main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Mark Hamill (Luke Skywalker) in the ST

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth_Voider, Dec 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    We saw that the mere thought of his sister being turned was almost enough to send him over the edge. "Failing" his sister, her son and watching his student murder the rest of his students would test him like nothing before.

2. MagnarTheGreat

MagnarTheGreat Force Ghost star 5

Jul 21, 2016
    True Star Wars Grit

3. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
  4. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013

I love this. It explains why his other students all died. Kylo is extra trained and they're under-trained.

5. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014

:_|:_|:_|

EHT likes this.
  6. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Don't feed that troll, nightangel.

CEB, Artoo-Dion , Trikuza23 and 6 others like this.
  7. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    TFA-Cameo Luke, Mute Luke, and Starring forever Luke
    TLJ-Broken Man Luke and Emo Luke
    IX-????

Can't wait to see what we'll get in IX!!![face_laugh]:D:p

Satipo, nightangel and oncafar like this.
  8. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    ... or that troll, either, for that matter.

CEB, JediLight, Trikuza23 and 4 others like this.
  9. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    I hope Luke gets out of his Broken Man status as fast as possible.

I'm still waiting for a Luke with a plan, doesn't really seem like he has any....

10. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    IX-fast and furious Luke :p

-LordSkywalker- and starocean90 like this.
  11. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Y'all, I'm probably going to legit cry when I see this movie for the first time. No shame.

12. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    We are definitely getting a symbolic "Luke raises the X-Wing out of the water" moment.

13. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    I'll be squeezing my plush Porg that I take into the cinema with me and crying into his fur. And, then probably exiting separately from my ashamed wife and child.

14. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    or
    2 Luke too Furious!
    Terminator Luke
    Super Luke
    Lukecalypse

etc.:p

nightangel likes this.
  15. arjank

arjank Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2015
    There´s one thing that doesn´t make sense to me.
    From the EW interview we learn that Luke thought that Ben (Kylo) was the chosen one.
    How can he think such a thing when Leia brought Ben to Luke to train with him for the reason there was to much Vader in him and Snoke was targeting him. When he already displayed darkside tendencies why would Luke think Ben is the new chosen one, it doesn;t make sense to me[face_dunno]

16. Jacques who

Jacques who Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 18, 2017
    Because Luke may have thought Ben could overcome those tendencies and become an even better leader to the future Jedi. One who was tempted by the dark but (Luke was sure) would overcome those temptations. Or he thought his compassion could save Ben and Ben became is passion project.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. cronus33

cronus33 Jedi Master star 2

Apr 17, 2005
    I think there is something more that caused Luke to "break." I think it wasn't just the fact that he trained Ben, and Ben went out and killed everyone and "destroyed it all," but perhaps Luke was actually faced with a situation where he either fought back and almost killed, or had the chance to kill Ben. Maybe he felt the Dark Side within him, and caught himself almost killing his own nephew. That might have been enough to completely push him over the ledge, and convince him that it is best if he just left everything, and everyone behind.

(Also, the stuff with him and Rey is sounding like The Fisher King. She is going to have to "heal" him.)

18. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    Narrator: Faster than a a laser blast. More powerful than a Star Destroyer. Able to jump far in a single bound.
    Man 1: Look! Up in the sky! It’s a Porg.
    Woman: It’s an X-Wing
    Man 2: It’s Luke Skywalker!
    Narrator: Yes, it’s Luke, strange visitor from Tatooine who came to Ahch-To with powers and abilities far beyond those of mortal men. Luke, who can change the course of mighty Galaxies, uses the power of the force with his bare hands. And who, disguised as a Broken Man, fights a never ending battle for truth, justice and the Jedi way. And now another exciting episode of the Skywalker Saga.

Here's Super Luke!!!! For IX....;)

nightangel likes this.
  19. arjank

arjank Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2015

idk, it still doesn't make sense to me, I think it's a stupid choice of the writers to make Luke think that Ben was a chosen one. I do not agree with this.

nightangel, ChildOfWinds and T-R- like this.
  20. oncafar

oncafar Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2017
    i also noticed the author used the word sith in association with kylo. makes me wonder how much attention he gave to these little factual details. of course it is possible that kylo could defeat snoke because he wants to be a sith and rejects snoke's dark side approach. but so far in the known story, neither kylo nor snoke are sith.

21. Jacques who

Jacques who Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 18, 2017
    I'm not taking it as capital C-O Chosen One from a prophecy, but chosen as successor and next leader of the Jedi.

If Luke thought Ben was an answer to a prophecy I would also find that dumb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChildOfWinds, EHT and arjank like this.
  22. MagnarTheGreat

MagnarTheGreat Force Ghost star 5

Jul 21, 2016
    Also seems like the premise for the Tomorrowland movie. Luke is like George Clooney's character in Tomorrowland it seems, and Rey is like Casey (Britt Robertson).

23. Gigoran Monk

Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 2, 2016
    Right. Though it's a much, much older story then Tomorrowland. The Fisher King is the earliest iteration I'm aware of.

24. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012

IX - Magnificent Luke going all Yoda in ROTS

nightangel and starocean90 like this.
  25. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    Broken Luke. [face_not_talking] Saw that coming. Can't wait for the eventual reveal of Lucas' ST and what the real story of Luke Skywalker is.

Of course they won't do anything that damages or detracts from super-Rey, so perfect that she is the only desert scavenger in the history of the galaxy capable of swimming.

The title made perfect sense. The Jedi Returned to the galaxy and their active role in protecting it via Luke.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.