main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FanFic Ask Me Anything ~*~ Version 3.0 Daily Questions (See list on pg 164 or 1)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by mavjade , Mar 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Goodwood

Goodwood Jedi Master star 5

May 11, 2011
    (6/19/15) 6. If you were able to live to the age of 90 and retain either the mind or body of a 30-year
    old for the last 60 years of your life, which would you choose?

Well, that would mean I would be living to 95, since I'm five years past thirty anyway. In any case, this question is a no-brainer, and I shall demonstrate that fact with a quote:

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most." —Ozzy Osbourne

Raissa Baiard and jcgoble3 like this.
  2. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    This is kinda hard for me. The two family members that I've had live past 90 both retained 'normal' mental facilities for the vast majority of their old ages. My great-grandmother lived till she was 91 and only started showing signs of dementia the last 18 months of her life. My great-grandfather was 2 months away from his 99th birthday when he died and he lived on his own, fully functioning mentally and physically, up until 3 weeks before his death (his decent was apparently scarily, but relievingly, quick). And aging, physically, with my disability AND diabetes, is just, frightening (I actually don't want to live till I'm 90 unless some megga advances are made in medicine). But if I find someone to spent the rest of my life with, watching them age while I remain the same would be hard.

I'd like to think I'm not a vain person, but I'd go with retaining my body. I'd take my chances with my genetics with retaining my mind. Living till I'm 90 with a body that's probably going to die (again, assuming no large leaps in medicine and Diabetes) when I'm 60, maybe 70, would just be horrible.

3. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    (6/19/15) 6. If you were able to live to the age of 90 and retain either the mind or body of a 30-year old for the last 60 years of your life, which would you choose?

Mind. While I may not be able to run a marathon or anything, at least I'll still be sharp and acing trivia contests.

4. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    (6/19/15) 6. If you were able to live to the age of 90 and retain either the mind or body of a 30-year old for the last 60 years of your life, which would you choose?
    I don't know. Like Bri, a lot of my family have lived really long lives and had their minds intact, they weren't the healthiest, but their minds were good. My paternal grandmother lived to almost 99.

But at the same time, I've seen some horrific diseases where people still had their mind, but nothing else, completely locked into their bodies and no way to communicate, and that is scary as hell. So I think I might have to take my risk with good family history mentality and take the body of a 30 year old.

5. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    (6/20/15) 7. Do you have a secret hunch about how you will die?

Something where I'll linger on life support for a while before finally going kaput.

6. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Hmmmm. No. But I honestly don't think it will be from compilations from my diabetes (which what offed my father at a very young age). If I had to guess, probably either car accident (I am a terrible driver! I don't know how I passed my test). Or cancer. Probably cancer since 3 of my grandparents have had it (one of my grandmothers has had 3 different types) and it offed one grandparent thus far.

7. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
  8. Kahara

Kahara Chosen One star 4

Mar 3, 2001
    Not a clue one way or another.

9. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    (6/21/15) 8. For what in your life do you feel most grateful?
    If this is not a god thing since I don't believe in god...definitely that one of my parents is still alive, that people, animals and trees I love are alive and that I'm somewhat healthy and somewhat well-to-do compared to what it used to be like. And yeah, my talents.

10. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    My talents, I guess. I don't really know.

11. Goodwood

May 11, 2011

The support of friends and family over the years that have enabled me to become the man I am today, without which I would most likely be in a pretty bad place.

Trite, I know, but there you have it.

12. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004

My sons.

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  13. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001

My mother not telling me until I was 13 that I wasn't able to play musical instruments, ride a bike or play sports. Why am I grateful for this? Because before she told me that I had a neurological problem that would prevent me from doing those things, I learned two instruments, excelled in volleyball and spent many summers riding my bike everywhere. It taught me that no one but me can set my limits. I lettered in softball a few years later and now play six instruments.

jcgoble3 likes this.
  14. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    (6/22/15) 9. If you could wake up tomorrow having gained one quality or ability, what would it be?
    The ability to focus and remain focused.

15. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    (6/22/15) 9. If you could wake up tomorrow having gained one quality or ability, what would it be?

Less depression.

16. Goodwood

May 11, 2011

The ability to fly.

Derp. ;)

17. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
    I know this late but I'd like to get in on these.

If you were able to live to the age of 90 and retain either the mind or body of a 30-year old for the last 60 years of your life, which would you choose?

This is hard for me too, My maternal Grandmother has dementia and lives simply looking out the window. She doesn't know anyone anymore and seems to be living in fear which breaks my heart to see. My paternal Grandfather has Parkinson's and is still as smart as a tack. He seems to suffer worse than my Grandmother because he understands exactly what has happened to him. I don't think I'd want to achieve either state.

Do you have a secret hunch about how you will die?

No, but I hope it isn't anytime soon

For what in your life do you feel most grateful?

My daughter

If you could wake up tomorrow having gained one quality or ability, what would it be?

Sate my anger

Ewok Poet likes this.
  18. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    Here is just a repost of the questions going forward so they are easier to find:

(6/23/15) 10. If a crystal ball could tell you the truth about yourself, your life, the future or anything else, what would you want to know?

(6/24/15) 11. Is there something that you've dreamt of doing for a long time? Why haven't you done it?

(6/25/15) 12. What is the greatest accomplishment of your life?

(6/26/15) 13. What do you value most in a friendship?

(6/27/15) 14. What is your most treasured memory?

(6/28/15) 15. If you knew that in one year you would die suddenly, would you change anything about the way you are now living? Why?

(6/29/15) 16. What does friendship mean to you?

(6/30/15) 17. What roles do love and affection play in your life?

(7/1/15) 18. When did you last cry in front of another person? By yourself?

(7/2/15) 19. What, if anything, is too serious to be joked about?

(7/3/15) 20. Your house, containing everything you own, catches fire. After saving your loved ones and pets, you have time to safely make a final dash to save any one item. What would it be? Why?

(7/4/15) 21. Would you be willing to have horrible nightmares for a year if you would be rewarded with extraordinary wealth?

19. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    Double post because I don't want to put my answers into an 'official' post. ;)

Hmm... there is quite a bit, but probably one that's served me the most is that my parents paid for my college and I'm not saddled with student loan debt (yet).

The ability to be more confident in myself and the abilities I already have but feel are less than they probably are.

20. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004

I vote for the Jedi Mind Trick. Maybe I can get my annoying relatives to stop being idiots. (Waves hand) "You don't want to drink that bottle of vodka. You want to go home and rethink your life decisions and stop being a moron."

jcgoble3 and Goodwood like this.
  21. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    6-21-15: My baptism, Peter and Chris, my brothers of heart, and ability to write.

6-22-15: To diffuse any tension I witness. I HATE conflict.

22. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Yoicks, how I've fallen behind! Hope no one minds if I quickly catch up (and don't worry, I'm only going to give a short answer to each of these):

Here too I'm going to have to agree with those who have said out-of-town friends, etc.—also old teachers and professors. If I'm going to have a dinner with someone, I'd prefer it be someone who has a chance of actually wanting to have dinner with me!

It's not a priority for me, but I wouldn't say no to just a little well-knownness among other people in my own field (music scholarship and publishing). It would be cool also to be famous-ish among SW fanfic writers, though I know in some notorious "badfic" cases that's backfired!

Not for most things, but if it's something to do with business or money or real estate or something serious and boring like that, I might jot down a bullet point or two.

It varies, but generally any day where I can achieve a good balance of work, family time, and my own projects. That's harder to do than it seems, and it's often the last of those three that suffers.

I sing to myself a good bit—it often happens in the car on the way to or from work—but the last time was while cooking dinner tonight. After dinner Findsboy and I sang together.

Definitely the mind of a 30-year-old, because mental capability is generally more important to me than looks. There are lots of 90+ people who manage to look perfectly fine anyway—the young don't have a monopoly on beauty.

No, 'fraid not. I kind of prefer not to speculate on that sort of thing, because whatever I guess will probably end up being wrong.

It's various things at various times, but currently one big thing is that I have a job that both (a) allows me to use my training to its fullest and (b) is pretty easy to balance with my private life.

More patience, with myself, with others, and with the world.

Ewok Poet likes this.
  23. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    To be slower to let people get on my nerves. And to let things go. Today I almost filled up my car with diesel instead of gas (I've filled up my car like once before - I usually get other people to do it and these pumps were not well marked) and I keep thinking, what if I hadn't realized my very dumb mistake?
    rI kinda don't get this question, but let's just go with my life. I say I don't want spoilers about my life, but I'd like to know what I'm going to be doing after I finish my undergrad degree. Should I apply for jobs or should I apply for grad-school? What sort or job or master's program?
    I'd love to see more of the world, but money and needing someone to go with kinda puts a big hole in any travel plans.

24. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    6/23/15: The next big lottery numbers, duh. ;)

6/24/15: Same answer as Briannakin; I want to see much much more of the world.

25. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Well, the Findshusband has had people with Parkinson's in his family, and whether he will end up getting it himself is something I've wondered about (and feared) for a long time. So maybe that.

I'd love to go back on another research trip or two to Germany. My reason for not having done so yet is a very good one: Findsboy.

Ewok Poet likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.