main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Episode 8 Title - The Last Jedi

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darkslayer, Jan 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Strongbow

Strongbow Force Ghost star 5

Nov 6, 2014

I meant that Restoration of the Republic is LITERALLY a book written by a political hack. A Chorus of Disapproval found that for me. :)

And yeah, we can talk about TFA another time, but I get your perspective. I don;t entirely agree, but I get it.

Darkslayer likes this.
  2. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    I bet they have an "____ of the ____" in store for EpIX.

3. JDN21

JDN21 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2004
    You don't know what the story is - the title may be perfect for the actual story. 'The Last Jedi' sounds as much like an old serial as 'The Phantom Menace' or 'A New Hope' does.

4. Valens-Pax

Valens-Pax Jedi Master

Sep 9, 2005
  5. Jonipoon

Jonipoon Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2014
    If George had wanted to, he could have easily called ROTS for "Rise of the Empire" or "Fall of the Jedi" in order to boost more interest with catchy cool titles that echoes the OT. But he didnt.

DarthBrian and Erkan12 like this.
  6. Erkan12

Erkan12 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    So what's the meaning of the title? Luke is going to die or the Jedi order will end? Since this is an equivalent of Empire Strikes Back, bad guys should win at the end, and destroying the Jedi Order is a good idea.

7. Drewton

Drewton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 8, 2009
    Giving a prequel character a cameo in one of the anthology movies is nothing like titling an Episode after a major prequel plot thread.

8. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    Nah, TFA fit great with Rey's opening up to the Force and all that. TLJ works for VIII since Luke is in it prominently and he is the last Jedi.

9. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    The glories of internet misunderstandings :p

10. mihaitzateo

mihaitzateo Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 5, 2015
    I think there are also other Jedis, besides Luke Skywalker.
    I think this is the point of view of Snoke, who is chasing Luke Skywalker,thinking he is the last Jedi, to kill him.
    And I am very sure Ben Solo and Snoke are no match for the powers of Luke Skywalker.

11. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Option Most Likely: The film shows us Luke going from being the Last Jedi to actually fulfilling the promise of this entire trilogy and having "the new Jedi rise" by Episode IX.

12. Gigoran Monk

Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 2, 2016
    Jerks? Because they're not making your SW title shorthands easy? Can't tell if serious.

If you are serious, let me refer you to some actual, real-life jerks, like this guy:

https://cdn.ampproject.org/ii/w560/...yles/mobile/public/2016/10/27/1027putin01.JPG

Perspective, people. Perspective.

13. Import_Jedi

Import_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Aug 20, 2001

[face_laugh]

Perhaps this is revenge for Revenge of the Fallen. Lucas wanted his title back for that one [face_clown]

Darkslayer likes this.
  14. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Lol, George has been pulling the strings all along! His real rivalry is with the Transformers franchise :p

DaddlerTheDalek and Import_Jedi like this.
  15. Valens-Pax

Valens-Pax Jedi Master

Sep 9, 2005
  16. Leias_Left_Bun

Leias_Left_Bun Jedi Master star 4

Feb 18, 2013
    But he wasn't the main protagonist of TPM. We can argue about whether the lead character was really Qui-Gon or Padme or Kenobiā€¦ But it definitely wasn't Sidious.

I'm just saying, having the main title refer to a character does not automatically make that character the main protagonist. Rey is clearly the lead character of the sequel trilogy, no matter what the individual episodes are titled.

Gigoran Monk likes this.
  17. Echo7even

Echo7even Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 22, 2015

I agree, EP1's poster is by far the best of all IMO. I have that poster saved somewhere....

DaddlerTheDalek and Erkan12 like this.
  18. Import_Jedi

Import_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Aug 20, 2001

I like. [face_devil]

19. Strongbow

Strongbow Force Ghost star 5

Nov 6, 2014
    Just a note for those people complaining that this title does not include a verb.... neither does Attack of the Clones. As it is used in that title, "Attack" is a noun. My English Professor wife just pointed that out to me. If it were used as a verb, the title would be "The Clones Attack".

MrElculver2424 and Gigoran Monk like this.
  20. Gigoran Monk

Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 2, 2016
    Neither did Abrams or Edwards.

I don't think so, personally. A title as a "command statement from a villain"? Doesn't fit (and for those who care, would be a much greater departure from the titling norm).

21. MrElculver2424

MrElculver2424 Jedi Master star 4

May 11, 2014
    I LIKE it, but it sounds more like an Episode IX title than an Episode VIII title. And not very unique...I didn't think the word Jedi would be used in a title again, especially just 2 movies after Return of the Jedi. Quite unoriginal.

I like it, but...eh...

Funbox likes this.
  22. SgtTimBob

SgtTimBob Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 5, 2014
    Saw that the title had been announced earlier and instantly loved it. I like how they are keeping it simple, with titles that tease a little without giving away the whole premise of the film. It's mysterious and draws me in, in the same way that The Force Awakens did. Of course, many will speculate that it will be about Luke passing down the sword to Rey, and that, by the end of the film, she will be the last Jedi, where it starts out with Luke having that job. Personally, I guess that's how it might go, but even if Luke is killed, he could potentially come back as a shadowy blue guy. Or maybe not.

I love this period of speculation and anticipation. Can't wait to see it in theaters... later this year!! It's closer than you think!

Chained Prometheus and EHT like this.
  23. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    EPISODE IX: A FINAL HOPE

24. Drewton

Drewton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 8, 2009
    Are there rumours Luke will die?

25. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Not a single one.

Tan-Wessel and Darth_Voider like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.