main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Star Wars Episode IX Trailer!

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Leoluca Randisi, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Roosterq

Roosterq Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 6, 2017
    I doubt you get any clear shot of Luke at all, but maybe just his voice at the end, so you (GA) wonder if he's back or not. I doubt we get much substance from the first teaser, but more like the original TFA trailer, just random action scenes of the Heroes, and then Lukes voice at the end. And of course the title

Last edited: Apr 4, 2019
  2. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    It'll be more substantial than the first TFA teaser. That was only released because Iger wanted it and it was unusually early for a teaser. Eight months out is a much more traditional release so I'd expect something on par with the trailers released in April for TFA, Rogue One and TLJ:

3. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    If they want to keep what Luke looks like or what type of role he'll have a complete mystery, maybe JJ will end the trailer with Rey looking at something in astonishment and we stay on her face but hear Luke's dialog from TLJ saying "No one is every truly gone."

That could be cool.

4. RogueZero

RogueZero Jedi Master star 2

Mar 17, 2009
    One week till Celebration and we get the title, teaser and poster!!! 8-}

5. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    7 more days

dekaneas likes this.
  6. dekaneas

dekaneas Jedi Master star 3

Sep 14, 2014
    It’s painfull

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
  8. Alien Vanguard

Alien Vanguard Jedi Master star 3

Jan 1, 2015
    I'm hyping myself up by watching teaser #2 for TFA. It still gives me goosebumps!

dekaneas likes this.
  9. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    5 days to Celebration. Don't you think they will not manage to keep all under wraps until the IX Panel?

Last edited: Apr 5, 2019
  10. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    My suspicion is that they will distract people with Mandalorian footage and upcoming project announcement as (while completely cool stuff in their own right) a placebo for the masses so that they can hold onto Episode IX as long as possible.

11. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    I’m actually okay with that. I’m eager to see IX content but I also hope they keep certain things secret and save their surprises. If they give us Fallen Order content, and maybe a Kenobi or Lando TV show announcement, I’m a happy Gungan. [face_laugh]

12. Darth Dookacas

Darth Dookacas Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2014
    I expect the trailer to show a little more than the trailers for TFA and TLJ. I have a hunch that Kylo and The Knights Of Ren will lead off the trailer. Their is a mystery still surrounding them and we all know JJ loves mystery. The trailer probably starts dark in tone then build to the light. The trailer needs to establish the threat is bigger than we thought to bring doubt to how the heroes will win. If the trailer does that well it will hook people in. Also there needs to be some action elements that look and feel unique. It can’t look like Battle Of Endor part 2.

13. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    I, for one, am incredibly anxious to get excited about all of the imagery and dialogue we get next week that will not be in the film at all.

Let the speculating with no payoff begin!

14. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    Is the Mandalorian Panel on Thursday? also does anyone know when the first youtube coverage starts for Celebration Chicago? Is It Thursday at 11:00AM?

15. dogprivilege

dogprivilege Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2015
    I don't really think they'd make FG Luke the hook for the trailer or film. Just feels too regressive at this point in the story. My guess is it'll be Rey and Kylo fighting or the KOR. Some would say we've already seen Rey and Kylo fighting, which like sure, but I think there is the opening to hype up a more dramatic and climactic duel between them at their full powers. Rey igniting a new lightsaber also could've been a good hook.

miasma likes this.
  16. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Maybe the Ep. IX trailer will include a shot of Rey turning and looking at the camera while she's standing in front of a bunch of lights as the they turn on!

17. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    The true ballsy move would be no trailer. It would drive everyone insane, from die hards clamoring to dissect every frame, to haters seeking validation that the sequel trilogy is awful.

JoshieHewls and Luke02 like this.
  18. Darth Dookacas

Sep 29, 2014
    They definitely won’t do that. Haters are going to hate this trilogy no matter how good Episode 9 turns out. If they hate TFA and TLJ I doubt highly this trailer will change their opinion. Die hard fans will be let down but we aren’t going anywhere either. We would just wait deal with the frustration of waiting then rejoice when the trailer does drop. I have to give JJ and company credit for keeping a tight lid on Episode 9. I am shocked there hasn’t been any leaks about the trailer or major spoilers yet.

19. miasma

miasma Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 29, 2013
    If Luke has a significant role in the film, then that would be a cool way to handle him in the trailer. But if his role is small, then it's probably best not to hint at him in the trailer at all. I'm picturing if the TLJ trailer showed the scene of Luke turning around and saying, "Master Yoda...." Fans would have gone nuts and started concocting all sorts of over-the-top theories about how insanely bad-ass Yoda would be in the film, and how he's probably going to get at least thirty minutes of screen time, and how he'll probably fight the KOR, etc, etc (because that's what SW fans tend to do), and then there would have been a ton of disappointed people. Instead, by not hinting at Yoda's inclusion in the film, most people ended up being pleasantly surprised by Yoda's small, quiet scene.

indydefense and Darth Dookacas like this.
  20. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002

Vohnkar likes this.
  21. ewoksimon

Oct 26, 2009
    No doubt, I'm expecting a teaser trailer next Friday. I just love fantasizing about the internet melting down if it didn't happen.

And by the way, if we want Luke's presence in this teaser, I think there's a good chance it could have a similar structure to the teasers for TFA and TLJ, with Luke's voiceover accompanying mysterious imagery in the first half.

indydefense and Luke02 like this.
  22. Darth Dookacas

Sep 29, 2014
    I think Luke will have less screen time then TLJ but be even more significant in Episode 9.

indydefense likes this.
  23. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    Do we know for a fact that we will get a trailer in 7 days, or are we speculating here?

24. ewoksimon

Oct 26, 2009
    It's widely assumed it'll be shown at the Episode IX panel at Celebration Chicago next Friday.

25. Ubraniff Zalkaz

Ubraniff Zalkaz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2014
    JJ has had the best trailers so far, so I'm pretty pumped to see what he has in store.