main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The New Definitely Not Improved Even More Horrible Than The Last Two Rumors Thread

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth Chiznuk , Dec 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aximili86

Aximili86 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 28, 2018

Yeah, that's how I interpreted the throne room first time seeing it too. It's theater. Had no idea where it was going to go from there in a third movie, but it's pretty clear that whole thing was crafted in a sense that this isn't the main game.

Palpatine was a surprise, personally, but between that and all the TFA Jakku/Observatory/long game with Rax stuff, it's all there and has been from the start.

2. AhsokaSolo

AhsokaSolo Force Ghost star 7

Dec 23, 2015
    Palpatine doesn't even have to be the name she takes. Rey has two parents, like anyone. They can't both be named Palpatine.

3. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    Lol. Skywalker was started with a slave woman that didn’t know who the father was.

4. Harbour

Harbour Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 15, 2015
    I really really really miss Drew Struzan's posters. Why not ask his help? All ST posters are either passable or terrible.

5. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 7

Nov 21, 2012
    It would seem that Kylo Ren being Supreme Leader Big Bad is also a red herring.

Alliyah Skywalker likes this.
  6. jeangreyforever

jeangreyforever Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2019
    Thanks for posting! I think I may have been getting confused with the GOT leaks thread then which were compared to TLJ. But at the end of the day, the issue wasn't that Endgame was being compared to TLJ but the fact that the leaks were full of rampant hate and dissatisfaction. All of which was alleviated by the release. I'd like to imagine TROS will have a similar reaction especially because even Reddit seems to be a lot more amiable to the leaks now compared to when they first sprouted.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2019
  7. alwayslurking

alwayslurking Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 21, 2019
    Maybe one of Rey's parents was named Skywalker (no relation... it's like Smith in the GFFA, right?). Her parents also coincidentally leased the Lars homestead for a number of years. Rey's ending is therefore a beautiful tribute to her parents who sacrificed their lives to save her. :p

8. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    she didn't say she doesn't know who the father was, she said there was no father.

and? Not sure what the Skywalker origin being from slavery has anything to do with my post?

And Rey descends from Royalty. ST tries hard to sell anyone can be a hero but it seems only as long as you have specific bloodline or name, lol. And Rey ends up with both.[face_rofl]

9. AhsokaSolo

AhsokaSolo Force Ghost star 7

Dec 23, 2015
    Wait what isn't a red herring in this trilogy? lol

TFA: Finn is a red herring for Rey being the only Jedi

TLJ: Snoke is a red herring for Kylo being the big villain
    Rey looks/acts/feels like a Skywalker is a red herring for Rey Nobody

RoS: Kylo is a red herring for Sheev being the big villain
    Rey Nobody is a red herring for Rey Palpatine is a red herring for Rey Fakewalker
    Finn and Rey being mystery boxes with no family is a red herring for Lando finding his long lost daughter we are just meeting

I know there's more but I'll be here all day if I try to remember them all.

2Cleva, wobbits, tymaux and 4 others like this.
  10. Christopher Blair

Christopher Blair Jedi Master star 4

Dec 23, 2015
    naw kept kira aka rey and emo luke, but yes did throw out midichlorians. Clone wars was still george lucas though, he had his hands on everything, it had to be approved by him which is fine it is his company but lets not act like george was hands off. as far as clone wars I like a lot of it and think a lot of it was bad especially the animated movie and first season. I watched a whole documentary about the last game lucasarts games was making and how george caused major problems. the game dealt with thevunderworld and he wanted all new characters, which is fine, but right before E3 aka a big gaming event he said he changed his mind and wanted the main character to be boba fett, this is after the devs motion captured an actor and got all the VA done for the original character he said he wanted at first, so the team had to go back and try to fix things in a hurry for lucas, but then 6 months later george sold the company to disney and we all know they shut them down and went to EA. pt being lucas does what lucas wants.
    this quote right here shows lucas was/and is concerned
    [​IMG]

so once again george why didnt you make the movies you wanted to make, why sale them to disney, than complain about it. Like I said sounds like to me lucas wanted to use disney as a shield.

as far as hayden, he tried to distance himself as far as he could from star wars, he didnt want to talk about them and he sure wasnt going to show up at a convention until disney

11. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    I like the TFA poster as a sincere callback to Struzan's work, but yeah, he's inimitable and would have improved their position significantly.

12. DarkGingerJedi

Nov 21, 2012
    What?!? We've been following the wrong Skywalker family all this time?

13. Alliyah Skywalker

Alliyah Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Dec 18, 2017
    From the leaks it sounds as if Finn might be a red herring for "who is Lando`s missing kid" for a bit but then it ends up being Jannah. Or the other way around but with JJ, I see more the former happening.

wobbits, AhsokaSolo and starocean90 like this.
  14. Harbour

Sep 15, 2015
    We actually dont know how old is Skywalker's lineage. What if it will turn out Skywalker's power skips few generations and Shmi's grand-grand-grand-grand-grandfather was Darth Revan. Revan Skywalker.

New canon and shet you know. What a twist.

starocean90 likes this.
  15. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    that is something I don't get how is the Lars Homestead abandoned for 35 years? There is no way a property like that wasn't seized by anyone, whether legally or illegally.And we are talking about Tatooine, the home planet for scum/villainy and Sand people.

the whole ending is way too meta on top of the whole Luke dies while watching the twin suns shtick, lol. Now the ST and Saga also end with the heroes watching the twin Suns.

I feel like emotionally Rey Related to the Skywalker is the only ending that makes her being there more emotionally satisfying. Her taking the name makes it all the more hallow/artificial/forced ending....

16. cerealbox

May 5, 2016
    Of all those, your “Rey Fakewalker” isn’t a red herring. Since she chooses that name.

That’s not what’s a red herring is

17. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    movie should end with Rey visiting Naboo to bury Sheev's robes and to visit the planet of her ancestors.[face_devil]

how dare she honor someone else's family but not the relevant one?:emperor:

18. superstardestroyer-1

superstardestroyer-1 Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 20, 2002
    Yes. and I always thought that too. The foolish child would think he's the new leader, but the curtain would be pulled back to reveal he was being played or tested and the real big bad would reveal itself.

19. cerealbox

May 5, 2016
    Because she didn’t know them but knows the Skywalkers

20. DarkGingerJedi

Nov 21, 2012
    Rey is a real Skywalker, like Snoke is a real Big Baddie.

Alliyah Skywalker and AhsokaSolo like this.
  21. cerealbox

May 5, 2016
    Since Kylo is not the TROS big bad, I’m surprised anyone still has doubts he won’t get redemption.

I could understand if TROS marketing only showed him as the Supreme Leader Big Bad and no sign of Palpatine, but now.......

22. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    and she knew the Skywalkers well? Barely spends time with 2 and they die and you can't say she knows Kylo well either. All that's left is Leia....might as well honor New Alderaan instead

that is still very forced and remember the Lars Homestead was only relevant to Luke, even Anakin it's only the place he buried his mom, it's more of a horror for him and even Shmi she was kidnapped while living there.

the ending is just meta to end the Saga where it began, it doesn't seem to make sense inuniverse.

wobbits, ChildOfWinds, Aiel and 2 others like this.
  23. Dandelo

Dandelo SW and Film Music Interview Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Aug 25, 2014
    I like the poster.

That is all.

24. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    Maybe Palpatine Force-created his own twins to be his Force-dyad, and they're Rey's parents. Its just Force-incest, nbd. :p

25. Harbour

Sep 15, 2015
    Sounds like Palpatine. [​IMG]

Dandelo likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.