main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Marvel's Daredevil (Born Again, Again, Being Filmed Again)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Lazy Storm Trooper, Jan 7, 2014.

1. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Batman does. Seems to be a rich degenerate with dead daddy issues kinda thing.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2018
    Diggy likes this.
  2. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    It's niche, but Spork should definitely target the group.

3. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Snickers candy bar.

[​IMG]

Master_Rebado and Diggy like this.
  4. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Rich and degenerate. Dead daddy issues would come as no surprise.

5. Ezio Skywalker

Ezio Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
    I just finished season 3. The slow-burn plot was definitely reminiscent of season 1, though I also enjoyed the desperate chaos of season 2.

I really hope this show doesn't get cancelled.

I was a little disappointed that Matt never found a way to get the Devil suit back, or make a new one. But the Daredevil image was clearly tarnished by Bullseye and Kingpin.

I felt for Ray Nadeem but when it was revealed how his sister in law lost her medical insurance, I began thinking that Fisk was rivaling Ledger's Joker with contrived plotting.

And when it came out that Fisk pretty much owned most of those FBI agents, it became much less believable. It seemed more like the plot was forcing this than Kingpin's intellect.

A shame, imo, because there was some nice, believable tension back when the FBI was wondering how he could be playing them.

It went from "we need to involve our higher ups" to "yeah, we all work for Fisk. Have been since the beginning. Duh!"

Sorry about any typos. Google keyboard is definitely not my friend this morning.

6. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    I started watching S1 again, because I’m jonesing for DD. One big thing in S3 was how he didn’t kill. And it was an interesting morality play.

I’d forgotten, but within five mins of the very first episode he sends a fully dressed obese dude into the river at night. Okay, he might survive, but chances are he doesn’t. And nothing suggests DD care either way.

Never go back.

7. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    Binged it this week. Tremendous overall, though the finale had quite a few missteps.

The prison scene makes up for everything, though. Wow.

The Karen-Fisk scene was a close runner-up. Tremendously played by the two actors.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2018
  8. SHAD0W-JEDI

SHAD0W-JEDI Force Ghost star 4

May 20, 2002
    I didn't see a Thread for the NETFLIX Daredevil ...if there is one, apologies. (Sorry, just realized this IS the Thread for that too...for some reason, when I posted here, all I was seeing was ancient stuff about the DD movie)

Just finished Season 3 and wow. And WOW again. Loved it. Since I don't recall how to hide SPOILERS I won't put any here, but I thought they nailed every character, and the fight choreography was just amazing. You know, I think I enjoy the super hero fights of the less powered characters more, for some reason (Like DD, Deadpool, Cable, Winter Soldier, even Captain America to some extent). Maybe because they are "more than human" but just by a matter of several degrees? Maybe there is less CGI? But again...wow. If you like superheroes, generally, and haven't tried DD Season 3 (or for that matter, earlier seasons)...whew. You should!

Last edited: Nov 11, 2018
    Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  9. DebonaireNerd

DebonaireNerd Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 9, 2012
    Finished S3 over the weekend.

Excellent stuff. Better than S2....better than S1? Hmmmm......maybe not but it's a fair contender. A few lazy moments here and there while the Karen episode didn't do much for me and I felt the "rebuilding as the man in the mask" probably didn't require an entire season arc. Fantastic starting point but as a season long premise? Not so much since we had that in S1.

Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  10. ZanderSolo

ZanderSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2007
    Aaaaaand cancelled.

Why Disney.....Whyyyyy

This was probably my favorite show of the last few years, sans voltron (also ending)

Last edited: Nov 29, 2018
  11. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    Yeah, now that Netflix is officially a competitor of Disney's new streaming service, it definitely seems like they want to finish off these Netflix series for good and never look back. A shame. I've really enjoyed the Defendersverse while it's lasted.

Master_Rebado likes this.
  12. DebonaireNerd

Nov 9, 2012
    I guess the next seasons of JJ and Punisher will be the last.

Master_Rebado likes this.
  13. DebonaireNerd

Nov 9, 2012
    I have a feeling the Disney streaming service will pick up....Daredevil. Not sure about the others.

14. Master_Rebado

Master_Rebado Chosen One star 6

May 31, 2004
    RIP Celebrity Daredevil.

15. queen of the jackalopes

queen of the jackalopes Jedi Master star 1

Jul 8, 2016
    I am so irritated that they canceled it. It was one of the better shows on Netflix.

Rew likes this.
  16. DebonaireNerd

Nov 9, 2012
    It's the same network who cancelled House Of Cards (admittedly for logical reasons), Orange Is The New Black, Bloodline, and The Expanse.

The only thing that surprises me is that they haven't taken an axe to Narcos.

17. Bilbo Fett

Bilbo Fett Force Ghost star 5

Apr 19, 2017
    I wouldn't count on it. Some of those involved creatively in the Netflix shows have quietly hinted that none of them will be making the transition to Disney+ nor do they want them to. They essentially don't want to work with the movie folks who are going to be running the Marvel shows on the platform. The bad blood between Marvel Studios and Marvel Entertainment must run deeper than Kevin & Ike.

And frankly I don't expect to see anything as graphically violent as some of the Netflix shows often got on Disney+ unless it's some legacy Fox material, and maybe not even then.

Rew likes this.
  18. DebonaireNerd

Nov 9, 2012
    All I ask for is a direct-to-Netflix two hour movie length finale.

Everything that's required is there: Bullseye, Elektra still alive, the gang are back together, Fisk is behind bars.

Go for it.

Rew likes this.
  19. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony 16X Wacky Wed/12X Hangman Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Maybe they're cancelling all the shows because they're going to be the new Avengers in Marvel's Phase 4. Since Spider-man is in NYC and he's kicking off the next phase, maybe he'll partner up with The Defenders.

Or Netflix is cancelling them just to end the partnership with Marvel and maybe we'll see future iterations of the shows on Hulu since Disney owns it ( and since Disney+ will be geared towards kids/family).

20. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Per Sam Ernst, he and the other DD writers had storyboards for the entirety of Season 4, and were working on scripts when the rug was pulled out from under them yesterday.

Marvel's best on-screen property, flushed. Shame, but unsurprising.

21. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    I don't know what Disney's strategy is, but watching a series continue until all vitality and originality has been drained out if it is always unpleasant. I'd wish on any series the opportunity to end on a high note instead of cancellation in shame because everyone has lost interest. Season 2 was a disaster. The show redeemed itself with 3. Perfect time to shut it down.

22. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Oh that stinks. Charles Soule’s tweet about it was ironic

I will eventually watch DD, but the scenes I did see are fantastic.

BigAl6ft6 and soitscometothis like this.
  23. Yoda's_Roomate

Yoda's_Roomate Chosen One star 5

Feb 8, 2000
    Their strategy probably is based on the fact that theyre gonna launch their own streaming service so theyre cutting ties with everyone else and put everything in their service. I expect the same fate from other shows on cable/network, like Legion, Cloak and Dagger, Runaways and whatever else is out there. Now that the Fox deal is done, they are bringing everyone home and making it one big happy universe.

Consolidating the whole thing will take some time, but you have to start somewhere. The only show I expect not to get axed is Agents of SHIELD because its on ABC.

24. Bilbo Fett

Bilbo Fett Force Ghost star 5

Apr 19, 2017
    All of those shows you listed are on platforms Disney either now owns or will own, either outright or have a majority stake in, when the Fox deal is fully finalized.

25. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    I'm not at all surprised by Netflix so called "cancellation" of Daredevil. Back in September I post that the Netflix/Marvel collaboration wouldn't go pass 2019.

So, I'm not all disappointed that Netflix cancelled Daredevil, because these shows weren't not written or produced by Netflix, but rather ABC Television and their showrunners. Therefore, the showrunner and cast for Daredevil worked for ABC TV not Netflix. So, the showrunner and cast could easily be used by Disney/ABC TV on any of their networks or streaming services. Which means, these characters could have a better budgets to work with and could have more Marvel characters incorporated into the show.

And if this iteration of Daredevil doesn't find its way onto one of Disney's networks or streaming service, I find with that as the series had a perfect ending.

I'm sure at some point in the future Disney will find a way to use Daredevil, whether it be a feature film or another TV series.