main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate The US Politics discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ghost, Dec 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    The House should pull Ivanka in for a public hearing. Jared too. And while they are at it, they might as well ask the FBI to investigate since it was so unacceptable when Hillary did it.

This might be how Trump leaves office early. Endless investigations of the kids by the House and NY and other states. He'd probably let Eric and Don Jr rot, but Ivanka is the 3rd rail for him. He's probablly already flipping. Problem is, unlike Hillary, Ivanka can't even feign ignorance on this one thanks to the show Republicans and Trump put on for the better part of three years. Lock her up. Jared too.

2. Yoda's_Roomate

Yoda's_Roomate Chosen One star 5

Feb 8, 2000
    Jedi Merkurian and appleseed like this.
  3. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002

An under-reported fact about California's wildfires: a big chunk of the firefighters are prisoners making $1 an hour.

MrZAP, V-2, DarthIntegral and 3 others like this.
  4. Yoda's_Roomate

Feb 8, 2000
    As expected.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-poli...oggi-mohammed-bin-salman-kim-nuclear-fox-news

Time and time again, President Donald Trump seems to side with dictators over his own intelligence community. Take the case of journalist Jamal Khashoggi, with the two most recent examples occurring during a Fox News interview that aired on Sunday.

The New York Times reported on Friday that the CIA has concluded Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman directly ordered the killing of Jamal Khashoggi inside the Saudi Consulate in Istanbul last month.

Although the State Department subsequently released a statement trying to tamp down on the Times’s reporting, the CIA’s reported conclusion serves as the latest, strongest evidence that the crown prince lied to Trump when he repeatedly denied involvement in Khashoggi’s death.

During an interview with Fox News that aired on Sunday, however, Trump indicated he doesn’t necessarily trust his intelligence community over the crown prince’s denials.

5. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    I like how Alexandria is backing Democratic challengers to establishment Dems. These challengers are in favor of doing something about climate change, among other things.

6. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    It may not be your fault that it happened, but it is your responsibility to do something about it. Just like, for example, it's not my fault when I get a crap-ton of snow, but it's my responsibility to clear my driveway.

juday, unicorn, TCF-1138 and 4 others like this.
  7. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    @Jedi Merkurian

Well as I dad told me many times and am starting to do with my own children, this is why I had kids...so I don't have to clear off the driveway after it snows. That is what you here for now! (In all seriousness, I do agree with you but the issue is until some people finally admit we still racial inequality and need to make sure everyone gets their fair shot in life, nothing will be done so it's kinda wasted breath IMHO)

[​IMG]

And as far as the gender equality goes, I think had we listen to the great philsopher Ed from Good Burger twenty years ago we all be much better off

[​IMG]

But that is just me. Oh and no, I don't make my kids shovel the driveway I have a snow blower that I use since I don't want them to get injured however they do have to help with the walkway (hey the boys are almost eight now they can handle it LOL) just like my Dad use to do with us. ;)

Last edited: Nov 20, 2018
  8. robert martins

robert martins Jedi Master star 4

Oct 9, 2018
    The example I would use is if your Grandfather had been a murderer or a rapist, he should bear the full burden and shame for those crimes. Just because your his grandson doesn't mean you should bear any responsibility or shame for what he did.

9. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    But what if your grandfather sent government emails on a private email server?

10. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    [​IMG]

11. Yoda's_Roomate

Feb 8, 2000
    You can't use an analogy of one person, because its not a single individual. How about this:
    Your grandfather grew up in a house where murder and rape were accepted, sometimes even cheered and encouraged. You grow up in the same house. While you may not be responsible for what your grandfather and others in that house did, as the adult now, it is your responsibility to end such behavior, not perpetuate it. And here you are supporting a guy who defends "rapists and murderers", and sometimes insinuates that what they do is ok. If you do not help change that culture within your "house", or at the very least speak up against it, and speak up against those who would continue to do things as they have always been done, you're no better than them.

12. Yoda's_Roomate

Feb 8, 2000
    I liked this Colbert clip.

Hypatia likes this.
  13. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    [​IMG]

14. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    Oh, is that what we're doing now? Okay, I guess if you wanna continue shifting goalposts metaphors, let's go there:

Your grandfather was a rapist and murderer who never paid the price for his crimes. His descendents continue to perpetrate rape and murder; not you personally, but other relatives of yours. Moreover, you live for free in the house built by one of the people your grandfather raped and murdered.

So do you now understand the difference between fault and responsibility, or are you going to continue to be obtuse? Also, I wanted to make this didn't get lost:

15. Yoda's_Roomate

Feb 8, 2000
    Protecting the murderer. If this is true, it is nothing less than high treason against protecting freedom of the press.

https://www.middleeasteye.net/news/...ship-khashoggi-fallout-says-source-1684431379

Saudi Arabia's king and crown prince are shielding themselves from the Jamal Khashoggi murder scandal by using a roadmap drawn up by the US secretary of state, a senior Saudi source has told Middle East Eye.

Mike Pompeo delivered the plan in person during a meeting with Saudi King Salman and his son, Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, last month in Riyadh, said the source, who is familiar with Pompeo's talks with the Saudi leaders.

appleseed likes this.
  16. Yoda's_Roomate

Feb 8, 2000
  17. Vaderize03

Vaderize03 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 25, 1999
    Trump's strategy for stacking the Supreme Court is apparently paying off

To use a medical analogy, this is akin to starting chemo on a patient before it's been confirmed they have cancer, let alone what type of cancer they actually have (which affects how we treat it).

Shame we can't see the vote breakdown on the decision to hear evidence, but it's not too hard to guess--Roberts, Thomas, Gorsuch, Alito and Kavanaugh all probably voted for this. Move over crony capitalism, here come the crony Supremes!

18. Yoda's_Roomate

Feb 8, 2000
    Im about to spontaneously combust from all the bad stuff.

https://www.vox.com/world/2018/9/12/17764132/trump-russia-business-ties-mafia-putin-craig-unger

On November 9, 2016, just a few minutes after Donald Trump was elected president of the United States, a man named Vyacheslav Nikonov approached a microphone in the Russian State Duma (their equivalent of the US House of Representatives) and made a very unusual statement.

“Dear friends, respected colleagues!” Nikonov said. “Three minutes ago, Hillary Clinton admitted her defeat in US presidential elections, and a second ago Trump started his speech as an elected president of the United States of America, and I congratulate you on this.”

Nikonov is a leader in the pro-Putin United Russia Party and, incidentally, the grandson of Vyacheslav Molotov — after whom the “Molotov cocktail” was named. His announcement that day was a clear signal that Trump’s victory was, in fact, a victory for Putin’s Russia.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  19. Vaderize03

Oct 25, 1999
    But her emails!!!

Apparently, this is only a problem if your name rhymes with Hillary Clinton. And her invoking the "dumb blonde" defense is just plain laughable.

20. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    @Vaderize03

The Democrats are already saying there will be some of investigation into what happened. It's going to send DJT into orbit but at least Fredo Jr and Eric the Dumb@$$ can for once say they are not the stupid one!! :)

Jedi Merkurian and Vaderize03 like this.
  21. grd4

grd4 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 11, 2013
    This is kinda depressing to write, but I never cease to be surprised whenever a rising Democratic superstar turns out to be principled. Usually they turn out like Obama, empty shills who cynically employ liberal rhetoric to get elected, but Ocasio-Cortez looks to be the real deal. Good on her.

How long until Nancy Pelosi starts throwing bricks through Alexandria's window?

22. Vaderize03

Oct 25, 1999
    Not long. Her bid for House speaker is in serious jeopardy. Although I wouldn't be at all surprised if Trump arm-twists some GOP members into voting for her just for the headlines (he's already threatened to).

23. robert martins

robert martins Jedi Master star 4

Oct 9, 2018
    It seems the difference in our views is that you think what is going on nowadays is comparable to what happened in the past? I'm sorry I just don't see it that way.

24. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    See, this is the pit that a lot of civil rights causes falls into. Yeah, we're not actively slaughtering the Indians anymore. Great. But that doesn't mean we still aren't actively discriminating against them, and if people had the opportunity, it would be even worse. Saying that the two aren't comparable when you actively benefit from not being one of these discriminated against groups is something I just can't abide

25. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    It. Is. Still. Happening.

How many times does this need to be said?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.