main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate The US Politics discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ghost, Dec 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Juliet316

Juliet316 Time-Traveling F&G Moderator star 10 Staff Member Moderator

Apr 27, 2005
    I'm rather fond of Highlander 2

PCCViking likes this.
  2. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Arnold.

More interesting was his "blunt" message to "the neo-Nazis and to the white supremacists and to the neo-Confederates," which began: "Your heroes are losers. You are supporting a lost cause. Believe me, I knew the original Nazis." He explained that he was born in Austria in 1947, right after World War II, and growing up he "was surrounded by broken men, men who came home from the war filled with shrapnel and guilt, men who were misled into a losing ideology. And I can tell you that these ghosts that you idolize spent the rest of their lives living in shame. And right now, they're resting in hell." He said it isn't too late to change course, and he wasn't buying Trump's "fine people" excuse for the Charlottesville marchers.

"If you say 'Arnold, hey, I was just at the march, don't call me a Nazi, I have nothing to do with Nazis at all,'" Schwarzenegger said, "let me help you: Don't hang around people who carry Nazi flags, give Nazi salutes, or shout Nazi slogans. Go home. Or better yet, tell them they are wrong to celebrate an ideology that murdered millions of people. And then go home."

3. Yoda's_Roomate

Yoda's_Roomate Chosen One star 5

Feb 8, 2000
    So, Puerto Rico is about to get hit by another hurricane, because tropical storm Dorian is expected to hit us as a Cat 1 hurricane. Now while its not supposed to split us in half like Maria did, it will pass close enough to probably do some damage. People are going insane here. We are still suffering from Maria PTSD. You should see people at the supermarkets, its chaos.

On top of that, it was reported today that the electrical system is still as bad as it ever was, meaning no reconstruction has occurred. The doppler radar in the middle of the island to track the storm/hurricane is broken, and FEMA just took away all the satellite phones they give out to select government officials for these emergencies, and no one knows why.

Its supposed to reach us Wednesday afternoon, so if you dont hear from me, I lost power. Tell Trump to send the nukes please.

4. appleseed

appleseed Chosen One star 5

Dec 5, 2002
    Sad thing is you know if he decided to nuke a hurricane, the Republicans would support it.

5. Yoda's_Roomate

Feb 8, 2000
    Slow day, so here's a story about bedbugs at Trump's Doral resort. LOL

https://thehill.com/homenews/admini...doral-after-saying-property-is-frontrunner-to

President Trump on Tuesday denied there were bedbugs at his Doral golf resort in Miami after he suggested holding next year's Group of Seven (G-7) summit there.

The president accused "Radical Left Democrats" of spreading a "false and nasty rumor" that the property had a bedbug problem.

No bedbugs at Doral. The Radical Left Democrats, upon hearing that the perfectly located (for the next G-7) Doral National MIAMI was under consideration for the next G-7, spread that false and nasty rumor. Not nice!

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) August 27, 2019

Trump's critics began mocking the idea on social media using the hashtag #TrumpBedBugs, which began trending on Twitter on Monday.

The Doral property settled a lawsuit in 2017 with a former guest who alleged in July 2016 he had been bitten by bedbugs during his stay a few months earlier, The Miami Herald reported. The guest claimed the villa where he stayed had a "severe bed bug infestation."

blackmyron and Jedi Merkurian like this.
  6. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    I liked this story in August 2017 too.

SuperWatto and Adam of Nuchtern like this.
  7. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    [​IMG]

IT’S NOT UNDER CONSIDERATION, THOUGH!

Just because someone says “You guys should do the thing,” doesn’t mean it’s actually happening.

8. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    Is it legal for the president to advertise his private business like he just did?

9. Darth_Duck

Darth_Duck Chosen One star 5

Oct 13, 2000
    As host of the next G7 summit DT has 100% control over the choice of venue. As he's been repeatedly musing about his property, and only his property, it's a safe to say his property is under serious consideration as a venue.

Sent from my SM-G390W using Tapatalk

10. Yoda's_Roomate

Feb 8, 2000
    Donald Trump is now angry that Puerto Rico is about to get hit yet again by another storm. He seems to be angry at us.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  11. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    The hurricane Tweet was fabulous. "My God, another hurricane? You gotta be kidding me. Haven't we done enough already to help this ****hole country that is actually part of America?"

Not too late to sell Puerto Rico to Denmark

Last edited: Aug 27, 2019
  12. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Cats and dogs living together

It is this steadfast support for democracy that makes Soros’s latest gambit so confusing. The liberal philanthropist has joined forces with fellow billionaire Charles Koch in founding a foreign policy think tank, the Quincy Institute for Responsible Statecraft.

seattlemusicnerd likes this.
  13. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
  14. Rylo Ken

Dec 19, 2015
    That cuts an impressively wide swath of insensitivity!

Everyone should eat pork! Vegans should eat pork! Jews should eat pork! Muslims should eat pork! Hindus should eat pork! LOL!

15. appleseed

appleseed Chosen One star 5

Dec 5, 2002
    Pork is freaking horrible for you. I try not to eat it.

Darth Guy and Runjedirun like this.
  16. bluealien1

bluealien1 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 14, 2015
    *hides porkchop behind back* uhhhhh

17. Rylo Ken

Dec 19, 2015
    There are so many ways to tell people you don't give a damn about climate change, and eating pork is definitely one of them.

18. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    JCC Phrase Of The Day

yesterday: merchandise canon

today:

19. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    "Yeah but bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste good."
    "Hey, a sewer rat may taste like pumpkin pie. But I'll never know 'cause I Wouldn't eat the filthy moth#$@&$#er."

seattlemusicnerd likes this.
  20. Vaderize03

Vaderize03 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 25, 1999
    Mayonnaise on fries. Royale with Cheese.

What is the world coming to?

21. Vaderize03

Vaderize03 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 25, 1999
  22. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    Will it ever end?

23. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    Its a political magazine. It's what they do. Not every negative story is the end of the world.

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  24. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    They have impressively wide swaths of insensitivity at their disposal.

Rylo Ken and Vaderize03 like this.
  25. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    Bacon tastes good...pork chops taste good...
    [​IMG]

appleseed likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.