main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT RYL: PT Social Thread - The First Annual RYL Awards (name pending)(TM) Day 5!!

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Seagoat, Nov 1, 2017.

?

Which "Disney Star Wars" movie is your favorite?

Poll closed Jan 3, 2019.
  1. Episode VII - The Force Awakens

14.3%
  2. Episode VIII - The Last Jedi

25.7%
  3. ROGUE One: A Star Wars Story

45.7%
  4. Solo: A Star Wars Story

2.9%
  5. The Pillar of Storge: A Pillar of Storge Story

11.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
  2. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
  3. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    How far can we go here??

4. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
  5. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
  6. Valency Jane

Valency Jane Force Ghost star 6

Jan 17, 2016
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bi...t-heading-towards-niche-status-vinyl-analysis This might be of interest; it’s from Sept. & has lots of numbers & such. :p And yup it mentions the moves Best Buy & Target have made w/cds. :)

Been hearing great hype for Bumblebee! :D Very exciting. Mom said ppl have been meh about Aquaman but I still want to see it. It looks like a fun ride. :D Kinda looks imo like a lighter version of Man of Steel mixed with Thor: Ragnorak.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2018
  7. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Apparently according to some VR leaks Valve is making games again. one will be set in the half life Universe.

s_heffley and christophero30 like this.
  8. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
    The last time I bought vinyl was late summer. Rogue One soundtrack which is 4 sides with great gatefold artwork. And MJ's Bad record new on 180G vinyl.

I saw those Thriller releases too @christophero30 but I've already got 2 original pressings of that record. Hopeing to find Dangerous new or used.

9. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    I find the whole Vinyl revival really weird. I like to have all of my music with me in a tiny device in my pocket, seems wasteful to make giant discs you have to keep in your house only, when there's such a great alternative already.

And I hear absolutely no loss of 'quality' when listening to MP3's compared Vinyl sound. Makes not one jot of difference to me in that department ;)

10. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I don't mind if people collect records or CDs or whatever I would just rather them be used than sit on some shelf.

Huttese 101 and Valency Jane like this.
  11. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
    I enjoy listening to music on vinyl, cd, and on streaming services, not to mention radio on occasion.

And there is most certainly a difference in sound quality with vinyl compared to digital. The files are compressed so much to meet a certain criteria that much warmth and overtones are lost, the dynamics are limited, and the drums and bass, in particular, lose some of the vibrancy of their groove and impact which is sorely missed when concerning the rhythm section.

And for some, vinyl is not a revival at all, but simply a longtime continuation of listening habits. Not to mention it's an incredibly fun hobby and holding the original artwork in your hands, while often reading the lyrics on the sleeve while listening is an enjoyable and edifying experience.

Ingram_I, s_heffley, Moll and 8 others like this.
  12. Dandelo

Dandelo SW and Film Music Interview Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Aug 25, 2014
    all this talk is reminding me of my dad's old Vinyl records.

John Denver, Fleetwood Mac, Leo Sayer to name a few...

LOL Leo Sayer, anyone remember him? :p

13. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    Just got the Platinum Trophy in Middle-Earth: Shadow of War! :D

It's probably been my favourite new game since it came out last October, I've kept playing it throughout the last year, particularly over the summer. Such a fun experience, and I really hope there'll be a sequel :)

14. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Wish me luck on my last final.

15. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Might be able to pop on before it starts

16. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    I thought your were supposed to be banned until after your Finals were over o_O[face_shame_on_you]

17. Dandelo

Dandelo SW and Film Music Interview Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Aug 25, 2014
    good luck on yer Final Johhny K Five! :D

18. Valency Jane

Valency Jane Force Ghost star 6

Jan 17, 2016
    [​IMG]Good luck! You’ll be fine I’m sure. :)

19. El Jedi Colombiano

El Jedi Colombiano Chosen One star 6

Jun 24, 2013
    You must not have the ear of an Audiophile then- the change in sound is quite noticeable- it gives the feeling of having the band or the singer right in front of you. And I’m also a nostalgic of a time I never grew up in so I love it personally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. Pensivia

Pensivia Force Ghost star 5

Apr 24, 2013
    i feel you B...

whatever the heck i'm still dealing with goes all the way back to thanksgiving week! (i think at some point i just caught a 2nd and 3rd virus as my experience of each round of symptoms was slightly different...but yeah, more than 3 weeks of continual cold symptoms of one type or another...not fun! tho i shouldn't whine as ppl like @Prime Jedi and @Dandelo have been dealing with way worse issues!@};-)

edit:
    ^which of course never stops me from doing so:p

21. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    luck does not technically exist, what you are experiencing is the totally random firing of electrons in your brain as your z, x, and 28th midochondrial chromosomes allow you to focus, and then the photosynthesis within your hands sends additional blood to your fingers to control each movement of your pen.

22. Huttese 101

Huttese 101 Sam Witwer Enthusiast star 7

Jan 19, 2016
    Amen. I feel the same way about books too. Don't just buy it to literally put it on a shelf. I'm not a big fan of form over function.

Gesendet von meinem SAMSUNG-SM-G935A mit Tapatalk

23. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014

24. Pensivia

Pensivia Force Ghost star 5

Apr 24, 2013
    oh, i'm totally the same way...when i was growing up (teen years), i always thought "why couldn't i have been growing up in the 60s?!"...i'm _very_ nostalgic for that time, even tho I never experienced it!

of course, now I'm also nostalgic for the 80s too:p

25. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    Good morning. The 70's were the decade of giant everything. Giant cars, giant speakers, giant records, giant stereos, and giant phones. Now get the **** off my lawn. [face_laugh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.