main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST I Have A Bad Feeling About This - The "Haters" Sanctuary

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Pro Scoundrel , Dec 6, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paro

Paro Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 11, 2017
    Not only stop shooting the light. But the dialogue is so cringe.

Plapy: I'm all the sith.
    Rey: And I'm all the jedi.

That is a very, very low fan fic quality material.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2019
  2. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 7

Nov 21, 2012
    And I am Iron Man! Dooo. dooo ddooo dooo ... dood dod dodo

fettmaster39 likes this.
  3. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    I'll be falling off the map for awhile here, because I'm going to hold off on making criticisms until I actually see the movie now that it's out (which might be days since I'm not exactly chomping at the bit to see it), but I'll still be lurking to read your comments to forewarn and forearm myself. I'll certainly be back here again with my complaints about anything I don't like. Keep posting, and I'll keep reading!

4. yodaman_reborn

yodaman_reborn Jedi Master star 2

Feb 7, 2009
    That’s not particularly true. One can see with firing and replacement of directors that she has significant say in the creative process. If she didn’t, then who does? Who is responsible for making sure that the movies in a saga make sense with each other as well as with previous movies. There should be an overall plan and not just have each director do whatever they want. Who is responsible for that overall plan?

5. Mitth'raw

Mitth'raw Jedi Padawan

Dec 25, 2017
    You better say it here, it seems, for if you say it there, it’s “trolling”...

6. fettmaster39

fettmaster39 Jedi Master star 3

Jun 9, 2005
    Could you imagine if the MCU approached their storytelling the same way as KK and Lucasfilm?

Thanos would have been killed off in Phase 1 to “challenge us”.

I will always say the ST’s failure was a result of not having a set plan in place for three movies first and foremost.

7. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    It really is. I'm stunned at how terrible that sequence is.

8. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    Anakin's audio leaked on Reddit. That's all we get....

9. vini

vini Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 30, 2018
    'During the celebration Rey confesses to Finn that she is a Palpatine and he accepts her immediately and keeps her secret and she trusts him obviously. It is a sweet moment, the best Finnrey moment apart from the hug at the beginning.'

On Tatooine she buries the lightsabers and says she will finish what Luke started (finding a Sith way finder) Then the random person comes and asks her name.

10. Thanks Sequel Trilogy for redeeming the Prequels and the EU
    This is indefensible people were angry that Galen Marek faced the emperor in TFU even when he died against him but this is on another level
    Rey is definitely the most OP character of all and without any reason and the sad thing is that we could have had a similar scene with Luke but we dont and he died like a nobody with the Force Projection and Anakin profecy is now ruined

11. Deliveranze

Nov 28, 2015
    WTF.....
    JJ must have been pissed when Lucas said he hated TFA. Probably why he did this.

12. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Yeah, **** that narrative.

13. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    Honestly it was done far better than i expected. Least you can hear the voices clearly.

14. floatlikegas

floatlikegas Jedi Master star 2

Apr 27, 2010
    Thank god we have the Mandolorian
    Otherwise this fandom would be burning itself down all over again

15. Talos of Atmora

Talos of Atmora Force Ghost star 5

Jul 3, 2016
    Somewhere, Tom Veitch is going, "Yeah, I did it better."

16. Deliveranze

Nov 28, 2015
    That is true but its still wack imo.

17. AEHoward33

AEHoward33 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2019
    Han died for Ben by being the latter's murder victim? There are a lot of people who think that way?

18. Miles Lodson

Miles Lodson Chosen One star 4

Jul 10, 1998
    She will finish what Luke started, which is finding the Sith way finder? What in the holy hades?!

19. vini

vini Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 30, 2018
    Maybe she misspoke, but wasn't there something in the leaks with Luke & Lando searching for?

starocean90 likes this.
  20. Miles Lodson

Miles Lodson Chosen One star 4

Jul 10, 1998
    I am only reacting to the end of the saga being that - pledging to finish what Luke started, which is “finding the Sith way finder.” I am trying to find some, any, reason why someone thought that would be a good end to the saga.

21. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    I wake up to 61% Rotten and 52 (mixed to average) on Metacritic.
    well now people won't be able to use critical reception in their pro-argument.

[​IMG]

22. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    :rolleyes::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::rolleyes:

And I'm all the speechless. :rolleyes::oops:

23. Paro

Paro Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 11, 2017
    RT was around 55% earlier. Didn't expect so low reviews honestly.

Mostly Handless likes this.
  24. Vorax

Vorax Force Ghost star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Anakin is dud by this movie. Luke forget it too with him(this dumb idiot in ROTJ threw away his lightsaber and the Jedi of the past never thought to aid him lol).

This Palpatine brought back for what I don't know other than Rian killed JJ's Snoke and to remake ROTJ is just awful reasoning.

This version of Palpatine is just weak character and there as a nostalgic prop basically for the heroine to kill (again). He cannot use a ligthsaber so ROTS is out the window(this version of Palpatine certainly never trained Maul from TPM nor could have been able to have defeated him like in TCW's The Lawless episode as they overpowered Sidious and underpowered Maul and in fact in the deleted scene Maul deflects Sidious' first attempt at lightning with his lightsaber. To understand this version of Palpatine who cannot stop shooting his own Force lightning when its clearly not working(remember him vs Windu and Yoda or Dooku vs Yoda in the PT) we have to discard everything that came before and sit through a re-imagined version of ROTJ where its the overpowered Rey and a group effort interfering. I understood he did not stop in ROTJ cause he was blasting Vader to death and trying to take them with him while in the PT he got burned from failure to stop firing and Yoda turned his own lightning on him via the Force and not a lightsaber. Apparently Rey finishes what Mace Windu started by burning him to death with own current by reflecting Force lightning back onto himself. I guess “all the Sith” are dumb and one trick ponies to this "brain trust".

Hernalt, Shadao, ThisIsTheWay and 2 others like this.
  25. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    I'm sad the reviews are now in the fresh bracket. I really want the nail to be hit home. Oh well I guess.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.