main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The New Definitely Not Improved Even More Horrible Than The Last Two Rumors Thread

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth Chiznuk , Dec 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Harbour

Harbour Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 15, 2015
    I dislike Kylo character, true, but i said that this ending fits the story not out of spite but because i honestly see it the logical end for a character that only did bad things in the trilogy and only did something good in the very end.

What an alternatives do you see? I mean, that fits this story.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2019
  2. RokurGepta

RokurGepta Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 23, 2010
    Same here. I used to be hugely anti-spoiler, but lately don’t really care, I just want to know what happens. But I also don’t want to give people like JW clicks that translate into monetary gain, because I think it’s kind of gross that they’ve turned it into a business. Bad enough they’re leaking stuff when they know JJ and Co. don’t want plot details getting out, even worse that they make money off of it.

3. AhsokaSolo

AhsokaSolo Force Ghost star 7

Dec 23, 2015
    Kylo destroyed the Skywalkers as one of them but DGAS about anything besides this girl he doesn't know but likes to assault. He also likes to whine and throw temper tantrums. I think a pathetic ending works very well thematically, just like it did the villain in Gladiator.

4. Harbour

Sep 15, 2015
    Big true. I had the same impression.
    I mean, the creators intention was obvious to make him somewhat an anti-hero, but after the process of storytelling the result was pathetic villain. Pathetic death makes perfect sense.

5. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    I haven't been following his leaks super close, but yeah that's generally what I've seen from him too. And what's funny to me is that he clearly editorializes/speculates in all his material, so he was trying to defend Kylo's TLJ rehabilitation even when it's obvious to anyone with half a brain that the character is not going to be the future of the franchise. Driver will be off doing bigger, more reputable work than SW, and Rey was always meant to be the new baby-face of the franchise, so when Abrams came back there was really no doubt that she would be the focus, and yet he (JW) wanted to choose a side. Hopefully his voice will be less influential in the future. A LOT less.

6. Harbour

Sep 15, 2015
    Though on second thought id reserve my judgement on will Kylo's death be shown as pathetic or not. On the paper it sounds like one, but maybe in the movie itself it will be served as more tragic and powerfull. Who knows.

7. Dukeleto69

Dukeleto69 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 27, 2017
    Actually I kind of liked the idea of essence transfer and Palpatine maybe needing to possess a new host body (Snoke / Kylo / Rey / Luke) and maybe Kylo's redemption could have been something like forcing Palpatine to transfer into him and locking him in before sacrificing himself somehow ultimately preventing Palpatine's essence ever transferring again. Perhaps the muguffin is the device/Sith amulet that would enable this lock in.

8. Dandelo

Dandelo SW and Film Music Interview Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Aug 25, 2014
    The Exorcist: In Space.

KSennia and Miles Lodson like this.
  9. Neesh

Neesh Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 2, 2019
    JW makes his money off of leaks. So, there are going to be leaks regardless of their validity. Yeah, he's been right sometimes but I still mostly regard him as a grifter.

10. TechnoTerror

TechnoTerror Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 26, 2019
    I guess it depends on what you mean. If he dies, it would make sense to give him a meaningful death, than a dismissive one. Since they seem to be using his redemption as a pivotal moment. I would hope he would do something climatic...

If he lives, it's simply about following through the path he was on. Leaving in peace, in hopes of trying to heal than destroy. The future is what he makes of it...

So, after(I assume) a redemptive, emotional beat: the intent is for Kylo to be viewed in a similar light as the villian of Gladiator, to the audience?

11. Ender_and_Bean

Ender_and_Bean Chosen One star 6

May 19, 2002
    Again, like politics though, there are the equivalent of hardcore partisans, and there are moderates. I’ve been a moderate Reylo who has engaged with many other moderate Reylos both online and in real life and for many moderate Reylos we had more modest wants that seem to be fulfilled that were less extreme than the more partisan Reylo demands.

1. Don’t make them brother and sister or cousins.

2. Give Ben redemption.

3. Make his redemptive arc about him moving from selfishness to selfless toward Rey.

4. Strongly imply he’s willing to die to protect her because he’s realized a healthier way to express how he feels about her.

5. Have this change and that sacrifice mean something to her.

That’s what I as a moderate Reylo wanted. That’s what many of my friends hoped for who find them intriguing. We knew it would be unrealistic to go much beyond that and that the messaging would be rough if they went much further. We wanted a tragic what could have been if only he’d realized this earlier in life with the dark side fantasy opposite being the what could have been if she’d found darkness first and then met him on the same side. IX seems to be going there and IMO anything more Reylo than that was not realistic enough to be considered possible for endgame.

12. Lord Exor

Lord Exor Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2019
    I've been mentioning that...

Glitterstimm and Dandelo like this.
  13. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jedi Master Frizzy Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
  14. Dandelo

Aug 25, 2014
    OH, sorry I mainly just skim...always ends up with Reylo stuff :p

Anyway...sucks doesn't it?

15. AhsokaSolo

Dec 23, 2015
    Thematically? Should be. Putting aside hardcore Reylo/Kylo fans that think he shouldn't be held accountable for anything post-redemption (which itself highlights how pathetic this character is that he supposedly is such a "baby” consequences can’t apply to him), what is the narrative point in this Skywalker only doing something good because he “loves” Rey? What about doing something good for his family? Nothing impacts him, except this stranger that he has terrorized relentlessly at that point. It’s a pathetic arc.

16. ForceGhostPrincessLeia

ForceGhostPrincessLeia Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 22, 2018
    Wow, busy day. So JW is claiming to actually have seen dyad footage? I wonder who's getting called into HR right now. Hopefully JW ;)

17. alwayslurking

alwayslurking Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 21, 2019
    That's something I'm confused about. Here is the text from the most recent leak:

My source on this tells me that it looks clear to them that it was Sideous’ plan for Rey to kill him, take over and carry on his legacy, but sucking the life out of them and rejuvenating himself was his contingency plan.

I can't tell if this is just a poorly structured sentence grammatically. To me this reads as Palpatine's plan is for Rey kill him and take over for him, with a contingency plan to suck the life from her and rejuvenate himself if the Rey killing him thing doesn't work. Palpatine's motivations in these leaks are ridiculous and all over the place.

18. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    Its obvious if Kylo gets zapped down the pitt it will be seen as a tragic circumstance. Rey will likely react with anger ect ect.

But at the same time. when i hear falls into the mist. i just hear Smokescreen thats hiding something. and if thats the last we see of him in the film, i will have a hard time believing he is dead. even maul had a bigger fake death and he was sliced in half and fell down a non-misty pit.

19. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I feel like this thread is having a bit of a mental breakdown.

Amdrag and Dandelo like this.
  20. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 7

Nov 21, 2012
    That nice young school shooter just needs a girl friend to set on the right path and give up genocide for goodsies. But trust us, Ben will go on to do lots of good things in the comics ... barf

21. Dandelo

Aug 25, 2014
    ok...I don't frequent reddit, like, at all

but this comment has the to be the best I've ever read on there:

For those of us who are part-time lurkers. What’s a Reylo? Chocolate with a caramel center?

22. Ender_and_Bean

Ender_and_Bean Chosen One star 6

May 19, 2002
    Just because he’s saying it doesn’t mean he means it. He told Luke to kill him, too. Like think about it. How would we truly know he means it this time any more than when he told Luke to strike him down in all of his anger and hate.

23. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    I completely forgot about that whole thing. Whatever happened to that? JW was clearly misled about that whole idea (just like the idea about the duel between Luke/Rey and the KOR/Kylo in TLJ).

What if Praxis has been the fake leaker the whole time in order to get MSW to corroborate on false info?

24. AhsokaSolo

Dec 23, 2015
    Right. Putting the shipping stuff aside, this is a terrible character arc. If he and Rey had history before he fell, I could maybe see it, but they’re going with love at first abduction. It’s really shallow and dumb and makes his character look like a child in a man’s body. Except he is a man, not a child, so a consequence of that is it comes off pathetic to me. I have always thought the Gladiator villain was the right parallel for Kylo. They’re like twinsies.

25. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    No its always like this. i sometimes think i am the only sane one here :DO:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.