main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Art by Redz - Guess who?

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by REDZ166, Jul 30, 2018.

1. REDZ166

REDZ166 Jedi Padawan

Jul 26, 2018
    Hey guys im new here but i kinda joined to try to create some cool stars wars art, as im a fan of the franchise and would like to not only make some cool artwork but develop my skills along the way i am by no means a digital artist, this is all a hobby and everything i do is with my mouse and some Photoshop so no special equipment being used, i will at times perhaps combine photos into the artwork to give it a cool affect.

anyway il start of with a character you might recognise, not finished yet as this will be a WIP thread before i post the final version (background will be on Korriban possibly and will also be holding an ancient Sith Sword, The reference image being used is a picture from the comics, ( he will also have redish colour skin( being the dude is Sith/human hybrid) and possibly different colour to the clothing in the end and yes he has feet :D

NEWEST UPDATE!!
    [​IMG]

Update 1
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 12, 2018
  2. REDZ166

REDZ166 Jedi Padawan

Jul 26, 2018
    Hey Guys a small update ( made the WIPs smaller as the orginal file im working with is over 5000X 8000 pixels large ( will upload a high rez final)

Defined clothing more and skin colour ( fixed gauntlet ) fixed lots of things
    [​IMG]

3. REDZ166

REDZ166 Jedi Padawan

Jul 26, 2018
    Ok Guys need some tips on the face, from any media i can find online it looks as if this is what his facial features are like, (judging by comics and games) any tips would be awesome
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 30, 2018
    DarthAnakin96 and Togruta like this.
  4. teamhansolo

teamhansolo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
    Personally I don't know anything about this character, who is it? Try searching for pics on google maybe? Or wookiepedia. :):)

REDZ166 likes this.
  5. REDZ166

REDZ166 Jedi Padawan

Jul 26, 2018
    Thanks Teamhansolo its Marka Ragnos
    an ancient Sith Lord

teamhansolo likes this.
  6. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    Heya.

Marka Ragnos… no wonder he looked familiar. I haven't heard that name since the Tales of the Jedi series and Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy game. That's really coming along nicely.

He seems to be depicted as a spirit / hologram form in a fair bit of media. That might throw off your lighting references for the shadows and highlights if you are going to have him in physical form.

REDZ166 likes this.
  7. REDZ166

REDZ166 Jedi Padawan

Jul 26, 2018
    Thank you Corellian_Outrider there isnt much depiction of him in art so i thought he would be the perfect one to start with, infact he has never been seen in any comics or media outside his spirit from, so there is already alot of misconceptions regarding the way he looks and a lot of mis-representation im using alot of different sources to come up with an accurate as possible representation of him.

8. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    Not familiar with the character, but this is looking really neat, and very well-done!

REDZ166 likes this.
  9. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    The face looks good. I think his hand is too big though, and his feet should mostly be hidden by his cloak.

What is he holding?

Last edited: Jul 31, 2018
    REDZ166 likes this.
  10. REDZ166

REDZ166 Jedi Padawan

Jul 26, 2018
    Thank you BlackHole ^^
    Yes im refining the hands they are too big, he will be holding an ancient sith sword? or should i make him hold his sceptor? ive refined the face abit more to maintain his more aggressive look and added lots of details everywhere....just cant make up my mind about the feet :D
    the problem with the feet thingy is that no one actually knows how long his cloak should be? so i kinda thought meh, lets give him some cool armoured boots too :D

thank You Togruta he is perhaps one of the coolest looking sith lords, unfortunately he has only ever appeared as a ghost.

11. REDZ166

REDZ166 Jedi Padawan

Jul 26, 2018
    [​IMG]
    Doing some Colour variations on the right is the image i am working with, and the middle is a version with more pale looking skin ( maybe how a sith/human hybrid would look? and the left gold look is suitable for a Sith emperor in the golden ages of the Sith?

Also added loads of little details and have fixed his hands kinda

12. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    I am loving how this is turning out. The different variations evoke different moods from the piece and possible settings.

The Golden one is definitely more towards his glory, a golden age. How he might like to be represented. The tones of the middle one does feel more cold, a darker purpose…. but also could be more natural lighting, a candid setting. The right one could be in a more artificial environment, holo maps and data displays or something more magical.

REDZ166, Khalia Octa and teamhansolo like this.
  13. Jedi Knight88

Jedi Knight88 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2018
    This is absolutley amazing , I would love to see more pictures maybe Darth Revan

REDZ166 likes this.
  14. REDZ166

REDZ166 Jedi Padawan

Jul 26, 2018
    Thank you guys, i apologise about the lack of updates on this as its far from finished, im currently working on creating the backdrop for this, and will be using a combination of matte and and brush for the digital painting, unfortunately ive been very busy, as i also design alot of vehicle artwork.

Jedi Knight88 the only reason i went for Marka Ragnos because really there is hardly any artwork out there that represents him, there is actually tons of Revan, my next project will involve other Sith Lords who perhaps have never been represented (much) in art at all
    Possibly Darth Krayte? Freddon Nad? or maybe Tulak Hord known to be the best Duellist that ever existed?

15. Jedi Knight88

Sep 4, 2018
    TULAK HORD WOULD BE AWESOME!!!!!!!

REDZ166 likes this.
  16. REDZ166

REDZ166 Jedi Padawan

Jul 26, 2018
    I wanted to post an update, i do apologise not a updating this, i think i will create another thread to post my finished artwork and keep this as my WIP thread
    anyway heres an Update!!
    Marka Ragnos with an ancient Sith sword in Korriban ( the sword will be imbued with sith magic) and much more to do with cleaning the image up and some lighting
    [​IMG]

17. teamhansolo

teamhansolo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
    Wow! That looks really cool! :)

REDZ166 likes this.
  18. Jedi Knight88

Sep 4, 2018
    AMAZING!!!!!!!

REDZ166 likes this.