main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Mark Hamill (Luke Skywalker) in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Fly Guy, Nov 18, 2013.

?

How good will Mark Hamill's performance in episode 7 be?

1. He's going to be great

950 vote(s)
    85.0%
  2. He'll do OK

145 vote(s)
    13.0%
  3. He's going to stink it up

23 vote(s)
    2.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    I also said you could have other options that also work. Your preferred version does not seem to be happening. I'm suggesting reasons they might be constructing the story in such a way and how it could work. I know it's wasting my proverbial breath. I think this drama over Like is going to seem ridiculous in hindsight and most people will be very happy with his role across the trilogy. I don't think anything anyone can say will sway anyone who isn't open to at least the possibility of such an idea.

Artoo-Dion , Dra--- and TK327 like this.
  2. RC-2473

RC-2473 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 14, 2015
    I think people are misinterpreting how it'll all play out on screen.

I get some of the concern over her doing too much compared to Finn (at least in the 2nd and maybe 3rd act) but we don't have enough details, don't really know how any of the blaster battles play out, and tbh I've not seen anything suggesting superpowers or anything like people make it out to be (apparently Finn says her flying is terrible, she only survives Kylo 'cause Finn and Chewbacca, Han is basically the 'leader' in the 2nd act, Finn and Poe have just as many actions scenes, etc.) it's gonna be balanced, including with Luke.

3. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    The best example of a hero showing up at the end is found in serials. Serialization is exactly what STAR WARS is based off of. It is fundamental to the serial story telling genre to have Luke missing (a mystery), while the new characters are developed to be in place when it is time for Luke to be present.

It's basic and elementary.

4. RC-2473

Mar 14, 2015

yeah.

that's the very basic term I for some reason couldn't think of earlier hence absurdly long posts trying to explain it lol.

Immortiss and Satipo like this.
  5. DV75

DV75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2001
    Yeah, ok.

But this is Luke Skywalker we are talking about here. Not just any SW character.

starocean90, T-R- and nightangel like this.
  6. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    Yes, and your point is?

7. RC-2473

Mar 14, 2015

that's why he gets the 2deep epic ending reveal. a spot traditionally reserved for characters like Luke.

8. Satipo

Mar 29, 2014
    Luke showing up at the end is clearly designed to be catharsis and one of the high points of the movie (if not THE high point) so that people leave the theater buzzing about seeing Luke and jazzed to come back for episode 8 and see how he trains the (hopefully) awesome new lead they've just fallen in love with over the previous 120 minutes.

9. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    Yes. He's special. Important. Like Boo Radley.:)

[​IMG]

10. Varinnia

Varinnia Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 15, 2014
    That stupidity [face_hypnotized]

Can we go back to talking about Luke?

11. Bobby Roberts

Bobby Roberts Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 24, 2014
    We been doing that. Thousand pages worth! Hell, of the 8 posts on this page, 6 of them are about Luke!

Feel free to hop in!

Satipo likes this.
  12. Solo-Skywalker

Solo-Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2014
    while I agree with you in principle I believe the turning point happened a lot earlier in "ANH" the death of his guardians Aunt Beru and Uncle Owen. IMHO.

T-R- likes this.
  13. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    making fun of other posters is....now allowed? [face_dunno]

but yes back to Luke discussion.

14. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    Yeah Bobby mocking others really isn't as cool as you seem to think it is.

15. Varinnia

Jul 15, 2014
    Miserable.....who wrote that Luke has a cameo. I hope to see more.

16. Satipo

Mar 29, 2014
    Neither is the "Free Star" martyrdom. The guy's been banned for ****stirring and derailing threads. Let's not let him do it when he's not even here.

17. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    I'm not even talking about that.

starocean90 and T-R- like this.
  18. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    OK, a couple of reminders... play nice, and discuss the topic (not other posters).

19. DarthLightlyBruise

DarthLightlyBruise Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 11, 2015
    We don't know why Luke needs to be found. That's something that hasn't been revealed yet, so nobody is going to be able to answer that question until more info comes in. Probably, though, because he's the most powerful Jedi in the galaxy. The better question is: do you seriously believe that the filmmakers will not give us a legitimate reason for why Luke must be found?

20. nightangel

Oct 31, 2014
    Satipo you may forget that he is the one who finds most news/links before anyone else and shares them with all of us. Why is he doing it? He shares the same enthusiasm for Star Wars, but like me and some others here, he has a different opinion on some things. This may lead to discussions and disagreement. That's all. But back to topic.[face_dunno]

21. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    I think being so wrapped up in Luke's power status is a mistake. It may have nothing to do with why he retreated or is being sought.

22. Satipo

Mar 29, 2014

I'll give him props on the links for sure. There is no one better.

ChildOfWinds, EHT and nightangel like this.
  23. nightangel

Oct 31, 2014
    I wonder if we find out the whole story why Luke is missing at all. When he has no dialogue in TFA, we may hear his story only in VIII? [face_dunno]

Solo-Skywalker likes this.
  24. Varinnia

Jul 15, 2014
    We continue with the tablets of the law of MSW o_O

If Han is the same. Why does Luke have to be crazy, lost, on vacation? [face_laugh]

25. DarthLightlyBruise

DarthLightlyBruise Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 11, 2015
    Huh? By most accounts, Rey and Finn together are beat by Kylo Ren. It is only the collapsing hill, and Chewie arriving on the Falcon, that saves them. No. I think it will be clear, at the end of TFA, that Rey is NOT a super Jedi, and that she will need to train with Jedi Master Luke in order to move ahead. All the rumors seem to be pointing in this direction.

Agreed. starocean90 is the fastest new Star Wars story linker in the galaxy. And it's clear that he's an enthusiastic fan. I think all Satipo and others are doing is suggesting that there are ways of imagining these scenes playing out that doesn't have to be horrible. They may end up horrible, don't get me wrong. I have yet to be impressed with Abrams' output. But it's important to let your imagination entertain the positive, as well as the negative, possibilities inherent in these likely scenarios.

burg2774 and Pro Scoundrel like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.