again!

starocean90 and CrazyOldJedi like this.
  17. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    That is a real good theory. ...I hope they don't use that. Han loved that thing like it was a part of his family. I'm fine with Han needing to give it up due to needing a lower profile as he searches for his daughter (or niece) but I cannot see him leaving it in a abandoned junkyard. Either it should be in storage or Han entrusted with someone (Lando) and regrettably was killed/lost it.

18. DarthLightlyBruise

Feb 11, 2015
    I think it somehow crapped the bed during the battle of Jakku, and he simply didn't have a choice but to abandon it.

CrazyOldJedi likes this.
  19. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    My guess is that Han lost the Falcon in a bet, it's happened before.

dekaneas and DarthLightlyBruise like this.
  20. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    DarthLightlyBruise

Then it was laying there for 29 years and could just start up again with a quick kick by Rey? Ehhhhhh some of the plot lines in this movie is thin...I mean real thin like Danny Glover's wife in Lethal Weapon cooking!

LANDO_ROCKS

I like that a lot better. Han goes on a bit of self destructive phase after the massacre at the Jedi Academy. His world has been rocked in every way. The New Republic crumbling, his marriage (assuming) is over, his son kidnapped/murdered along with his daughter (or niece) and his brother in law/best friend not named Chewie has come into exile. I totally see Solo spending a lot of drunken nights in shady places doing stupid stuff. Losing the Falcon is what snaps him out a bit and pushes him to look for Rey.

Shadojoker likes this.
  21. DarthLightlyBruise

Feb 11, 2015
    Nah, we just don't know enough. It's possible that it was stuck in sand for a few decades. Then some junker came along and fished it out. It sat in a heap for a while, and then finally, the junker got around to restoring it. He/she installs a new engine (looks like it has a new grill in the back, for example), and has it almost ready to fly again. Enter Rey.

And in the film, you really don't need to dwell on it. This would suffice:

Han: I thought we lost the old girl for good at the battle of Jakku. Left her for dead.
    Chewie: Raaawrararar
    Han: I said to leave her behind? Not a chance, fuzzball. You were the one who said the engine was shot.
    Chewie: Raaaarararawaararar

22. DarthLightlyBruise

Feb 11, 2015
    As good a guess as any. Probably better!

23. Lord Crevil

Lord Crevil Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 21, 2015
    [​IMG]

Anybody notice that's the same blaster model as Hans'?

dekaneas likes this.
  24. Lord Crevil

Lord Crevil Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 21, 2015
    [​IMG]

I guess the rumor of Finn picking up Anakin's saber is true.. but truthfully and hopefully he is just holding it for Rey because of probably her resistance to her lineage

CrazyOldJedi and dekaneas like this.
  25. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014

Does this mean Luke will cut into Finn's time in VIII, and Poe will be more center stage with Rey and Luke?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.