main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The New Definitely Not Improved Even More Horrible Than The Last Two Rumors Thread

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth Chiznuk, Dec 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    I was thinking more about the whole laughing off doing a Disney + thing. i mean its ok to say he is a movie star, but isn't it more that creative integrity should come first?

2. AhsokaSolo

AhsokaSolo Force Ghost star 7

Dec 23, 2015
    JB has done Netflix. He’s going to watch SW on Disney+. He just doesn’t want Finn on the small screen. His point was literally about creative integrity. He said the appeal of Rey, Finn and Poe is in the three of them together. He doesn’t want a Finn solo story.

Not that he would deserve any of this criticism if he simply had made the professional decision to stick to feature films not sent to streaming. That’s as valid a choice as any.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2019
  3. Adept

Adept Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2006
    John tends to be upbeat and funny in his interviews so him laughing is not a sign of arrogance. Further more he's doing a Netflix movie called 'They Cloned Tyrone' and we haven't seen how they treat Finn's character in TROS. I mean Ewan Macgregor was DONE with films after the Prequels for awhile, perhaps John is just DONE with Disney.

Addendum:

I should be fair, John may just be DONE with Lucasfilm...Perhaps if Disney (or Marvel) offers him a good role he'd be interested.

Neesh and Korv like this.
  4. Roosterq

Roosterq Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 6, 2017
    I still think the problems with Jake's performance, as well as the rest of the poor performances can be firmly placed on the shoulders of George Lucas. GL is one of the greatest story tellers of all time, but as a screen writer and director is sucks horribly. Jake was just doing and saying what he was told, just like HC and his creeper love thing with Padme. If you replace the ultra corny lines and the creepy, and whiny persona of Anakin throughout the PT much (not all) of what was railed against goes away.

5. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    That's why I'm here! [face_coffee]:emperor:

6. Adept

Adept Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2006
    Clarification: Fans love GOOD villains, it's why Loki, Killmonger, Darth Vader, Borg Queen, Khan Noonian Singh, Azula, Hannibel Lecter, Pennyise, Annie Wilkes remain beloved characters.

wobbits and 2Cleva like this.
  7. Christopher Blair

Christopher Blair Jedi Master star 4

Dec 23, 2015
    “I ain’t getting no Disney Plus!” he says. “I’m watching it, though, but I’ll stay in the feature films.” you obviously did not read the whole interview because that is a direct quote. he said he would come back to do movies if Daisy and Isaac did but he has no interest in TV shows anymore.
    And Boyega made clear that he would hypothetically be interested in making another “Star Wars” movie.

“As long as Daisy and Oscar are down for it, then I’ll come back,” he says.

8. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    I read an interview that he would make SW movies again when they get back to the OT style with myths, story arcs and all this

leelaamidala likes this.
  9. Christopher Blair

Dec 23, 2015
    Yeah I'm not defending George Lucas as a director he is horrible always has been. that's why I rate A New Hope as my least favorite of the original trilogy it had bad acting and bad writing. My point is this the Jake Lloyd was a bad child actor. there are good ones and there are bad ones and he was a bad child actor, but he shouldn't have received death threats.

I also think though the actual shot composition was also bad in the prequels. once again take attack of the Clones and the speeder chase scene in the beginning the movie. It looks like a bad Universal theme park ride there was better CGI 2 years before that movie in The Matrix there was no excuse for it to look so bad. Heck The Fifth Element had a scene much like that scene and it was shot a 100 times better

tymaux likes this.
  10. Christopher Blair

Dec 23, 2015
    I have not found that article and I'm posting direct quotes from him. where did you get that info from

11. RokurGepta

RokurGepta Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 23, 2010
    I thought I read somewhere last week that he said he wasn’t interested in being in a Marvel movie.

12. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    "Boyega believes in the themes previously established within the Star Wars franchise, rather than the focus on the realism introduced in The Last Jedi, and would only return to the character if the future story encapsulated those classic characteristics. “The banter, the bickering, the undercover romances that then manifest an epic moment. That for me is Star Wars. It's not hyperreal or realistic or grounded. Don't do any of that. It's like connection, family, friendship. If they're going to do it in that direction, then absolutely.” "
    https://hypebeast.com/2019/12/john-boyega-star-wars-rise-of-skywalker-interview-cover

13. Alien Vanguard

Alien Vanguard Jedi Master star 3

Jan 1, 2015
    You're right about the horrible CGI. Attack of the Clones came out the same year as The Scorpion King, and they both were (and still are) painful to watch. Compare them to The Lord of the Rings from 2001 and see the difference. Hell, look at Jurassic Park from 1993 (!).

tymaux and Christopher Blair like this.
  14. Adept

Adept Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2006
    Which is why I said 'Perhaps'. I know he wasn't interested in playing 'Blade', and I also know he wants to have a little more say in how Stories are told (After his experience with LFL I'm not surprised) which is why he has his own production company now. Behind the scenes we don't know what type of roles he may have been offered. If the TV stuff has been noticeably of poorer quality than his film offerings...then yeah I can see how he'd be less thrilled at the idea of doing TV shows.

Here's something to consider: https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottm...-stewart-emily-blunt-box-office/#68f7141f170e

So if that's the kind of planning coming out of Disney + perhaps John has some well founded concerns.

Neesh likes this.
  15. Fin McCool

Fin McCool Jedi Master star 4

Apr 18, 2015
    I hear what Boyega is saying. One of the weirder turns of the ST is the move to separate Rey and Finn. The characters share a meet-cute, show good chemistry, and both have an awkwardness born of circumstances that could have been developed into a romantic storyline. Finn is devoted to Rey; Rey is touched by his devotion. But then, aside from glances and subtle innuendo, it's gone by the end of TLJ.

And this isn't even completely an RJ thing, as the end of TFA puts Finn in the "friend-zone."

Shamear likes this.
  16. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    That guy’s a pretty terrible interviewer with the blatantly leading questions. He’s clearly trying to push actors into agreeing with his particular fan interests. Here’s one example to Daisy Ridley:

“How much do you adore the Reylo aspect of fandom?”

So Daisy has to adore it. He just wants to know her level of adoration? It’s pretty insulting to Daisy.

17. leelaamidala

leelaamidala Jedi Master

Jan 3, 2003
    Yeah here's another reinforcing that he preferred the OT dynamics "I guess the original Star Wars films there was much more of a trio feel where it was essentially about Luke's journey, but Han and Leia there was a strong dynamic, which I think, I don't know how quickly we're going to be able to establish that longterm dynamic with IX," Boyega said. "But if it's exploring that dynamic, then that would be cool." https://comicbook.com/starwars/amp/2019/12/09/star-wars-last-jedi-criticism-iffy-john-boyega-finn/

18. AhsokaSolo

Dec 23, 2015
    How obnoxious to presume DR must “adore” the Reylo fandom. A huge chunk of it treats her like support.

Korv, godisawesome , wobbits and 9 others like this.
  19. zackm

zackm Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 22, 2015
    Yeah, the biggest mistake that TFA made was preventing the new trio of ever getting together and then sending Rey off on her own so that the next movie wouldn't have the trio together either.

leelaamidala likes this.
  20. alwayslurking

alwayslurking Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 21, 2019
    It's funny how she doesn't even addresses Reylo's (or "Reylo's" as she calls them) at all in her answer. :cool:

Korv, wobbits, Neesh and 3 others like this.
  21. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    But Luke was actually separated from Leia, Han and co through most of ESB. Luke was off training with Yoda and then went to face Vader alone.

Alot of the ST really seems to be about capturing the feel of the OT. From the creative team to the actors wanting to play those characters in the same way. Which i admit bums me out abit when no one mentions the PT, but it is what it is.

22. AhsokaSolo

Dec 23, 2015
    TFA ending with them separated didn’t require them to be separated for the entire next movie. Let’s not deny RJ his creative choices. The heroes were separated at the end of ESB. That last 10 minutes in RotJ.

Korv, godisawesome , wobbits and 4 others like this.
  23. alwayslurking

Jan 21, 2019
    I am looking forward to TROS (hopefully) proving the sentiment wrong that Finn and Poe's dialogue would be interchangeable.

godisawesome likes this.
  24. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    Or you could just give them the same lines. "they can fly now".

alwayslurking likes this.
  25. alwayslurking

Jan 21, 2019
    I just noticed Ian is not listed on the "For Your Consideration" list. That's strange.

That's where the "hopefully" comes in. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.