main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate Going Postal: The 2020 U.S. Presidential Election

Discussion in 'Community' started by Point Given , Nov 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    Exactly, indeed I would never copy and paste a post of yours, if I disagree, and mock it on facebook.

MrZAP, Darth Guy and CT-867-5309 like this.
  2. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    I'm not mocking these people lol, I'm showing people here what we have to work against.

3. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Not fond of the "painting all liberals with the same brush" (or substitute any other group for "liberals"). Over-generalizing is not a good tactic.

4. Lord Vivec

Apr 17, 2006
    lol funny how that only gets mentioned when it's centrists looking bad.

there are people who are literally trying to make not helping others sound woke but vivec's the villain here

Last edited: Oct 20, 2019
  5. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    nope, over-generalizing again. I have spoken up against other posts in the past when I've felt it necessary.

6. Lord Vivec

Apr 17, 2006
    uh huh we'll see

liberals still suck regardless

7. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    You are not the villain. You are just showing us tweets nobody cares about. No big deal.

MrZAP, tom and Bacon164 like this.
  8. Darth_Duck

Darth_Duck Chosen One star 5

Oct 13, 2000
    It's a quick and easy way to get a dunk on the libs.

Sent from my SM-G390W using Tapatalk

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  9. Lord Vivec

Apr 17, 2006
    this is actually the most hurtful thing that's been said to me all thread

Alpha-Red, CT-867-5309 and 3sm1r like this.
  10. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    I just don't see the value in picking out random dumbasses on Twitter. They don't have any more public influence than we do. Their individual opinions are nothing. It's not like a billionaire talking head on MSNBC with millions of viewers seeing her declare those who support Sanders over Warren "sexist." That's more of the sort of thing we have to work against.

11. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Elizabeth Warren plans to release her Medicare for all plan. More specifically, how she will pay for Bernie’s plan without raising costs on the middle class. So unlike Harris, not changing Bernie’s plan, but finding a way to address costs. I’m curious to see what that will look like. I still don’t see how taxes don’t go up, but if she and her team has found a way that reduces that’s tax amount further than Bernie, that would be something and would definitely hurt something like Pete’s Medicare for all who want it and Biden’s “if it’s barely working, let’s keep it!”

And bonus as it could help Bernie too. We shall see.

12. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Taxes will go up, but I don’t think they need to go up on the middle class unless one considers multimillionaires “middle class.”

Warren is not likely to flat-out say “taxes will go up” though. If she did, and became the nominee, Trump’s campaign will play a clip of her saying “taxes will go up” over and over again.

I’m sure he’ll play a similar clip with Bernie saying it but Bernie doesn’t give a ****, nor do his supporters.

Rew, Valairy Scot and Yodaminch like this.
  13. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    Given her waffling on the issue I would be shocked, SHOCKED if it were a watered-down version.

Glitterstimm and CT-867-5309 like this.
  14. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    So, of the various plans, I still think Harris' (?) plan is the one I like the most (unless she's changed it again, which is always possible). I think this is where everyone is?

Medicare-for-All, no private insurance: Bernie, Warren (and Gabbard?)
    Medicare-for-All, plus allowance for secondary private insurance: Harris
    Medicare-for-All-Who-Want-It; ACA with a public option: Buttigieg, Klobuchar
    ACA with expanded access, without a public Medicare option: Biden
    ACA "as is" - Steyer (?)

I can't recall where Castro and Booker are -- but I think Booker is in the Harris or Pete/Amy lane and Castro may be full M4A? Yang probably wants robot doctors.

3sm1r likes this.
  15. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    Gabbard has backtracked to talking about "choice." Go figure.

MrZAP likes this.
  16. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    That's just what Putin wants you to think! :p

17. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    This is really the power of Warren. When it comes to build up a policy proposal, understand it deeply and explain it in a clear way, she can basically out-smart anybody else. Whatever her plan will be, I'm confident that it's going to be solid.

18. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    In that exchange, I had my second “OMG STFU Hillary” moment this week, with the first being her dumbass comments about trans people.

However, Tulsi’s reaction of ‘Come at me you stupid *****’ was no better.

19. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    I think it's only a matter of time before Hillary takes a shot at Bernie. When it happens, I just hope she gets all the scorn she deserves. She's not helping her party by going after Tulsi, especially not in the manner she chose. I don't think she cares though. I'm worried she would rather let the party disintegrate and lose to Trump again than let it move on from her. If she's waiting for the candidates to praise her, thank her for her legacy and say she deserves respect than she is delusional. I don't think any of them would even accept her endorsement if it was offered, it would do more harm than good.

The next time she has an interview, they need to ask her who invited Ghislaine Maxwell to Chelsea's wedding.

3sm1r, Abadacus, Lord Vivec and 2 others like this.
  20. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Castro is close to Harris, actually. M4A, but allow private insurance for the above and beyond stuff.

You know. What the best countries in the world wrt medical coverage do.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  21. Lord Vivec

Apr 17, 2006
    Harris doesn't have a position. She's waffled back and forth a couple times now between Bernie's position and Medicare for all who want it. How can anyone trust that she will even support m4a a month from now?

MrZAP, Glitterstimm, Abadacus and 4 others like this.
  22. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I mean, it's pretty clearly laid out here: https://kamalaharris.org/healthcare/

Same as everyone else who has a plan (on their website). You may think she'll change it, but it's written down.

The only thing different from her plan from when I initially heard it is that there's no mention of private insurance post-Medicare phase in (hers is 10 years), which is specifically what I'm looking for. /shrug

23. Lord Vivec

Apr 17, 2006
    As we all know, when someone running for president has a policy written down on their website, it's basically a magical contract that forces them to keep with that policy. We definitely should not be using things like their behavior during the campaign trail or debates or anything like that to decide whether we trust them to keep to it.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  24. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    At the end of the ten-year transition, every American will be a part of this new Medicare system. They will get insurance either through the new public Medicare plan or a Medicare plan offered by a private insurer within that system. Seniors will see stronger Medicare benefits than they have now. We will cover millions more people who don’t have health insurance today. And we will reduce costs, save our country money, and ensure that no American has to sacrifice getting the care they need just because the cost is a barrier.

Her plan expands Medicare Advantage.

25. Pensivia

Pensivia Force Ghost star 5

Apr 24, 2013
    heh, I read it twice as "Nat Turner":p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.