main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate The US Politics discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ghost, Dec 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -LordSkywalker-

-LordSkywalker- Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 3, 2013
    NPR is partially publicly funded so it is the closest we have to state run media.

2. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    @-LordSkywalker-

Yeah Mitt Romney even made it a campaign talking point during the 2012 presidential race that Seasme Street should not be funded by the government at all since they make a profit every year. While it is true Seasme Street does run make a profit, all proceeds they make selling it (videos, merchandise etc) goes to helping education across the world. Guess Mittens should have read the fine print better!

But DJT and his son in law, Wonderboy Jared have nothing to hide.....believe me! o_O:rolleyes:

Last edited: Nov 27, 2018
    -LordSkywalker- and Juliet316 like this.
  3. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Indeed. Often when I visit family back in the south I'm reminded that hybrid cars are for girly men, recycling is some fruity invention that is too much of a hassle to deal with, and that Chinese, Mexican, and Italian are the only accepted ethnic foods to eat, (burgers and hotdogs being considered American and not German) and when you do eat those foods it's an event, as in, "lets cut loose tonight and try something crazy! Chinese take out!" Also if you're not wearing dad jeans, chinos, an Under Armour polo, or a sport jersey, or a generic button down shirt then you get looked up and down.

4. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    What are dad jeans?

5. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    [​IMG]

6. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Ew... why would somebody wear those? Is that considered manly, or something? Because I can tell that when he's not making that pose, you can see his balls.

7. -LordSkywalker-

-LordSkywalker- Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 3, 2013
    Ah the “Big Bird” debate. Classic for the debate moment itself and this Obama political ad it spawned.

Luke02 likes this.
  8. Vaderize03

Vaderize03 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 25, 1999
    If and when Democrats win back unified control of Washington, they need to be willing to nuke the filibuster and pass a comprehensive bill on election reform, climate change, reproductive and LGBTQ equality, tax changes, and if necessary, judicial reform within the first 100 days of a new administration. The courts are the most important thing here—it’s clear Trump has tried to make the Supreme Court into his personal judicial defense force. Putting aside the fact that if he’s truly guilty of collusion and conspiracy, all of his nominees could be considered tainted at all levels of the judiciary, neither Gorsuch nor Kavanugh would be willing to resign, even if such charges are proven. As such, the only way to restore confidence and legitimacy after such a revelation would be to either a) limit the court’s power or b) alter it’s size.

I’m most worried about the court blocking future regulatory action on climate change. That, more than anything, might be the issue that ends the GOP.

Sorry for the rambling post, just lots on my mind today.

Rylo Ken likes this.
  9. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    this is a great ****ing idea, and should be done by every network when covering any words delivered by a member of this administration

[​IMG]

10. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    I'm sure others have noticed this, but Manafort's attorney issued a classic non-denial denial by saying that Manafort had provided "truthful" information. That doesn't actually mean anything, because all he had to do was say one truthful thing sometime during questioning for his attorney's statement to be accurate. Instead, what was notably missing was a categorical denial of Manafort making false statements.

11. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    While everyone is blinded by Mitt Romney's fabulous jeans I am monofocused on the fact that there is an engraved placard above his fireplace which obviously reads something to the effect of "Who Let the Logs Out?". Incredible.

12. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    @-LordSkywalker-

Just a classic example of a Republican wanting to be against something even though they truly don't understand it. And I don't even think Mitt is that awful of a human being (you could say that his nomination marked the end of the Eisenhower-Reagan era of the GOP and certainly put an end to the Jack Kemp wing of the party), just very naive on quite a few things and frankly wrong. Best example of that still is Rick Perry saying that he wanted to get rid of the energy department and then being told, "Yeah about that. They are in charge of our nuclear arrsenal". Whoops! And of course, only DJT would look at that go, "Perfect! Your hired!".

@heels1785

Reminds me of pop up video on VH1. They could do a lie counter but of course it would break within an hour or two. Be interesting to see how often SHS actually gives a "daily" press conference between now and then of the year. That could been her last one or close to it. Pretty remarkable really.

@KnightWriter

It truly seems like Manafort fashions himself to be a cross between James Bond and Dutch van der Linde but in reality is nothing more then a two bit criminal with delusions of grandeur....and stupidity.

13. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Bingo!

Luke02 likes this.
  14. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Not unlike the Nixon administration. At this point, even Nixon's ghost can't believe the **** he's seeing.

Romney's as whitebread as they come. He couldn't be more of a stereotype of white people if he even tried.

appleseed likes this.
  15. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    Indeed. Just as Obama continued many of Bush’s policies. It’s dreadful.

16. appleseed

appleseed Chosen One star 5

Dec 5, 2002
    Should put that above the toilet.

Pensivia, Rew, Yoda's_Roomate and 2 others like this.
  17. Vaderize03

Oct 25, 1999
    So much for our 'Pro-Business' President.

So, a major American automaker analyzes the market, sees where it's losing money, makes the necessary adjustments to survive (which unfortunately include layoffs at factories that have to be closed since they are making products that consumers are no longer buying), and the President responds by directly threatening the CEO.

The best businessman. At the head of the pro-business, pro-free market GOP. Yup. Got it.

18. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    I can't criticize the president for haranguing a company about laying off workers. Maybe there should be more of that, though perhaps I suspect Trump doesn't really care about the welfare of GM's blue collar workforce, is but momentarily enraged about any narrative that contradicts the Trump Economic Miracle, moreover is desperately seeking an opportunity to distract from the renewed drumbeat of Phony Witch Hunt news for another brief blessed moment. True, I'm not psychic enough to see into Trump's diseased heart and tell how long he has until bypass surgery becomes inevitable, let alone discern his emotional state. But I suspect.

19. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    no one remembers President Obama was teased for wearing dad jeans as well ?

Pensivia likes this.
  20. Vaderize03

Oct 25, 1999
    He wore them better.

21. bluealien1

bluealien1 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 14, 2015
  22. appleseed

appleseed Chosen One star 5

Dec 5, 2002
    If Trump blasted GM for layoffs after they bought back a ton of stock and gave their CEO 22 Million dollars like Bernie did, the Republicans would impeach him tomorrow.

Juliet316 and Rylo Ken like this.
  23. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    Nobody wears dad jeans well, just very degrees of just how bad you look in them. Being a married father of three who is a forty year old (cringes typing my age) suburbnite, I am a pretty strong expert on dad jeans . And it doesn't matter what fit I get, what brand or what shape I am in, I don't look good in any of them. :(

Is there a speed based ludicrous in terms of how insane this all is?
    [​IMG]

Edit: And Donnie Two Scoops could care less about the workers of GM or even GM for that matter. It's just another blow to his self portrayed of being a "builder" but in reality all that man is a destroyer and the sooner he is out of everyone's lives including yes Cult #45ers.

24. Vaderize03

Oct 25, 1999
    I’m a 42-year old father of three with one on the way, and I look great in dad jeans. Skinny ones, too.

25. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    47 (in two weeks) year old mother of two, I own two pairs of regular (Mom?) jeans and two pairs of skinny jeans, and I’m past giving a **** what I look like in them as long as they’re comfortable. :p And the skinny jeans work well with Uggs.

I also sort of expect both Romney and Obama to wear Dad jeans. It’s all good, not even on the list of things I didn’t like about Romney. His wife’s $10,000 T-shirt ranked much higher.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.