main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social CLOUD CITY CANTINA (20.0) The Force Ghost Party!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Jar-Jar Binks, Jan 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    Han as the Fonz, Lando as Potsie, Chewie as Ralph Malf. Sunday Monday Star Wars days. [face_monkey] Seriously Howard is an Oscar winning director. :)

2. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    Harrison IS Han Solo

3. Ava G.

Ava G. Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2016
    *whistles Andy Griffith theme*

4. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    And back from my trip. It went way too fast!

And what do I find for me upon getting home? A summons for jury duty. [face_frustrated]

5. Ava G.

Jul 7, 2016
    Welcome back, Mr. Solo!

6. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    Psst (Ms. Solo)

Sent using Tapatalk this was.

7. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    What DarthIshyZ said, but thank you! :)

8. QueenSabe7

QueenSabe7 Chosen One star 6

Mar 23, 2001
    Welcome back! Or not? :p Hope you had a great trip!

9. Guidman

Guidman Skywalker Saga Mod and Trivia Host star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 29, 2016
    Is it for a certain high profile case that is going to be retried relatively soon? :p

DarthIshyZ likes this.
  10. Adirondackjedi27

Adirondackjedi27 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2013
    Well, I've had a good day so far. Went and got a sub and a plain tea with lemon, and I walked from my place to the sub shop.

11. twowolves

twowolves Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 2013
    Ron Howard directing Han Solo spinoff = "We've hit rock bottom and now no one wants to direct our movies because of our overbearing licensing policies and disgusting ambition to make everything so kid-friendly that you've entered a diabetic coma by the end of every movie we churn out for the masses who keep endorsing and enabling us by buying our crap."

Yep. It seems to be a symptom of larger problems...

I hope Disney crashes and burns, honestly. I think Star Wars as a genre has become such a juggernaut that it will not tolerate ineptness or shoddy directing, and now, Disney is starting to feel the curse because they betrayed Shiva.

I mean, the fans... [face_whistling]

Sent from my TARDIS, somewhere between the glittering C-beams near the Tanhauser Gate.

12. Anakin.Skywalker

Anakin.Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2016
    What I'm afraid is that Star Wars is going to just crash one day because of what Disney is doing to it. They're just going to use it up and it's going to fall.

13. Guidman

Dec 29, 2016
    Well, that's one way of looking at it I guess.

14. Adirondackjedi27

Adirondackjedi27 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2013
    Wow. I can't explain why, but the idea of a Han Solo movie, just doesn't feel right. I think Disney should slow down. Give us some time between movies. And I don't mean just Star Wars. I mean we've got Star Wars, A Thor movie coming out, and a bunch of original disney movies.

15. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Thank you, QueenSabe7! :)

Well, it is for a federal case in Philly, but I highly doubt that's it.

16. QueenSabe7

QueenSabe7 Chosen One star 6

Mar 23, 2001
    As long as there are stories to tell and there are the right people behind those stories to tell them correctly, I don't see that happening. I guess I don't understand the whole "Disney is ruining SW" argument because without them, there would be no more SW to experience. Some fans want that, I suppose but now that we have more we should just enjoy the ride. :D

Just my 2 cents! ;)

17. Guidman

Dec 29, 2016
    Only a jury from here in Pittsburgh could screw that case up.

HanSolo29 and QueenSabe7 like this.
  18. Ava G.

Jul 7, 2016
    Hmm. A movie about a young Palpatine would be more interesting, IMO.

19. Anakin.Skywalker

Anakin.Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2016
    I only accept the PT and the OT, so I clearly have issues with the continuation of Star Wars. :p

20. Guidman

Dec 29, 2016
    I like that idea. Tom Hiddleston in that role..

Ava G., QueenSabe7 and DarthIshyZ like this.
  21. MrMojoRisin

MrMojoRisin Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2005
    That's always fun.....

HanSolo29 likes this.
  22. twowolves

Oct 6, 2013
    Oh I wouldn't go so far as to say that Disney ruined Star Wars, but the way they casually tossed aside the blood sweat and tears of dozens of authors and creators, and then instantly started in with the blatant pandering to the youngest kids first, tossing aside mature stories that were as compelling as they were integral to the Star Wars universe...that left a bad taste in a lot of people's mouths. Funny how there still has been no word from Leland Chee...

Edit: Also, dubs.

Sent from my TARDIS, somewhere between the glittering C-beams near the Tanhauser Gate.

23. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
    Yeah, I'm grateful that we keep getting more SW films, shows, comics, books etc. It's super fun to be a fan right now and I've been extremely pleased with Rebels, TFA and R1.

Rogue One is one of the best SW films ever made, imo. I currently rank it at #2, after Empire.

Just my two cents!

24. Guidman

Dec 29, 2016
    Yeah, but didn't they essentially have to from a storytelling perspective. You're not going to spend $4B just to handcuff yourself with what stories you can tell. Wiping the slate clean was the best way to go.

Plus they've shown that they're willing to bring in stuff from Legends.

25. twowolves

Oct 6, 2013
    I'm a little disappointed in the direction they are going. I was hoping for more adult fare. I don't mean nudity, either, though in any gritty show about Coruscant is bound to have some in the Undercity somewhere...

But it would have been nice to see it get the GOT treatment--stories that adults relate to more. It doesn't always have to be the Empire versus the Rebels, the Sith Versus the Jedi. There are a trillion stories in Star Wars, and not all of them have to be galaxy-impacting. I like seeing the interaction of the background characters, leading lives of quiet desperation

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.