main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rogue One [Official Info] Vader in Rogue One

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by Charon Lefleur, Jul 8, 2015.

1. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    I don't, that'd be too predictable. Have Krennic die some other way, and give Vader some other moments of awesome.

11-4D likes this.
  2. Wrenegade

Wrenegade Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2015
    A bit hard to tell, but it looks like his robes are indeed over the armor, like in ANH. Well that settles that.

Seriously though, can't wait to see Vader on the big screen in 2 months!

3. La Calavera

La Calavera Force Ghost star 4

Sep 2, 2015
    His robes are definitely over his armor. The chestbox seems to be ANH version as well.

...But wait, we still don't know if he has the same gloves of ANH! It's not settled yet! :p

4. Stoneymonster

Stoneymonster Force Ghost star 4

May 8, 2002
    Red eye lenses.

5. ObidioJuan

ObidioJuan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2002
    The question is where's Tarkin?

6. unlimitedpower

unlimitedpower Jedi Master star 3

Nov 11, 2014
    Still in the Lothal sector?

outerrimjaba likes this.
  7. Darth_Hydra

Darth_Hydra Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 14, 2001

I'm the opposite of you, the less I see of Vader in Rogue One the better. If the anthology films are to succeed on their own they need to start relying on Vader less and less. Having him be in Rogue One is fine because of the story and era it's set in but if LFL/Disney is to ever move into other eras beyond the ST they need to show audience that they're capable of delivering new, likeable and nuanced characters instead of simply going "Look Vader's in this, so you need to see it!" with each new film. By limiting Vader's presence in Rogue One it's the first step towards that.

whostheBossk and Vib3s like this.
  8. Big Boss

Big Boss Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 16, 2015
    So badass.
    so theres 3 times we see him over all the trailers. the one at the end of the first (second trailer?) trailer and then twice in this new one. i think we'll feel his presence throughout - and it could be very likely he does kill Krennic, based on what we know Vader's like with failure (and this time period). however i suppose he could feature in a more surprising manner. i cant help but think theyll subvert expectations in some way, so we might think Krennic is a goner, but Krennic shows cunning and escapes (only to be dealt with by the Rebels) and Vader issues something akin to 'wipe them all out'.

9. Alhazred

Alhazred Jedi Padawan star 1

May 8, 2016
    Vader sends for Tarkin and Thrawn in my ideal movie.But seeing Darth Vader as a threatening presence through out the anthology movies would work for me.We only see him when some one screws up.

10. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    He looks very intimidating, storming up to him like that. Bravo.

11. raefinnpoe

raefinnpoe Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    yeah for all the rumors about him being battered in this movie he looked about as agile as when he flies down the steps in ESB.

12. Millennium Falcon 888

Millennium Falcon 888 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 6, 2016
    Usage of the Force has definitely brought wonders for a nearly-dead, severely crippled fellow like the former Anakin Skywalker... How else can he still be so sprightly and able to march to Krennic, or walk great distances in a space station as vast as the two Death Stars? :vader:

As well as not forgetting the way Vader fights fitter people like Obi-Wan and his son! :bluesaber::redsaber:

13. raefinnpoe

Dec 18, 2015

well if he walked thru the death star the movie would be over ;)

14. The Bops

The Bops Jedi Master star 2

Oct 30, 2012
    I don't think it's a big deal. I mean, it’s not like this happened:

[​IMG]

He looks like Jason!!

15. The Bops

The Bops Jedi Master star 2

Oct 30, 2012
    Anyone know who's playing the "physical" Vader??

16. raefinnpoe

Dec 18, 2015

wikipedia says that several actors play his physical form, but only actually lists one..........spencer wilding, whos roles include frankenstein's monster in the 2015's 'victor frankenstein'

The Bops likes this.
  17. outerrimjaba

outerrimjaba Jedi Master star 1

May 24, 2015
    Based on the new Canon books, official website and Rebels, Tarkin isn't fetched or summoned by anyone but Sheev.

He's the main terror during this era. Even Vader is pulled into his orbit.

I would say the ordinary galactic imperial citizen knows more about Tarkin than Sheev. According to the novel Tarkin, Paps became more withdrawn and less involved with affairs of the empire. Vader was in on this secretive quest for more power, as well, but he had to do some troubleshooting at the request of Tarkin.

Oversector control and a planet destroying space station basically granted the control of the empire to Tarkin.

http://www.starwars.com/databank/death-star

Darth Vader, an Imperial enforcer serving the Emperor and Grand Moff Tarkin, led an Imperial hunt to recover the plans.

Alhazred and Big Boss like this.
  18. Big Boss

Big Boss Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 16, 2015
    he can still send for him - its not any different for any subordinate calling for Vader - their/his presence is necessary. yeh, i get that there are certain undertones in how people decide to construct their sentences, but its just semantics. no one is saying Vader doesnt bow to Tarkin/Palpatine or vice versa.

19. Anakin.Skywalker

Anakin.Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2016
    That's funny because when I heard Vader would be in Rogue One, I said to myself "Look, Vader's in this so I've got to see it!" Very funny.

Master of None likes this.
  20. themoth

Dec 5, 2015
    I think Vader will kill people who he deems failed the Empire at the end of the movie.

Darth Smurf likes this.
  21. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    This will end up ugly for George
    [​IMG]

22. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Something ive noticed from the latest trailer's is how the neck of Vader's helmet hangs way out in front of his chest, did it do that in the OT?

[​IMG]

23. Zillobeast

Zillobeast Jedi Padawan star 1

Jun 6, 2016

I'm telling you, that shot is most likely going to be the part when Vader says his trademark line "If you only knew the POWER of the Dark Side!'

Gareth Edwards implied that the line will be in the movie at Star Wars Celebration.

24. themoth

Dec 5, 2015
    I think we could see one of the more intimidating portrayals of Vader in Rogue One. Especially as the situation becomes more dire. I mean, he begins ANH by choking someone. He's desperate and on the hunt.

Zillobeast likes this.
  25. Rickleo123

Rickleo123 Jedi Knight star 3

May 20, 2016
    I know Vader's force choke is his "iconic" move but seeing him do that to a non jedi imperial is pretty redundant, dont get me wrong it'll be cool to see him do it again on the big screen but at this point I was hoping to see Vader display his badassness in some new and exciting ways like we saw him do in the Vader comics.

Darth_Pevra likes this.