main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The New Definitely Not Improved Even More Horrible Than The Last Two Rumors Thread

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth Chiznuk , Dec 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    [​IMG]

Captain B, starfish, Amdrag and 4 others like this.
  2. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    Just wait to the trailer drops!

[​IMG]

Neesh, Amdrag, RetropME and 2 others like this.
  3. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 7

Nov 21, 2012
    I'm saving my mental breakdown for the movie. This ... this is all practice.

4. Dandelo

Dandelo SW and Film Music Interview Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Aug 25, 2014
    yup, it makes absolute zero sense that either Praxis is tooling us Poe Style or he's being Huxed.

Palps: kill me darling granddaughter :D
    Rey: no, I am a Jedi, a Skywalker, like...those other Skywalkers before me
    Palps: so be it......
    Rey: you gonna kill yourself?
    Palps: no I'm gonna suck the life out of ya Winnifred Sanderson style and rule myself! hhehehehehe

Last edited: Oct 11, 2019
  5. Alliyah Skywalker

Alliyah Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Dec 18, 2017
    That`s the Sheev we know and love, forever trying to get killed but noone will take him up on it so he has to come up with all these contingencies. Did you not know that he actually wanted to be killed by Mace but then Anakin came in and ruined it so Palpatine, on the fly, came up with the back-up plan to turn Anakin, destroy the Jedi via Order 66 and start an Empire. ;)

6. Ender_and_Bean

Ender_and_Bean Chosen One star 6

May 19, 2002
    If Commodus was as skilled and powerful as the protagonist and fell in love with the protagonist and changed and was willing to die for the protagonist.

Otherwise, the only thing they share is that both are evil Emperors with childish temperaments in anger beyond the aforementioned differences that we know will come into play for much of IX’s running time. Ben Solo’s redemption sounds like it’s going to run the entire 3rd act of IX.

7. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Also...Why can't we have leakers who are least nice and have some class instead of crass....I like crass from time to time but still.....I mean I'm not against leakers on principle, believe them or not at your own risk, but still....If I were a leaker I'd just report what I have and say...Take it or leave it....All I hope for is the best.

RetropME, Neesh, Dandelo and 2 others like this.
  8. Alliyah Skywalker

Alliyah Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Dec 18, 2017
    Kylo isn`t as skilled and powerful as Rey, no matter what the lip service in the movie says. He is a mop she wipes the floor with.

9. ForceGhostPrincessLeia

ForceGhostPrincessLeia Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 22, 2018
    I would love this so much. And I know people who would actually go to that much effort in such an endeavor.

Neesh and alwayslurking like this.
  10. Max@TSWP

Max@TSWP Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 21, 2014
    Yeah, it's not like he's gotten TFA, Solo, Rogue One (even with the re-shoots) and TLJ right. Not to mention Rebels and the Manadalorian spoilers too.

Seriously, how much does the guy need to earn in credibility with some people? I've known Jason for years and had a blast as the regular co-host on the NTIP podcast for a year. The guy truly works hard to disseminate what he gets, how it makes sense- and all of it - to protect his sources and give us spoilers. Sure, this is his job and he makes a living from it, but he's actually in the freaking bushes, on the Mandalorian set.

I'm not suggesting you believe anyone 100%, but calling Jason a grifter after six years of steadfast work that panned out, common. I mean really.

DarthRosie and CrazyOldJedi like this.
  11. DarkGingerJedi

Nov 21, 2012
    And if Palpatine was behind it all, the FO, etc, then why did Snoke want Kylo to kill Rey, Palpatine's granddaughter, as some final test of dark side devotion,? Palpatine can't benefit from the dyad, and can't bequeath his Empire to Rey if she's dead.

But you know. All...part of the plan.

12. AhsokaSolo

AhsokaSolo Force Ghost star 7

Dec 23, 2015
    If Commodus wanted to change for the protagonist because he developed a crush on him, yup still pathetic.

They're both whiny and insecure, endlessly threatened by better people than them. They both take their insecurity out on the innocent. They both seek power for pathetic reasons, not for any ideology or purpose.

If Kylo had ideology or purpose, he could not shift on a crush. Meanwhile, if he had a soul, a crush wouldn't trump his loving parents and everyone/everything they devoted their lives to.

13. TechnoTerror

TechnoTerror Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 26, 2019
    Is that what happens though, dramatically? It seems his redemption is spurred by an appeal from an incarnation of Han. It seems his redemption has much to do with his family. The death of Leia, it seems, impacts him quite a bit...

I think whatever he feels for Rey is just a component of it....

Although, the execution of his arc will probably be poor: I don't feel it's intended to be pathetic...

14. AhsokaSolo

Dec 23, 2015
    From what I've gathered from JW, Kylo comes back out of love for Rey and this is a reylo movie. That's what I'm answering.

15. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    That'll drive people away. Trust me.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  16. Lord Exor

Lord Exor Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2019
    I'm going off of what Paxis has stated. At any rate, we learn that Palpatine lied about being defenseless in ROTJ, and Vader was there to stymie Luke's effort anyway, which judging from Palpatine's laughter, seems to have been the expected reaction. Moreover, it's made quite limpid that Palpatine was seeking yet another servant while attempting to convert Luke, not a replacement.

In TROS, Palpatine truly does appear to be entirely helpless prior to the rejuvenation, and again, Paxis seems to believe said rejuvenation was a backup plan in case Rey refused to kill him.

Alliyah Skywalker and Dandelo like this.
  17. DarkGingerJedi

Nov 21, 2012
    And Commodus did have an incestuous crush in that movie, on his half-sister. She was repulsed by him, but feared his power and what he would do to do her son. She finally turned against him, and he certainly did not change because of her. She left his dead body on the ground, and honored the real hero.

This is actually what should happen to Kylo. Rey should leave his dead body and go help the real heroes, Luke and Leia.

18. Amdrag

Amdrag Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 26, 2008
    This thread is becoming Jason Ward? :p

RetropME, DarthTalgus, Neesh and 2 others like this.
  19. alwayslurking

alwayslurking Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 21, 2019
    Plus, even if Palpatine wanted Rey to rule the galaxy, why does she need to kill him in order to do that? Wouldn't it make more sense for him to have her kill Kylo and then rule with him? Instead, he's just going to beg Rey to kill him and hope she ruthlessly rules the galaxy after he's dead?

20. Ender_and_Bean

Ender_and_Bean Chosen One star 6

May 19, 2002
    They’re close enough though. She’s shown as more powerful in the same way her grandfather was shown on film as more powerful than his grandfather but both can fight. Commodus couldn’t.

21. Amdrag

Amdrag Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 26, 2008
    The issue is the quality of his leaks have been very low quality since TFA. Knowing the name of a planet or character is one thing. But plot and stuff like that? He hasn't been much without the shot list that he had for TFA.

Also let's go back to TFA. Where he was completely lost without the shot list. Because he was one of the dudes thinking we were getting evil Luke and/or imprisoned Luke based on concept art.

22. AhsokaSolo

Dec 23, 2015
    Did I miss a leak rewrite changing up how Rey beats him every time?

23. Dandelo

Dandelo SW and Film Music Interview Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Aug 25, 2014
    oh man I can just see it

*alternative ending...Rey turns bad*

Rey: but I need help...I need someone to show me how to rule the galaxy...I know nothing of galaxy affairs, politics, ruling an empire is not like bypassing compressors granddad

Palpatine: *dying from a lightsaber wound* force download all you need to know...a thousand generations of past emperors and sith lords live in YOU now *dead*

24. TechnoTerror

TechnoTerror Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 26, 2019
    Ok, but I'm discussing it wholeistically. Based on the leaks, it seems that his redemption is not just "puppy love." I think it's intended to be more complex....

I guess my point is, if his redemption angle is successful: I don't believe Kylo is to be viewed as a pathetic villian. I think the intent is a prodigal son...

If thats case, I don't feel "unceremoniously thrown down a pit" is thematically coherent...

25. AhsokaSolo

Dec 23, 2015
    I think you’re probably right about the intent, but intent is moot to me. Kylo’s crimes make him incapable of the “prodigal son” concept, but regardless, coming back out of a love for Rey is either there or not. If it’s there, it’s clearly the trump card. Killing dad certainly wasn’t.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.