main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Aayla Secura

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by DarthTalonx, Jul 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthTalonx

DarthTalonx Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2014
    Yes, I think Aayla could have featured on Ryloth or Zygeria. I also felt for the Twileks. We did see Twilek dancers on Nal Hutta as well. I think there was a comic where she went undercover investigating slavery, so something similar could have worked here. Aayla did feature in AOTC, surviving Geonosis, and seemed a prominent Jedi seen in both Council/war room discussions and in the Order 66 scene where we feel the betrayal. As for TCW, Aayla's appearance in the Jedi Crash arc, and the Zillo beast were really good. I felt like we could have seen this character more in depth. It would have been truly awesome to see more leads like her, Shaak Ti, Adia Gallia explored more often and shown to be in prominent roles (which they were in any case). The Jedi Order is an order of many Jedi after all!

Would also be interesting to see Aayla interact with ordinary citizens or lead more battles. For example, we saw Anakin and Obi Wan being engaged by people in the nightclub on Coruscant, and at bars in Labrynth of Evil. Someone even hits on Anakin in that book. A conversation/flirtation between Jedi and citizens is always funny to see. It would be funny to see Adia Gallia or Aayla Secura demonstrate this. In particular their notions or experience of romance or attachment in comparison to Anakin, given that they are of a similar age. I liked her cheekiness - the "only the good ones" line.

I agree also that Aayla Secura was a powerful liberated woman who was confident, athletic, cheeky and energetic. She was strong in the Force and a super fighter as demonstrated in TCW. Would be cool to see her undercover. From her personality, persona and interactions, she was clearly a beautiful person on the inside as well as outside. It was nice to see variety in the Jedi Order. Aayla was a really fun Jedi.

And Aayla Secura was of Anakin's generation, providing us with another perspective on the young Jedi in the order, and their outlook/behavior compared to the Old Guard. It would have been super to see her and other young Jedi explored more and their views on the war, the Jedi, attachment and friendship/romance.

She was awesome in the Zillo Beast arc in TCW. Also Aayla seemed to be an athletic and flowing fighter with one or two lightsabers! I quite like the TCW/Republic Heroes CGI Aayla. It fits the film Aayla well.

It's cool to see a female lead, wish we saw her more! Plus, Aayla is clearly a prominent/talented member of the Jedi - she is present in Council meetings in ROTS, shown in the Order 66 scene and we feel the betrayal, and she is a survivor of Geonosis. Would have been cool to see her lead more on the battlefront, or in space where she is the General in charge. Liked her cheekiness as well. It's nice to see another young Jedi Knight - one of Anakin's generation. It gives us a perspective on the Jedi order as a whole and shows us variety.

I think Aayla's fighting style, demonstrated in TCW is also awesome! Also compared to other Twileks, it's an interesting comparison - would have been nice to see more interaction, either on Ryloth or with those who serve the Hutts (e.g. Nal Hutta Twileks or Zygeria). Could we ever see Aayla working alongside a Jedi like Shaak Ti - it would be nice to see a match between energy and reflectiveness working against the enemy.

Would have actually been very cool to see Aayla having a Satine or Lux equivalent. Even to see Jedi flirt is always funny whether it be Anakin and Padme, or the Zygerian Queen, or with ordinary citizens.

Aayla Secura was a powerful Jedi, but also a confident, liberated woman. She was beautiful inside (as demonstrated by her compassion and kindness) and on the outside.

2. Vorax

Vorax Force Ghost star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Secura has a bit part in Twilight of the Republic.

DarthTalonx likes this.
  3. DarthTalonx

Nov 12, 2014
    Really? What's that about?

It's always cool to see Aayla Secura, she adds a graceful, energetic and cheeky feel, being a young talented Jedi.

Is there a screenshot, and what's Aayla's role?

4. Vorax

Vorax Force Ghost star 5

Jun 10, 2014
  5. DarthTalonx

Nov 12, 2014
    Ahh. It would be cool to see more young Jedi like her of that generation.

Is this a video game? I noticed someone posting screenshots of numerous Old Jedi Order Jedi in a lightsaber battle, including the CGI TCW Aayla Secura?

6. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014

I think you're referring to a different game. There's a Wii game focusing on lightsaber battles.

DarthTalonx likes this.
  7. DarthTalonx

Nov 12, 2014

Ahh that's cool! Nice find, that's good knowledge =)

Yes, I didn't know about that. I know Aayla Secura (amongst other TCW heroes) features in Republic Heroes, has a slightly altered appearance in the old BF. She is extremely athletic and awesome in Republic Heroes.

What is this Wii game? It actually seems quite fun, the CGI is very good, Aayla looks beautiful and her moves quite flowing! It would be better if it was less arcady and a larger environment like in the actual show. Love the news caster voice over and the sound effects though. It adds a sense of energy to it. Aayla is a super character. Is there any more Aayla Secura out there?

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  8. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    It's called Clone Wars: Lightsaber Duels. Again, it's a Wii U exclusive, so I can imagine it's not that popular.

This is how Aayla looks in Disney Infinity. She's an NPC (nonplayable character), but she still has an important role in guiding your character on the Coruscant missions. Also, you earn her as a "toy" for yourself that you get to place in your own toyboxes.

[​IMG] [​IMG] (you can see her in the background of this Temple scene)

9. DarthTalonx

Nov 12, 2014
    Ah good shout.

You do have a point. I wonder whether Aayla could appear in post Clone Wars?

So Aayla's in Disney Infinity. She's a cool Jedi, nice that she's there. The Wii graphics aren't bad tbh. Aayla looks very much like her CGI self in TCW. Is she in any other games or series?

10. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

I only know about the Infinity game, as well as the Wii lightsabers game I posted about earlier. It's probably wishful thinking at this point for her to appear in anything beyond TCW, considering she was unfortunately gunned down on Felucia during Order 66, right? There may be room for only one Twi'lek in Rebels, of course.

DarthTalonx likes this.
  11. DarthTalonx

Nov 12, 2014
    Yeah she's in those. I think Aayla Secura is also in BF2 and Republic Heroes (based on TCW). She was a really great character in the latter, certainly one of the best Jedi to play as. Some of the screenshots are below.

It would be cool to see more of her from the Clone Wars. There seem to have been some stories - it would have been awesome to see those in TCW or maybe a new show?

As for Rebels, it would be really interesting if they introduced Aayla in that! I like Hera, but I think there is room for more Twileks or to show Ryloth, etc. We saw more Twileks in TCW after all. And even in a story posted below, there were other Twilek Jedi.

The Wii Aayla and Republic Heroes are based on TCW I think. Tbh that was one of the best Aayla's we've seen on screen. Movie Aayla still played a reasonable part - she was a survivor on Geonosis (and also shown in the Temple during AOTC). She also features as a prominent Jedi in the Council meetings in ROTS as well as the Order 66 scene. It would be nice to see more of this Jedi.

Not to mention, it is really good to see more female leads like Aayla - fun, cheeky, strong and confident women. She is beautiful yes, but also had a beautiful personality. It is also really good to see another young Jedi of Anakin's generation. This gives us a perspective on the Jedi Order as a whole, and a viewpoint of the youth and the next generation to follow the Old Guard.

Aayla is also a main character in the game Republic Heroes - either you can play the particular chapter which focuses on her and Luminara leading troopers on Alzoc, or you can play as her in all missions if you so choose. She's got quite a flexible and athletic fighting style utilizing her agility and lightsaber. Paired with Ahsoka, she's very effective at beating the battledroids and obstacles! Screenshot and her character shot below.

One other thing, just like we partly see a Jedi relationship in Rebels, it would be interesting to see something similar to what we saw with Satine and Obi Wan. Especially with regards to how other Jedi (e.g. Aayla) act in comparison (either similar or not) to Anakin and Padme.

She also is a popular and lovely character. Would be great to see more of her! What do you think?

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

12. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    DarthTalonx: I'm with you regarding more female leads. It would be cool if someone came out with a comic from the Clone Wars era that featured the girls/women on various adventures. Ahsoka, Bariss, and Aayla; maybe even Ventress (pre Dark-Disciple of course).

DarthTalonx likes this.
  13. DarthTalonx

Nov 12, 2014
    Absolutely concur! I think it's great to see fantastic female leads like these. It is also good in that they are all different and have their own attributes, personalities, etc.

I think it's always good to have lots of Jedi in such stories (given that this is the age of the Jedi). Especially leading troopers and fulfilling their roles as Generals. It would be nice, to give each of these characters like Ahsoka, Adia Gallia, Aayla Secura, Bol Chatak, Serra Keto, Stass Allie, Shaak Ti.. time to develop by them featuring more:
    1. In general as part of the episode story
    2. As leading roles in certain episodes
    3. Often, in order to show us development and have a rapport with them

I like the idea of seeing more of different age generations of Jedi as well. It's a bit like seeing Yoda > Mace and Obi Wan > Vos > Anakin > younglings. So seeing the female equivalents in these generations would be nice. And more of them (rather than just one) so that we see how each Jedi serves the Force in their own way and demonstrates the variety of the Jedi order as well as the galaxy at large.

A nice thing about some female characters we have seen, is that it shows us different cultures/species in the Galaxy.

It would be cool if they had more comics on these characters in major stories or battles. I wouldn't mind a Obi Wan/Satine style relationship also for some characters as it would show us how different Jedi react to relationships, romance, attachment or humor. Even showing us how a Jedi Knight reacts to a citizen flirting with them would be interesting. For instance when on assignment, undercover or just in general?

Tbh, they could have utilized Shaak Ti, Adia Gallia, Aayla, Ashoka not only as Generals, but also in undercover missions - especially with regards to the CIS, hunting the Sith Lord, or against galactic slavery.

Posted some of the art above which highlights some of the great females in Star Wars, the Clone Wars era. Some of the designs are actually really good I must say. Fantastic females! Would be awesome to see more Aayla, she's such a super character! Is there no chance we can see more of athletic, acrobatic and amazing Aayla Secura on the movie, videogame or tv screen?

14. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Well as you talk about the different cultures/species, it's interesting just to consider how far we've come to understanding Aayla's species in it of itself. For over a decade and a half, all we ever knew about Twi-leks were based on the ill-fated dancer in Jabba's Palace in ROTJ (for the layman who never read the EU novels). Then we got to see a little of Aayla in action in the PT movies and TCW (along with the Ryloth episodes); and of course it's culminating now with Hera.

DarthTalonx likes this.
  15. DarthTalonx

Nov 12, 2014
    Yes that's true. It was good to see Ryloth as well. Like any species, it's nice to see the variety. We see how Twileks are graceful, elegant and exotic. Dancing appears to be part of their culture as seen in TCW.

As for them being desirable as mates or dancer girls, that too is expanded on. It was nice to see a beautiful character like Aayla who is also a strong and compassionate woman. She is also a Jedi, and a damn good one at that. She is exotic, cheeky and serene. It's lovely to see her display her Twilek-ness, but also her athletic ability and mastery of the Force.

What might have been interesting would be to see Aayla Secura interact with other characters similar to Obi Wan and Satine, or maybe a Lux/Ahsoka (Heroes on Both Sides). Or even flirting with other citizens - e.g. Anakin and the Zygerrian Queen or Padme. It would have been very interesting to see Aayla undercover as a dancer girl or slave to take down a criminal group. Indeed the Zygerrian arc would have been an ideal way to explore this, given that she is a Twilek.

It's really cool to see more of their species, more females and more variety in the Jedi Order. Wish we could see more of her. She is also another young Jedi, and provides a perspective of that age group. Indeed we see Hera in action as well, which is nice to see in that period of time. Would be cool to see a Jedi like Aayla inspiring other Twileks or a display of her being remembered fondly by citizens she encountered as was mentioned somewhere on the Star Wars website.

Also it's cool to see Aayla demonstrate her culture and herself in her attire. Her outfitting and gracefulness are part of her being a Twilek as well as a Jedi.

We saw a brief moment in AOTC where people were eyeing Anakin, I wonder whether we could see any humorous flirtatious interaction between young Jedi such as Aayla Secura and others, either undercover on assignment or in general?

16. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    We could "see" a flirtation if you write a fanfic and post it. Otherwise, no - TCW is over, kaput, dead. We aren't going to see young, cheeky, strong women undercover or being oogled or otherwise interacting with the opposite sex, no matter how many posts are posted on the subject. Sorry....

17. DarthTalonx

Nov 12, 2014
    Indeed. Or maybe another television series? TCW had developed a lot in terms of graphics and detail by its later seasons. It would be great to have more stories with such CGI. Or even standalone films/anthology additions?

I mean Aayla Secura would be a great character to look at. Even Ventress or Ahsoka in the interim years between Episodes 3 and 4.

It's interesting though in the PT era in terms of seeing young Jedi so that we see a perspective on the young in Anakin's generation. Showing us the variety in this noble Order is always cool. They all serve the Force in their own way and the whole is the sum of all these individual elegant parts.

That was just one idea, in terms of seeing other young characters, including Jedi, interact with others (whether the others be other Jedi or other citizens). This way we get a perspective on how Jedi deal with day to day life or when on assignment. How they deal with people and their emotions. And how this compares with other young Jedi like Anakin.

We saw an interesting take on this with Obi Wan and Satine. Even to a certain extent with Lux/Ahsoka, Zygerrian Queen, Padme and nightclub girls with Anakin. Even when Shaak Ti did that massive leap in an episode, the ooooh from the crowd. And even the banter between Yularen and Anakin, Riyo Chuchi and Ahsoka or Dex and Obi Wan. It's nice to see variety and different interactions. Even showing us how different Jedi and Clone Commanders relate is cool. Not everyone is the same right?

And in terms of a young female Jedi from that era, it's nice to see, as we get to see this in the golden age of the Order and during a war, and to compare to Jedi like Anakin. The whole point, which I think was mentioned by Ahsoka, is that different Jedi have different takes on doing things, whether that be the conduct of the war or the Force itself.

Even Windu and Yoda have a different way of doing things. In terms of whether Jedi characters are being eyed up, flirted with, or having banter with another person is fun to watch. The Jedi are not emotionless automatons after all. Even the Old Guard have their humor.

It is also nice to see different cultural interactions - the Jedi represent various species from the galaxy. There's a comic screenshot above of Aayla and another female Twilek Jedi Knight which highlights this.

in terms of any future for Aayla Secura, or indeed any future series on the Clone Wars era and Old Jedi Order, well we cannot be certain. Difficult to see. Always emotion is the future... It would be very good to see them explore this era more - it is after all an era of infinite potential and the famous Clone Wars! And it would be awesome to see Aayla Secura, who is a fun, cheeky, beautiful on the inside and out, character.

18. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

Well if you didn't know, Ventress' story beyond TCW was told in "Dark Disciple"

She doesn't make it beyond the Clone Wars

DarthTalonx likes this.
  19. DarthTalonx

Nov 12, 2014
    Ah didn't realize that one! Tbh wouldn't mind stories or another series from that era. I thought such female leads like Padme, Ahsoka, Aayla, Shaak, Adia and Riyo were really good. What would be great is if they revisited TCW and this time developed such characters as well by featuring them more often or given them a role in each story.

I am sure such a series from that era would be popular!

We saw this to an extent with Ahsoka in Season 2, with Padme in the last season, and a little with Aayla in the 1st season. But Shaak Ti, Adia Gallia and Aayla Secura could definitely have had more screentime and more time in a major role.

It's nice to see more Jedi and more female Jedi leads too! Adia provides a perspective on the Old Guard, Shaak on a reflective Jedi a little like Obi Wan, and Aayla a cheeky, young and energetic equivalent to compare to Anakin. And Ahsoka gave us an idea of an emerging youngling and it would be good to see more of her in Rebels.

Would be nice to see more of all of them right from TCW era?

20. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I wouldn't bank on another animated series featuring the female leads, but a comic meshing the popular females might pick up steam. Think "Gotham City Sirens", which feature Harley Quinn, Catwoman, and Poison Ivy.

[​IMG]

DarthTalonx likes this.
  21. DarthTalonx

Nov 12, 2014
    That's a interesting idea. Sirens sounds super!

A comic meshing together Jedi like Aayla et al would be grand. Still another series or continuation/extension of TCW featuring more of the female leads more often and as part of the story would be epic! We can only hope right?

I'm sure TCW or a series expanding on the females would be popular. And overall it would get more recognition for Star Wars, wouldn't it?

22. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I've always advocated that the franchise certainly doesn't have to revolve around the Skywalker/Vader saga. Something like what we've been talking about would certainly be welcome.

DarthTalonx likes this.
  23. DarthTalonx

Nov 12, 2014
    Yes. I think the television series certainly could expand on other characters (maybe anthology films too). It would be nice to see more of the galaxy at large, especially during the Clone Wars era. Not to mention actually seeing more of these noble warriors, the Jedi in the age of the Jedi...as Obi Wan once said "a more civilized age".

Something like Sirens you posted above would for sure be interesting. I really think they could utilize the infinite potential of that era if they extended the Clone Wars. Tbh two Star Wars shows on TV would be epic and only further to elevate the overall franchise.

It would be truly awesome to see more young female Jedi like Aayla Secura, Serra Keto, Ahsoka etc in this time period, both on assignment for the Order, commanding troopers or protecting worlds in battle, or else undercover. The idea of a female Twilek Jedi also has so many possibilities.

I think expanding the roles of these characters on the tv screen would be ideal (it's a way to bring the comics, etc alive much as say TDK did). Allowing them also to develop over time is brilliance. Showing us the variety and beauty of the Jedi Order as a whole (made of thousands of Jedi Knights) would be something special, don't you think?

24. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    For now it seems the writers are more interested in filling the gaps between the major movies with the TV Series (Rebels), Novels (Heir to the Empire), and comics (Kanan: The Last Padawan). Personally, I've been watching Rebels, read a couple of the new novels (A New Dawn and Dark Disciple), and got the first batch of Kanan comics. I would be far more eager to get my hands on a comic relating to the further adventures of the females on their own.

DarthTalonx likes this.
  25. DarthTalonx

Nov 12, 2014
    Yes I see your point. I think Rebels is really good. Will have to check out some of these novels. I do like the idea of bridging the gaps between the major movies. It would be cool to see more about the time just after ROTS. There's a novel - Rise of Darth Vader which includes female characters too.

It would be super to see more material between Episodes 2 and 3 though. There was a great novel Labrynth of Evil which highlighted other Jedi including Shaak Ti and had an interesting plot on the Jedi's search for the mysterious Sith Lord behind everything. I do think the Clone Wars has so much potential and it would be really awesome to see more Jedi like Aayla Secura, Adia Gallia and Ahsoka expanded upon. Each of them were really good in the limited material we saw in TCW. Looking forward to see Ahsoka in Rebels, though would be nice to see her more in TCW as she was growing up or even what happened in between ROTS and ANH. At the same time, seeing a young Jedi like Aayla Secura feature would provide a nice touch on a graceful Twilek Jedi, especially given how we saw them portrayed in the OT.

I mean, a novel/comic series on these latter 3 characters and a series which shows them off and allows us to see their characters develop would be great. Even an anthology film I daresay? Wouldn't Aayla Secura as a major character highlight a confident and fun female Jedi?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.