main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT RYL: OOM-9s Thread of Battle Droid Greatness - PT Social Thread (RYL Movie Night - Fri 7/26, 9 PM)

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by cubman987 , Jan 2, 2019.

?

July Movie Night - Friday, 7/26 at 9:00 PM - PICK 2 (all on netflix/can use free trial)

Poll closed Jul 15, 2019.
  1. Spider-Man: Into The Spiderverse

48.1%
  2. Scarface

14.8%
  3. Avengers: Infinity War

51.9%
  4. The Fifth Element

25.9%
  5. Ex Machina

22.2%
  6. Pick this if you want Heels to add the years to the movies like he's SUPPOSED TO

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Huttese 101

Huttese 101 Sam Witwer Enthusiast star 7

Jan 19, 2016
    Machines lifting machines?! How perverse!

Gesendet von meinem SAMSUNG-SM-G935A mit Tapatalk

2. Valency Jane

Valency Jane Force Ghost star 6

Jan 17, 2016
    Righto! Perfect opposites really. One is a feel good story about a family coming together while the other is a drama about a family falling apart. Something for everyone! Or if you’re like me you see both.

Omg bro was asking me about the Joker movie. :eek: Our interests are so varied it’s like we speak different languages & rarely have stuff in common to discuss, so that was awesome. :D

(He wasn’t impressed, didn’t like the makeup at all. We both hold Heath Ledger’s Joker as the definitive version, but I tried to get him to think positive. :p)

3. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    i agree with you both! :p

although lots of competition with jack and cesar - probably a generational thing. and mark, too, for the animated version. hope that joaquin works well, the movie looks really unique.

4. Prime Jedi

Prime Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Apr 14, 2018
    Yep, what has me hooked even more than that is the new Child's Play film being made, with Mark Hamill being the voice of Chucky this time, instead of Brad Dourif. I haven't seen the Child's Play films that have come out in the past few years, but I've seen all prior ones (the less said about Seed of Chucky, the better :p) but the scene in Child's Play 2 where the factory thing mangles and deforms all the dolls, with their arms and legs randomly sticking out, and the scene where they like blast Chucky with that plastic substance stuff or whatever it is used to scare me when I was younger :p

Oh, another ATLA fan! :D You can join JKF and I :p

Zuko was always my favorite character, imo he had the best character arc in the series, and the duel with Azula (the final one :p) is really sad. Iroh is a pretty close 2nd or 3rd, he's a mentor character on the level of Yoda imo.

5. Prime Jedi

Apr 14, 2018
    My boss back in 2017 when I tried to work advised me to eat Taco Bell while bathing in the blood of my enemies......my parents kept me from working there and I still don't know why.

:p

6. El Jedi Colombiano

El Jedi Colombiano Chosen One star 6

Jun 24, 2013
    ^:)^^:)^^:)^^:)^^:)^^:)^^:)^^:)^^:)^^:)^^:)^^:)^^:)^^:)^^:)^^:)^^:)^^:)^^:)^^:)^^:)^^:)^^:)^^:)^^:)^^:)^^:)^^:)^^:)^

LORD DANDELO HAS TOLD THE TRUTH, THE WHOLE TRUTH AND NOTHING BUT THE TRUTH!

7. Valency Jane

Valency Jane Force Ghost star 6

Jan 17, 2016
    PJ I’m excited about Child’s Play as well! :D

That factory scene was one of the parts I had the most fun with when I saw them last year. :p

(I skipped Bride & Seed, just didn’t feel like I needed or wanted to see them (chucky is gross & evil & doesn’t deserve a wife or offspring :p), so went on to the one where it’s the family in the house & girl in the wheelchair. :p)

1 is fine, 7th heaven mom is in it which was cool. I had fun laughing at the one at boot camp.

8. CIS Droid

CIS Droid AOTC 20th Anniversary Banner Winner star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Oct 21, 2015
    Wait, what?

Are they rebooting the childs play franchise? But what about the arc the last couple films were building up to, i was actually looking forward to how they would resolve the series after cult of Chucky.

Like, from what i remember both Curse and Cult were bot surprisingly decent. And while i love Mark, not sure he can replace Brad Dourif.

And nice to see more fans of Avatar , i love the show. We should do a full series watch someday, where we watch every episode together. Would take a while, but could be fun.

9. CIS Droid

Oct 21, 2015
    The one with the girl in the wheelchair is curse of chucky, which was followed by the most recent cult of chucky.

10. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Superbly stated!

11. Prime Jedi

Apr 14, 2018
    Yeah, let me just say, you're not missing out on anything when it comes to Seed, and Bride is slightly less bad. :p And i haven't seen either if the in a while, but the 2nd one stuck out to me the most; the parts I remember best were the factory scene and whenever Chucky kills the teacher or whatever in the classroom. :p 3nwas just weird, the only things i remember from it were grown up Andy weirding me out, Chucky cutting his leg one time and Andy not saying anything even though someone else was like right there, and the amusement park where Chucky gets half his face chopped off and then falls into a giant fan. :p

Now that I think about it, I want to list to ten things that terrified me the most when I was younger :p

12. Dandelo

Dandelo SW and Film Music Interview Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Aug 25, 2014
    haha thank you! thank you!

*bows*

*lands and gifts to you*

:p

13. s_heffley

s_heffley Chosen One star 7

Jun 7, 2015
    Dandy stop you've given so many lands and gifts.

Or have you landed and given gifts? We'll never know .

14. El Jedi Colombiano

El Jedi Colombiano Chosen One star 6

Jun 24, 2013
    To add to another of Dandelo's points;

I agree that shared universes don't really work in superhero movies- they seem to work better with the DC characters, but imo, and I know what I am about to say is very unpopular, it doesn't really work at all with the MCU.

One of the most jarring moments in the MCU has to be that scene in the first Avengers in which Captain America makes the statement that "there's only one God and I'm pretty sure he doesn't dress like that" directed towards Thor- which makes for an incredibly jarring and world-colliding kind of event. I mean shouldn't the people of Earth start to worship Thor now? The movies don't even know what to make of Thor- is he an alien? a God? what is he? Add to that characters like Ego from the GOTG movies and Dormammu in Doctor Strange, who are practically deities, along with the parallel dimensions presented in Doctor Strange, and you have a very confusing amalgam hodgepodge that makes no sense and really shouldn't be brought together to co-exist. There is no Cosmology; it is all added there simply to keep people interested while not saying anything.

I much prefer stories like Star Wars, where George created a universe that feels organized and makes sense within itself- it truly is a "Modern Myth" in every sense of the word, and where a true Cosmology can be said to exist.

Also keep in mind, I enjoyed Infinity War (although I don't think it holds up very well in subsequent viewings) and I'm looking forward to Endgame, but this is how I feel in respect.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2019
  15. Dandelo

Aug 25, 2014
    it's the mysteries of all mysteries :p

but you are correct, soon there will be no more land...except the moon, so I will give bits of moon and gifts :p

16. Dandelo

Aug 25, 2014
    @El Jedi Colombiano that's a very interesting point you make about religion, and rather interesting they introduced such a concept of gods in both Marvel and DC comics.
    With DC greek gods are real, as evidenced by Mars in WW, not to mention WW herself to some extent. Marvel you have Norse gods, only I believe in that case they are simply super strenghed aliens with advanced tech that our ancestors worshipped as gods (somebody correct me if I'm wrong :p )
    it's funny when watching B vs S and you have Lex waffling about God being tribal, ergo, cannot be fully good, you begin to wonder which 'god' he is referring to...the God of Abrahamic religions? Shiva? Buddha? or Zeus?

best not think about it too much, your brain will melt :p

Last edited: Apr 3, 2019
  17. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
    Yeah, I'm so excited. This looks amazing. And I heard it's probably rated R too.
    I'm just going to assume it's part of the DC multiverse like in the comics where multiple versions of characters exist.
    Joker is such an awesome character because he lends himself to endless interpretations that are usually excellent. I like Leto as an actor, but his Joker was weak, imo, so I'm glad JP is getting a shot at the character, even if it is for only one movie maybe.

And yeah, The Killing Joke is a classic story. One of the best graphic novels ever. I liked the animated movie too.

18. CIS Droid

Oct 21, 2015
    Yeah, Leto did not come across as a good Joker, and the things he did behind the scenes to "get into character" is just weird. I know he got a lot of his screen time cut, but still.

Agreed, there are so many great interpretations of the Joker, I'm excited to see how this one will be.

The Killing Joke is wonderful, the movie had an unnecessary first act with BAtwoman, but is a pretty good adaptation. Always nice to have Mark Hamill as the joker.

19. PCCViking

PCCViking 7x Hangman winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Jun 12, 2014
    What's interesting about the new Child's Play is that it opens the same weekend as Toy Story 4.

So, two movies about toys with minds of their own, only one is for kids. :p

20. Dandelo

Aug 25, 2014
    glad you liked it Dags!

watch Son Of Batman if you can :)

21. Dagobahsystem

Sep 25, 2015
    It does look intense.
    And I think so; like a Joker origin story that will stand on it's own. Although if it's a success they might always bring JP back for more, either another Joker film or cameos in other DC projects.

For now, I'm just enjoying the ride as I'm really enjoying all the DCEU films so far. Great time to be a fan, imo. [face_party]

22. Dagobahsystem

Sep 25, 2015
    Thanks! I'll check it out.
    @CIS Droid
    I liked the Batgirl backstory tbh.
    It helped give more details to one of my favorite characters. It's not perfect, but I thought it was pretty good overall.

23. Dandelo

Aug 25, 2014
    well, I dunno I think Toy Story is more adult orientated now with darker themes and not really suitable for younger audiances

such as in the trailer

a spork that tries to commit suicide because he feels expendable is not something you should be promoting to impressionable youngsters, not with the sudden wave of young suicides at the moment due te to social media, feeling suicidal is no joke, trust me. I already think number 3 is too dark, as many know

24. PCCViking

PCCViking 7x Hangman winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Jun 12, 2014
    Good point.

25. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Since I reached the Gravity Falls shorts in my rewatch, I decided to do some extra sketches before bed.

First I tried to sketch the formidable Ducktective, and his partner, Steve:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Not my best work, you can see I got the scale backwards, Ducktective should be the smaller one. Also I didn't have room to fit in all of his deerstalker hat ;)

Next I decided to unleash my inner @CIS Droid by drawing something a bit more horrifying, Octavia the eight-legged cow:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This one's better, I like the many jutting legs and crazed face :p

More Clone Wars sketches to come tomorrow probably :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.