main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The New Definitely Not Improved Even More Horrible Than The Last Two Rumors Thread

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth Chiznuk , Dec 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Nobunaga

Darth Nobunaga Jedi Master star 2

Jun 1, 2018
    Dear God, these leaks make The Crystal Star look like a pristine epic on par with Thomas Malory's Arthurian Romances. I'm still reeling at the fact we're going to get an explanation for how Lando got separated from his transparently shoe-horned-in long-lost daughter, but not how Emperor Palpatine--the chief antagonist of the previous six films--survived being utterly destroyed.

I also love how a chief focus of the First Order is to go around kidnapping children in order to staff the fleet of Star Destroyers. Y'know, the ones that have been wandering the Unknown Regions for potentially years, probably took decades to build...and yet children are being rounded up to serve as soldiers on this fleet NOW? Before the final battle? What sense does any of this make? Is this just another last-minute attempt to paint the FO as "evil, yucky badmen who twirl their mustaches and kidnap the poor innocent children"? What illogical nonsense is this?

I can't wait for when this film comes out. The reactions online are going to be glorious.

1977-2014. That's where the canon ends, as far as I'm concerned.

Dude, that was me four years ago. I was bored with these characters and story within months of having seen TFA.

This. These films have virtually turned the disparity between intent and audience reaction into an art form. They will likely intend things like Han giving him the "never too late speech" and being chucked into an abyss as some kind of impactful and endearing arc, but it's going to net a completely different reaction from the audience.

After all, these are the same films that wanted audiences' hearts to skip at the sight of Rose giving Finn a speech about the power of love, and then kissing him in the middle of war-zone. I don't think I'd be incorrect in assessing that the scene didn't exactly land the....enamored audience reaction that the writer was hoping for.

Off-topic and nothing to do with anything, but Audrey Hepburn is CUTE. @};-

2. Amdrag

Amdrag Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 26, 2008
    All that time we spent on Ahch-To with Kylo was amazing!!!!!!

Legit question. Why is he going around claiming he feels like a fraud, if this is all going well?

3. Ender_and_Bean

Ender_and_Bean Chosen One star 6

May 19, 2002
    Rey is coming into her own as a woman and figuring out what she likes and who she is. If that’s a jacked man in high pants then so be it. As the grandaughter of a Sith Lord I cant blame her for being drawn to Kylo Ren.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2019
  4. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
  5. Alliyah Skywalker

Alliyah Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Dec 18, 2017
    What do you expect, the requisite parody scene like they are in a car spaceship together, sitting next to each other and then she accidentally drops something so she leans down to grab it and then accidentally something lands on her back, pressing her down? Like Scary Movie: Star Wars?

6. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    And if I remember correctly wasn't he given that shot list by IndieRevolve (''Not that is a name I haven't heard in a long time) or was it millenniumfalcon.com? So it wasn't even his own sources that gave him that info.

7. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    If there is any Reylo.
    [​IMG]

not only is Reylo disgusting but it will make me dislike her character.

8. Ender_and_Bean

Ender_and_Bean Chosen One star 6

May 19, 2002
    I literally have no clue what any of this means. Never seen a single one of those movies.

9. Amdrag

Aug 26, 2008
    Well, you are clearly attracted to him.

10. ForceGhostPrincessLeia

ForceGhostPrincessLeia Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 22, 2018
    Yeah, we know you think she liked being tortured. That has nothing to do with who her grandparents might be and I don't think I can even blame the writers for that twisted view of it, because as inept as RJ was, he at least didn't actively write our protagonist getting off on being tortured. JJ pretty clearly wrote her NOT enjoying torture. So who can I "blame" for this current creepiness? [face_thinking]

11. Amdrag

Aug 26, 2008
    Doth protest too much. Especially with all the softcore fanfiction writing you do here.

12. Bananakin_

Bananakin_ Jedi Master star 2

Dec 3, 2016
    I feel somewhat uncomfortable right now.

13. ForceGhostPrincessLeia

ForceGhostPrincessLeia Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 22, 2018
    I think that's the goal.

14. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Discuss the posts not the poster.

15. RokurGepta

RokurGepta Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 23, 2010
    Any time a jacked man in high pants enters the conversation somebody’s bound to get uncomfortable.

16. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    All those others times the characters, locations and story matched up with every single spoiler MSW revealed, was even more amazing. You know, 95% of everything else they've put out there.

You're insisting that if someone's not 100% accurate, they are 100% unreliable.

Look, I don't care if you think the guy's a jackass, not funny, or is an awful writer (he's definitely the latter). But stop being deliberately disingenuous about his track record. He's the most reliable source of Star Wars rumors on the internet. By a long shot.

17. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    for Rey.
    [​IMG]

I thought it was for his father whom he killed......

18. Dandelo

Dandelo SW and Film Music Interview Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Aug 25, 2014
    I've got to say..

I am both bemused and fascinated at peoples reaction to this Reylo stuff.

It seems to be the main cause of so much fan rage :p

While I'm mostly caring what happens to classic characters like Luke, Leia and now Palps :p

I'm not a Reylo by any means btw. It's just my LEAST main concern about this whole thing :p

Also..Driver doesn't make for a very convincing bad guy, hoping he does better as Ben.

19. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    You can't be serious with this, Ender. If so, it's not helping your case. :)

20. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    I mean Rey being in love with Kylo who destroyed Luke's legacy and his own family is a slap on the face to the classic characters. Dude's a monster.

21. Amdrag

Aug 26, 2008
    You mean imprisoned Beckett and Han, who both worked for the Empire. How Han met Chewie on Kessel?

Can you name all the plot details he got right for Rogue One, Solo and TLJ? Knowing a character or location is in a movie is very different then getting the story correct. Again, without his shot list, how much of TFA did he get right? It certainly wasn't evil/imprisoned Luke.

Also you downplay how important that scene was in TLJ. He got so many things wrong in that one scene he either made up or was fed completely incorrectly. Kylo is never on the planet. The Knights of Ren were not in the movie. Luke's lightsaber shows up exactly once in the film, its the flashbacks.

Going over concept art is very different then knowing the actual plot of the film.

22. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Admit it. You're sitting on your computer shirtless, with high-waisted pants on. But not jacked at all.

23. Dandelo

Dandelo SW and Film Music Interview Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Aug 25, 2014
    while I don't disagree at all.

Do you say the same about this at Vader's redemption?
    [​IMG]

seems to me the same kinda thing happens, he sees the light, the emperor kills him...

surely then, what is ok for one redemption is ok for the other right?

It's not like Ben survives (as I've heard at least) and lives out the rest of his days like nothing happened and lives happy ever after, I can more than understand the outrage if that happened.

Captain B likes this.
  24. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Dude, I'm done with this willful ignorance. Yes, I could produce such a list. And it would take hours. Because there are pages and pages of RO, TLJ, TFA, Solo and TROS spoilers that match up with the films, as well as known early versions of the films (that have been officially confirmed). If I do that research, you know your case will be weak - though the weakness of the case is already evidenced by the fact that you keep repeating one specific rumor (which was classified by MSW themselves as not fully reliable) to support your point. But you're banking on me deciding not to spend a whole day of my life digging up MSW articles and pasting their contents into a document. And you're probably right. Because I don't feel like doing work for trolls.

ETA: Just as an example of a leak on a film that most fans simply accept MSW had no sources for, here is an MSW rumor about RO from 10 and a half months before its release - January 31, 2016 (story spoilers bolded).

And another from a few days before:

And a story description of K2SO's role from March 2016:

25. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    Vader was redeemed by his son who idolized an image of his father not by a school girl crush who ignores that he butchered fellow class mates, wants to destroy her, destroys his own family too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.