main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The New Definitely Not Improved Even More Horrible Than The Last Two Rumors Thread

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth Chiznuk , Dec 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Folks-there's absolutely NOTHING supporting Reylo.

I'm starting to see JW as another Mike Zeroh with a little more actual information but still making as crazy of speculations.

Didn't Praxis provide the pics of the characters a while back? Has he provided anything else that has been verified? I'm wondering what is actually going on whether those character pics were "leaked" on purpose to gain credibility.

This has been the trippiest spoiler leakage we've had for any movie. We get
    1. JW saying stuff
    2. then it's refuted
    3. JW posts different information
    4. praxis come out with information that expands upon the JW info but changes some things
    5. JW says he got the same information-thus refuting some of his own intel
    6. praxis then comes out with reshoot info which ends up refuting quite a bit of what had been leaked
    7. JW doesn't say anything about praxis' new information (from what I've seen) but says something about Reylo

I mean-this is REALLY HELLA weird stuff going on!!!

Last edited: Oct 11, 2019
  2. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I'm married, Bor. Sorry. :p

3. Dandelo

Dandelo SW and Film Music Interview Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Aug 25, 2014
    which is just as problematic if you think too deeply about it

Rebels: I can tell you stories about Vader, like younglings
    Luke: *sticks fingers in ears* lalalalalalala not gonna listen lalalalalalaaaaaaaaa

LOLOLOL fair enough since you put it like that :p

4. RokurGepta

RokurGepta Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 23, 2010
    Every time I’m ready to leave this thread out of frustration and never come back, somebody milks a spider, or a jacked man in high pants shows up, and I wonder what else I’ll be missing if I leave

5. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    it's not really problematic, he even says it, he can't kill his own father cough Kylo cough.[face_devil]

And we are talking about someone who's been told stories about his father from the Lars and then Kenobi all his life as in + stories about him. Those feelings will outweight what he will hear. His purpose was to save his father's soul and Vader actually shows numerous hints/changes about wanting to be rescued (even palps sensed that Vader was different) unlike Kylo who all of his hints are fake and are about getting what he wants.

6. Amdrag

Amdrag Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 26, 2008

Joystick Chevron likes this.
  7. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    Its ok because Luke didn't know about the kids killing. so Luke has no reason to be disgusted right? i mean what you do not know doesn't hurt you.

I mean he did try and behead Obi-Wan but he vanished lucky enough so its all good. But that would certainly have been an awkward sight to behold.

Presumbaly he also did not know about the people being killed while trying to get the deathstar plans in that awesome horror movie style corridor death rate. so again its cool.

Although really. Vaders legacy is meant to be horrifying. we are meant to assume Vader for 20 years was a monster the galaxy feared for a reason. even more than the Emporer really who was mostly in the shadows while Vader did the killing.

And this guy became one with the force. got back his youthfulness and presumbaly can do stuff like create lighting out of the sky and appear at will. while most dark siders, if not all do not get that reward for their religion.

8. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    there is nothing comparable between Kylo and Vader save for the family relation and Kylo being a wannabe, that's it. Everything else is completely different, feels like too many use Vader getting redeemed as an excuse to redeem Kylo (rehashing ROTJ). And Kylo rejects constant appeals to stop as well, because it's not what he wants.

IX starts and he's butchering people and still after power. Seems like only being a loser and supposed Rey is what makes him change, lol

9. Amdrag

Amdrag Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 26, 2008
    Thank you for proving my points with your edits. That is looking at concept art. That isn't story details. You wrote exactly what I said was the only thing he was getting right consistently, and he was clearly assuming things based on it. :eek:

Neesh and ForceGhostPrincessLeia like this.
  10. Ender_and_Bean

Ender_and_Bean Chosen One star 6

May 19, 2002
    For the past 2 years some were complaining about Twilight. Well, what this reveal does is make her Dracula’s granddaughter! I’m dead serious that it will recontextualize not only her journey and numerous moments with him but also her own dark moments in the saga as well. It will feel more like he woke up the evil within her and then she bonded more with him after that.

Meanwhile, the Vampire she bonded with doesn’t want her to live the life of darkness he lived and fights against what he helped create and sacrifices himself to help save her. After she heals him.

Reylo rationality increases from all of these developments. They don’t decrease.

Had they made them siblings or cousins even or made her a random with no known dark side evil in her past history they’d have avoided this but when you give fans this:

[​IMG]

Then you’re not helping to squash thoughts of this:
    [​IMG]

And on the flip side if you show that she was right and did see the light within him then you aren’t squashing this idea either:

[​IMG]

And by giving Ben the Jack treatment at the end of Titanic (unless it’s implied he survived) then you’re taking all of that and turning it into more of a Titanic Star Crossed “what might have been” situation you’re avoiding all of the negativity and hard questions that would have come from showing them together at the end while giving audience members enough to speculate on what might have been for decades to come.

11. Joystick Chevron

Joystick Chevron Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 31, 2017
    Isn't this kinda the point though? He's got a reliable source for concept art. No one questions that. He got the Sith Trooper armour in advance. The Praetorian guards. Even the pivotal role of Justin Theroux. But concept art isn't necessarily the plot. You can extrapolate plot points from context clues (ex. a different code name from the other rebels indicating he's not with them), or even important moments depicted in concept art, but that doesn't necessarily mean he actually knows the full plot rundown.

And now I'm just imagining everyone in that movie with these impressive mustaches that never came to fruition. Instantly a better movie. 10/10 mustaches.

Neesh, wobbits, Amdrag and 1 other person like this.
  12. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    And its fair to say Vader wouldn't either. even for Ahsoka in rebels. he has his chance to think of his padawan and all the memories he had. Clone wars as a show likes to at least assume Anakin cared about her. instead he said nope I'd rather kill you. and all this is meant to be canon.

This is what Vader is about.

13. Dandelo

Dandelo SW and Film Music Interview Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Aug 25, 2014
    RE: leaks and spoilers

If only the spoilers for this trilogy were akin to this :(
    theforce.net/episode3/jtf/aayla_secura.asp

14. AhsokaSolo

AhsokaSolo Force Ghost star 7

Dec 23, 2015
    What an awesome parallel. Even someone with a super deep and abiding connection to Vader couldn't penetrate his seduction to the dark side. But woof, that Kylo Ren's crush that he only knows through assault is something else!

15. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    The point is that these leaks are from a film where everyone still assumes MSW had little to no information. And no, it's not just concept art. There are story details in there as well.

But if I really wanted to destroy the "MSW doesn't know anything about story details" I could go through every MSW article and bring up all their TFA, TLJ, Solo, RO and TROS story rumors that were confirmed, either by the films or by official sources. But there are hundreds of pages of that stuff, and I don't feel like catering to people who prefer lazy attacks over truth.

ETA: But since you insist on holding your ground, despite everyone knowing how shaky it is, here's a little snippet of the kind of story spoilers MSW revealed, well before there was even a trailer or any official story information (this one from TLJ - March 24, 2016):

So what were you saying again?

Oryx-I likes this.
  16. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    by that point, he didn't care about her, when he found out she was alive he was more interested in using her to find Kenobi (get his revenge). One has to remember 20 years of rage and anger building up, he doesn't care about anything or anyone at this point.

but Luke is a chance at something he lost, a new chance and he has too much Padme in him....

17. Geminiwankenobi

Geminiwankenobi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 10, 2016
    I am seriously, not understanding why people are not seeing who that actually represents the most in SW cinema (not the tv shows). That's not Palpatine, that's not Kylo.

That is Darth Maul.

Darth Maul has recently been brought back onto the big screen, literally so he can just be killed off?

No, there is something being set up with Maul and the sequel trilogy. Several things from Solo have been brought into the ST already. Now this: Maul/Rey standing in front of the cave mirror.

This is not Reylo

This is something to do with who Rey is and no im not saying she is Darth Maul's demon spawn either.

spacebaby45678 likes this.
  18. AhsokaSolo

AhsokaSolo Force Ghost star 7

Dec 23, 2015
    Oh yeah, I get it. Shockingly I don't buy the premise that we must love all redemption on principle if we liked Vader's.

19. reyvision

reyvision Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 12, 2017
    I think MSW does have reliable info, but he tends to fall back on his own speculation a lot when relaying information. When he said Han Solo/random mom was Rey's parents, it was just him speculating based on leaks he'd heard. His speculation can be... pretty dodgy. His actual leaks are usually more solid.

20. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    The son he never knew vs the Padawan who looked up to him and he knew. kill her, its fine.

I guess some things are more complicated than that though huh? its fair to say Vader probably wasn't prepared to turn to the light for his son originally. this wasn't an oh my son is alive? i am suddenly feeling redemptive now.

21. JohnWilliamsSonoma

JohnWilliamsSonoma Force Ghost star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    Dude

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

22. Darth Nobunaga

Darth Nobunaga Jedi Master star 2

Jun 1, 2018
    Correction. Kylo Ren's crush built over the course of two days that he's only known through assault. Somehow she can appeal to Kylo's good side, but his own parents who he's presumably known for years can't get through to him.

Actually wait, according to the new leaks, Han's ghost appeals to Kylo, and somehow that's the final nail that sways him over to the light side. Even though Han's attempts to reach out to him last time didn't work and resulted in him getting impaled on a lightsaber, but it somehow magically works now.

It all makes sense, I promise!

23. Adept

Adept Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2006

Well, can't exactly trust his speculation if this is true.

24. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

@Bor Mullet

Do you think problem comes from how the leaks are presented...for example THESE LEAKS

Plot points...Easy to digest.....JP leaks have a bit to much detail instead of something like

• Palpatine is in a human body
    • Kylo and Rey team up to kill Palpatine
    • Force Ghost help kill palpatne
    Stuff like that.

In fact if anyone here who believe the leaks wants to narrow them down to less then one sentence bulletins ...Please...do so...I know I'm not doing it but still ;p

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2019
    Bor Mullet likes this.
  25. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    It has to be remembered several things happen in this movie. even if Ben does have feelings for Rey. that probably wouldn't be fully enough to make a difference anyway. but then its said that Leia dies and Kylo and Rey both sense it, but Kylo takes it the hardest. Kylo aka Ben is weakened by his mothers death. Rey stabs Kylo. heals him. then Ben is said to lay on the wreckage of the deathstar presumbaly a conflicted mess, he doesn't just get up and continue, he does nothing. and Han showing up is probably the final straw to it all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.