main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

How did you discover the Jedi Council?

Discussion in 'Archive: Anniversary Forum' started by JoinTheSchwarz , Jul 3, 2018.

1. Master_Rebado

Master_Rebado Chosen One star 6

May 31, 2004

Seen that profile over there,thankfully I have a different user name there.

2. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    My friend Kayla was gloating in US History class to me how she made a thread about "Obi-Wan/Anakin/Padme Love Triangle" that she felt would happen in Episode 2 and lead to Anakin's downfall. After we spent the rest of the class arguing about how wrong she was I had to get the website address so I could come here and tell her again online how wrong she was. I should send her a facebook message and remind her :p

3. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    I was searching SW stuff and happened upon the Star Wars Technical Commentaries. A click here and there and discovered it was on a larger site with forums. I lurked for at least a year then joined up for Attack of the Clones.

SkywalkerShine likes this.
  4. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    Found this here website through a magazine article during the Revenge of the Sith media hype. Then I stayed for the fic.

pronker likes this.
  5. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    If I remember right I was talking CIII with someone on Star Wars.com boards and they told me about TFN, so I registered and pretty much immediately found the FF and after researching what FF was I pushed for Tucson to get their board back up running. We managed to get three people together a few times and then Bro Halo helped out with getting things organized and then from there I was just TFN and FF obsessed, at one point for about a year we had about 18 members of the FF. These days I, same as PLJ mainly just hang out in Collectibles , but I thought this area looked intriguing so I had to come take a look. I also used to spend time on fan fiction reading Cheryl's (RebelMom) stories, made me feel closer to her. To this day I miss having her in my life, she was a dear friend and I would never have met her were not for TFN and FF.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2018
    JoinTheSchwarz and pronker like this.
  6. DaddlerTheDalek

DaddlerTheDalek Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2014
    It was 2014 and I realized that I wasn't a part in any Star Wars or Star Trek related forums, so I joined TheForce.Net and Trek BBS around the same time because I liked to lurk on both sites.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2018
  7. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    The Force guided me here.

VadersLaMent and EHT like this.
  8. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005

I just realized I never specifically said Jedi Council. Basically I looked at JC just as another part of FF. I was active on JC as often as anywhere else in TFN. Just to clarify

9. Tython Awakening

Tython Awakening Force Ghost star 4

Oct 12, 2017
    I lurked around on these boards over the years. I joined a few times with different screen names but didn't continue and then found other boards to post on. I was web searching for info on Droids when I happened upon the answer I needed in one of these threads. Rebelscum.com didn't have enough activity so I came here.

My first experience with Star Wars message boards was around 96-97 or so. AOL had chat rooms for SW. The debate over the canonicity of the Expanded Universe raged even back then. Clearly there was already vitriol in the discussions over which EU novels and comics were better or had higher status.

R.I.P Dark Horse Message Boards, old AOL message boards, and Disques message boards at Rebelscum.com

pronker likes this.
  10. queen of the jackalopes

queen of the jackalopes Jedi Master star 1

Jul 8, 2016
    I discovered the forum in 2008, when I was googled Star Wars, however, I was a 14 year old kid, so I lurked for a long time. I ended up meeting friends on a horse related game who loved Star Wars just as much I did, so I stopped lurking. My friends and I grew up, and while they grew out of their obsession, I did not, so I joined in 2016.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2018
    pronker likes this.
  11. Rainbow Knight Star

Rainbow Knight Star Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 18, 2005
    The year was 2005, and I was surfing the Net looking for a good Star Wars forum to join. I found this place, and lots of friends. Looks like you guys are stuck with me. The Jedi Council Forums is not just good, it's awesome. The people, topics and forums make it that way.

:D

12. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    :eek: [face_blush] [face_blush] [face_blush] [face_laugh] [:D]

- The Imperial Ewok

13. jSarek

jSarek VIP star 4 VIP

Feb 18, 2005
    I can't remember how I found it the first time, but I was most likely exploring the corners of TheForce.Net after coming across TimeTales in search of information for my Imperial Grand Admirals webpage (here's a look at it from around that time). Though I signed up, I decided not to really involve myself here, because I already was spending too much time on message boards (primarily the Star Trek Customizable Card Game boards at Decipher.com, but around that time I was also making a name for myself on the official StarWars.com message boards).

But that was not to last. On the Official Site boards, there was a thread on the Grand Admirals, where I was a frequent poster. "Who's Who: Imperial Grand Admirals" author Abel G. Peña was also a frequent poster, and thread drift lead us to talking about his latest article in Star Wars Insider #80, "The History of the Mandalorians." While there was some discussion of it there on The Official Site, it was clear the bulk of it was occurring here, so I signed up (as Ris_jSarek, as I couldn't sign up as "jSarek"; I had completely forgotten about my previous registration, and it would be years before I realized what happened and got it all sorted out) and made my first post. And I've been here, with varying degrees of activity, ever since.

pronker likes this.
  14. MYMUTHAZ

MYMUTHAZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 17, 2001
    found TFN trying to find Episode II news!

pronker likes this.
  15. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    I had a force.net email address for a loooooooooong time. I just never signed up for a forum account until recently.

pronker likes this.
  16. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    After the 3SA ended, I was kind of lost for a little bit. I liked the structure of the 3SA and the mods were super active, keeping on top of jerks posting spoilers or creating redundant threads. There was always something going on there, and I was never bored from the activity/discussion. Eventually I grew tired of talking Star Wars and went to the The Amphitheatre for variety. I would go to Lit from time to time, but they were talking about stuff that I had no frame of reference for. I went to the TV forum for a bit to talk Clone Wars but those guys over there love talking spoilers and I had to stop going there because it was getting to hard to avoid accidentally reading something that I didn't want to. I then found myself at the JCC more often and even though I didn't get all the inside jokes, I complained, but kept coming back. I still don't get all the inside jokes, but I do enjoy that Amph, Senate, and such is all combined into one place. It's the best I remember it being right now and a little more welcoming than it used to be too.

pronker likes this.
  17. TheRedBlade

TheRedBlade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 17, 2007
    You guys all put in WORK on the Luke, Mara, Sex and the Force thread.

jSarek and pronker like this.
  18. Darth_Foo

Darth_Foo Force Ghost star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    Senior year of highschool (2001) someone told me to go to TFN for Ep II spoiler news. Didn't become a member and start posting until 2003, around the time reports of an anti-Jedi droid general with the ludicrous name of General Grievous came out.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2018
    pronker likes this.
  19. Ichor_Razor

Ichor_Razor Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 6, 2004
    I discovered this site due to seeking out Episode 3 plot spoilers in late 2003 though it wasn't until the following November that I created an account to interact with others on here.

pronker likes this.
  20. seattlemusicnerd

seattlemusicnerd Jedi Master star 3

Dec 23, 2014
    During the prequels, I was a lurker/poster on the Galactic Senate forums. At the time, it was an active community. I think around the time Disney bought Star Wars with the intention of making more movies/shows/etc, I tried to find it again and saw that it was not particularly active any more.
    And so i came here. I appreciate that there are spoiler free forums for the upcoming movies. As soon as trailers come out, I flock to those and do not dare enter the spoiler forums until after I've seen the movies.

pronker likes this.
  21. AutumnLight91

AutumnLight91 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 17, 2018
    If I member correctly, the Teen Titan forum I was on kinda died so I went searching the internet. I looked up something related to SW and ended up here.

pronker likes this.
  22. Serpico Jones

Serpico Jones Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    I stumbled onto this place in 2001 to get some info on AOTC. I was 14 years old then, I’m 32 now.

pronker likes this.
  23. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    15 years ago..........it was an accident..........one clearly I never recovered from.

24. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    According to eBay, I joined there on 6/1/99...this was specifically to try to up the bid price for a friend's old box of Star Wars cards. I ended up going too high and won the auction, so I decided I'd try to put together a set. After visiting a few collecting sites, I found the Collecting forum here, but no one was really collecting cards, so I browsed some more and started reading AOTC spoiler threads. Ended up registering here in March 2000. Not too long after that there were leaked story boards for AOTC and Celebration 2 was announced to be in Indianapolis which led me to join Fan Force...was pretty much all in after that.

25. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    My story begins in 19-dickety-two. We had to say "dickety" cause that Kaiser had stolen our word "twenty". I chased that rascal to get it back, but gave up after dickety-six miles. Because of this, I needed a new heel for my shoe, so, I decided to go to Morganville, which is what they called Shelbyville in those days. So I tied an onion to my belt, which was the style at the time. Now, to take the ferry cost a nickel, and in those days, nickels had pictures of bumblebees on 'em. "Give me five bees for a quarter," you'd say.

Now where were we? Oh yeah: the important thing was I had an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time. They didn't have white onions because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones, and I guess the onion seller won the argument, but I walked away with the turnips. The following morning I resigned my commission with the coastguard. The next thing I knew there was civil war in Spain. You see, back in those days, rich men would ride around in Zeppelins, dropping coins on people, and one day I seen J.D. Rockefeller flying by. So I run of the house with a big washtub and I'd just used it that morning to wash my turkey, which in those days was known as a walking-bird. We'd always have walking-bird on Thanksgiving, with all the trimmings: cranberries, injun eyes, yams stuffed with gunpowder. Then we'd all watch football, which in those days was called baseball, much like how three wars back we called sauerkraut "liberty cabbage" and we called liberty cabbage "super slaw" and back then a suitcase was known as a "Swedish lunchbox." Of course, nobody knew that but me. Then after World War Two, it got kinda quiet, 'til Superman challenged FDR to a race around the world. FDR beat him by a furlong, or so the comic books would have you believe. The truth lies somewhere in between.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018