main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Challenge Story [Tolkien] Hearts Entwined (NSW Fic Gift) ~Mira_Jade

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Dec 15, 2019.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Title: "Hearts Entwined"

By: WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Characters: Galadriel/Celeborn \ Melian/Thranduil

Disclaimer: Borrowing the wonderful characters and worldscape with deepest admiration.

Note: For the 13th Annual Fic-gift Exchange.

Gift is for: @Mira_Jade

:)
    Desired aspects below.
    Tolkien
    * Early first age Galadriel/Celeborn pre-couple mush!
    * She is known as Artanis, and each of them is shy on the one hand yet finding a level of comfort.
    * Melian appears as will Thranduil, sharing their teasing observations.

Hope you enjoy... [:D]

-----

"Restless Spirit" - Artanis

Artanis was not about to let down her guard and like anything about this land beyond the Sea. It was not bright here, and the stars dominated the night sky too unfamiliarly.

Despite this resolve, the wise and beautiful Melian had a bastion of lovely serenity where she and Thranduil reigned - bound together in love and courage.

Celeborn ... he was another such who dared to soothe Artanis' weary and troubled spirit. He did engage her interest with facts about this place of exile, things she would need to know to fit in to the extent necessary.

"When First I gazed" - Celeborn

Her hauteur frustrated him to no end even while her beauty dazzled. He longed to hear the melody of her voice, see the deep gold of her tresses, lose himself in the starlit glow of her eyes.

"You must enjoy the challenge," Thranduil commented, and Celeborn had to agree.

She made his pulses quicken in a way no other Lady could ever do.

He gave Artanis a gift of entwined silver combs to accentuate the radiance of her hair.

She frowned, wondering at the import of the gift.

"It is merely something I had crafted, which I hope will bring you pleasure," he told her at noticing her bemused expression.

In spite of her resolve not to encourage him, Artanis did use the combs, and she had to admit they were attractive. Her rare smile blossomed when she saw his undisguised admiration.

"I Know Whereof" - Melian

Melian's keen eyes and deeper heart-sense glowed as she observed the burgeoning friendship between two she held dear. She knew how it was to be caught by adoration and to be so adored, so she recognized it as she saw it occurring again.

When she spoke of this to Artanis, she recieved a frosty rejoined in reply. "I think you must be imagining things, jumping at shadows."

"When I Say Your Name" -- Celeborn/Galadriel

Radiant garland ... how apt that appellation, he thought as he whispered it to her one moon-dappled evening as they strolled in a verdant meadow, and Artanis' heart leapt at the sound, at the sheer rightness.

She twined her hand with his as they continued on in the gentle dusk.

It was at this moment that Galadriel began to feel she had found a heart-place.

When had her heart become entangled with his, Galadriel wondered. Had it not been so all along?

"Celebrian and Lothlorien"

These were 2 blessings Galadriel and Celeborn embraced with each day and strove to keep safe and inviolate. They did not dwell on the eventual parting that awaited them, but such awareness merely served to lend a stronger sweetness to every moment shared.

+++

^:)^

Last edited: Dec 15, 2019
    Kahara and Mira_Jade like this.
  2. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Aw! I loved so much about this - there's something that's just so earthy and human about it, even for featuring one of the most ethereal fantasy couples of them all! There was a softness and magic about this, not only for Artanis finding her place across the sea, but her 'heart-home!' with Celeborn as Galadriel. [face_love]

I loved this. Of course she's so far from Aman and judging Middle-Earth by what she'd known of the light of the Trees instead. But there are so many beautiful things to explore about her new home. And, amongst them . . . [face_whistling] [face_mischief]

Ha! I love how their attraction is as much a battle of wills at the beginning as anything else. :p But the end result is oh so sweet!

And of course both Thingol and Melian knows what's what - he saw high enough to fall in love with a Maia! [face_laugh] [face_mischief]

I love both tones of this segment. Melian reflecting on her own love through seeing it in another was especially poignant. The prose in this sentence was so beautiful, and stayed with me all week!

Then, of course it's going to take longer for Artanis to admit what everyone else can see as clear as day! [face_laugh] [face_mischief]

Gah!! This really truly hit me and stuck with me too. So much beauty surmised in just a few short words! [face_love] =D=

JUST SO SPOT ON BEAUTIFUL!!!! [face_love] I just adored this more than words can say. Thank-you so very much my friend.

[:D] [face_love] [:D] =D=

Kahara and WarmNyota_SweetAyesha like this.
  3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_dancing] Thank you so much for the detailed lovely review! I wanted to strike a lyrical eloquent tone for this worldscape and this pairing. [face_love]

Kahara and Mira_Jade like this.