main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The New Rumor Intellectual Thread of Seriousness for Sophisticated Discourse

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Blazer-Smith, Dec 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. m4st4

m4st4 Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 24, 2014
    I want that so much man.

Han Drolo likes this.
  2. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Zuckuss the Ruckuss Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2013

My only hope for the Bespin saber is that it has been traveling aimlessly for decades since Luke lost it(thats actually mythical). The idea that Luke got it back and then sent it back out doesn't sit right with me at all.

I hope they are going with the former premise and building from there than the latter.

3. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    Did you like the teaser Skaddix?

Zuckuss - I think the idea that it falls to ground supports that idea.

That though might hint that the Seven vs the Clan is nothing to do with the Academy.

And I still can't quite work out how it leads to Luke now. But I'm sure they came up with a reason they were all satisfied with.

The force - both in em terms of fate/ will and the ability for force users to commune or see things across great distances and I to the past or future can really help a lot I think.

4. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012
    I liked both teasers. Very Happy with the Teasers.

But the They are teasers no plot hints but I think the graphics were good not an unnecessary CGI Fest.

5. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    was connotes a cgi fest? there looked to be lot of cgi.

6. Skaddix

Feb 3, 2012

Hehhe its different for everyone, I think its one of those u know it when u see it things.

Satipo likes this.
  7. Satipo

Mar 29, 2014
    Cool. I think the teaser indicated the basics from MSW are largely there or thereabouts, but the descriptions of the info they have is no indicator at all of tone or quality, both of which I felt were fantastic in the footage they have shown.

Darth Haggai likes this.
  8. Han Drolo

Han Drolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 9, 2014
    I think that's another part of being a Jedi they'll eventually wanna explore in the ST. Making your own saber,

The first time I witnessed this process on TCW, I found it amazing, I hope both Rey and Finn make new weapons in VIII.

sizziano and Satipo like this.
  9. Skaddix

Feb 3, 2012

Well it was nice to see some actual emotion from our actors. But Dialogue and Delivery matters a lot, along with plot, visually though no issues.

Yes it seems the basics line up but I am not a fan of the plot descriptions from MSW so you know I am hoping its better executed then it sounds or they did some reshoots and fixed a bit.

Satipo likes this.
  10. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Jan 5, 2013

My suspicion is that for a long while that both Han/Leia are trying to find their kids. Both with taking completely different approaches. For Han, he has been scoring the galaxy directly. For Leia, she has been trying to track down Luke. She sends Poe out in hopes of finding a clue. But what she finds is just an echo of the past(thats why it probably doesn't take much convincing to give it to Finn).

I think the code may be separate to the lightsaber.

Knessa84 , Han Drolo and Satipo like this.
  11. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    I agree the lightsaber plot is meant for it to be returned to Luke. But that´s not Luke´s saber, it´s Anakin´s. Luke has already his own saber (I think this is a logical asumption). Yes, Rey returns the saber to Luke but, as she seems to end to movie and begin her training with Luke, I think it is likely that she uses the saber for some time at least.

Finn having the saber and using it does not mean he is carrying it for Rey. I think Finn fans thinking that is somehow offensive is a bit too much. He is not carrying it for her, which does not exclude at the end the lightsaber is meant to be used by her. Which is what MSW has kept suggesting.

12. Skaddix

Feb 3, 2012

Really ur free to interpret that but I read the MSW as intentionally being undermining towards Finn. I mean sheesh the Pacifist Vomiter....I cant even.....

13. Satipo

Mar 29, 2014

Yeah, execution is everything (and yes, we need to get a feel for the chemistry with in the context of the dialogue I think). But so far I'm sold!

Lol, Skaddix, you really do get hung up on the vomit. JB's acting in that scene suggests to me that if he does vomit it'll be handled just fine, but one other thing I would say is this. The call sheet may indicate that he vomits from the script. But if they get there on the day to shoot it and it doesn't feel right/ is not working, I could easily see them not shooting it. MSW says they know what was filmed. I think there is little reason to doubt their info at this point but I would suggest that it's more the case they know what they intended to film. I don't think any changes on the day would be reflected in the info MSW has. Now most of the time that won't matter, as there is little dialogue or detail mentioned. But if you imagine ESB, the call sheet might have said something like:

Han and Leia tell each they love each other. Han is frozen.

Which obviously remained basically the same with a crucial change on the day.

14. Han Drolo

Aug 9, 2014
    Lol@ pacifistic vomiter.

15. Skaddix

Feb 3, 2012

Lol people can spin that anyway they want but even an Oscar Winning Acting Performance would be hard to press to sell me that as a positive in a Star Wars Movie.

16. Han Drolo

Aug 9, 2014
    I can believe the vomitting thing, especially since it seems Finn is having the worst of days.

17. Skaddix

Feb 3, 2012
    Meh Luke managed to keep it together despite seeing his Aunt and Uncle Roasted.

18. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Jan 5, 2013

Luke was in shock which was immediately cut to another scene. When we get back to Luke he has come to the end of his grieving. We just didn't see it on screen.

Jedi Merkurian and Satipo like this.
  19. DarthCatbeard

DarthCatbeard Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 31, 2014

It was a CGI fest, as are most films nowdays. We all liked the visuals because unlike the PT and the unbearably poor OT special edition changes it was good CGI that looks real. This film could be 100% CGI and people would like it because we've reached a stage where at 1080p it's impossible to tell the difference with high budget films. The PT should have used mostly practical effects becuase CGI wasn't there at the start of the millennium but it really doesn't matter what they use with the new films

Darth Haggai likes this.
  20. Han Drolo

Aug 9, 2014
    Seems like Finn goes from freaking out about the village and his bro right into freaking out about he and Poe's escape until he meets Rey. then they freak out about being hunted down by The Order.

Darth Haggai and CrazyOldJedi like this.
  21. m4st4

m4st4 Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 24, 2014
    You're taking it too personally since the beginning.

Satipo and Darth_Bertie like this.
  22. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
  23. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000

It's just not Finn's day is it? The good thing though is that Boyega can do emotion, what little we have seen of him in the teasers convinces me we will believe in him whatever his role is ;)

Satipo and Han Drolo like this.
  24. Skaddix

Feb 3, 2012

AND THAT IS GOOD OFF SCREEN WHERE IT BELONGS.

ChildOfWinds likes this.
  25. Skaddix

Feb 3, 2012

its not a positive. I can see the jokes now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.