main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST I Have A Bad Feeling About This - The "Haters" Sanctuary

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Pro Scoundrel , Dec 6, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AhsokaSolo

AhsokaSolo Force Ghost star 7

Dec 23, 2015
    She’s gonna finish what Luke started and go find some trinket? I want to give major props to @DarkGingerJedi for knowing inherently that Disney would not view rebuilding the Jedi as a thing that needs to happen after this trilogy ^:)^=D=

2. Jedi Jessy

Jedi Jessy Force Ghost star 5

Feb 28, 2016
    Episode IX: a Palpatine stole Skywalker name

3. Alliyah Skywalker

Alliyah Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Dec 18, 2017
    After what the Crylo comic does to the Jedi - exactly what you feared, Benny Bunny did nothing wrong - is that really a surprise?

But I say good, this OP Goddess shouldn't rebuild anything, just shoot the force from her butt and resurrect the dead to find thingamagics JJ invented.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2019
  4. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    it also HAD mythology, worldbuilding. sense of scale, logic and flowing continuity to it.

don't see any of that in ST.

5. Miles Lodson

Miles Lodson Chosen One star 4

Jul 10, 1998
    My gosh, they actually thought this would be a good way to cap the entire saga...

EDIT: and this pledge to continue Luke’s supposed trinket-quest, that grates me more than a Palpatine taking his name

6. cappoe

cappoe Jedi Master star 3

Jan 12, 2018

Funniest headline.

7. AhsokaSolo

Dec 23, 2015
    Disney SW can seriously kiss my ass. I hadn’t seen anything about the comic and now I’m extra salty.

8. Miles Lodson

Jul 10, 1998
    Don’t be sad. When all is said and done TROS will end up in the bottom three of SW movies on RT.

9. Havok176

Havok176 Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 6, 2016
    And his version got Lucas love, approval and idea.

10. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    force forward to the year 2050:
    Episode X opening crawl:
    Rey Skywalker has vanished.
    In her absence, the sinister
    SECOND ORDER has risen
    from the ashes of the FIRST ORDER
    and will not rest until Skywalker, the last Jedi,
    has been destroyed.

With the support of the NEW REPUBLIC,
    General Poe Dameron leads a brave NEW RESISTANCE.
    He is desperate to find his
    friend Rey and gain her
    help in restoring peace and
    justice to the galaxy.

Poe has sent his most daring
    pilot on a secret mission
    to NEW JAKKU, where an old ally
    has discovered a clue to
    Rey’s whereabouts …

o_O

11. PendragonM

PendragonM Force Ghost star 4

Mar 7, 2018
    Yep. Han and Luke died for Ben, agreed to be his victims. Ask the Kylostans, who are still unhappy Benny Boy died at all since he didn't get his happy ending - they all didn't get their happy ending of Ben living. I am not kidding.

Hell, apparently Leia did too - can anyone confirm that nonsense I read about Maz and Leia and her death?

12. Paro

Paro Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 11, 2017
    Oh man, can't wait to see Palpatine return for a third time and surprise everyone once again (and die right after for the third time).

13. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 7

Nov 21, 2012
    All those professional russian movie critics are skewing the rating...

14. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    at this point I have 0 interest in between VI and VII, complete waste of time. We know what happens to the OT3 and there are 0 + for them. Too much excuses are being given for Crylo Ren, no it's Snoke, no it's Palps and yeah me and others we predicted that it would be "self-defense". None of that changes all the murders he committed or that no it's all Ben's fault. And guy's a psycho, really is sad that not only do the OT3 die for him when he didn't deserve and gets redeemed by Rey too, it also completely damages your new protagonist.

the logic of these movies, Rey's parentage can't be predictable and since Palps is back they tie them together and move on. Than since they are rehashing ROTJ, it has to be love from the protagonist that redeems him........And more reason why she should just have been related to him.

not only is there 0 romantic chemistry between Rey and Kylo but after all he did to her and the galaxy, she should feel nothing romantic for him, compassion is a different story.....Might as well put Rey as one of the worst SW characters.

TFA Rey-Good Start
    TLJ-downward spiral
    ROS-despicable character

15. Vorax

Vorax Force Ghost star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Rey will marry a Lars and their decedent will set things right(er) against evil adult baby Yoda.

16. Miles Lodson

Jul 10, 1998
    It seems to me that the galaxy might actually be WORSE OFF at the end of TROS than it was at the end of ROTJ.

It sounds like there is no talk about a new Jedi Order, just finding some more trinkets. And what about the New New Republic?

At least at the end of ROTJ we had the promise of a restoration of the Jedi and the Republic.

17. Vorax

Vorax Force Ghost star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Yeah its a farce all around.

18. AhsokaSolo

Dec 23, 2015
    At this point, Rey and Kylo are basically tied as the worst SW characters ever for me. Reylo destroyed the Skywalkers. That’s the only larger narrative of the ST. I have a bit more affection for Rey really just because there are moments when DR shines through and she’s adorable, but man these characters are a curse.

19. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    @vini
    "She thinks that they added the kiss in reshoots, since it makes no sense how happy she acted after his death."

me too, I recall numerous interviews from months ages ago where Ridley basically implied that Rey doesn't need or have romance......so what happened...

no way dude, I was told for years that execution and context is very important, it even trumps logic and good vs bad ideas.

20. Miles Lodson

Jul 10, 1998
    Well, RT has a critic consensus up, and it ain't exactly pretty:

"Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker suffers from a frustrating lack of imagination, but concludes this beloved saga with fan-focused devotion."

21. Jedi Jessy

Jedi Jessy Force Ghost star 5

Feb 28, 2016
    Lucasfilm in 2020: but Ben didn't kill anybody! It was actually Kyle, Kylo's evil clone. If you read our comics Ben Solo Is A Great Person (2020)...

22. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Can't wait for Snookums 2

23. AhsokaSolo

Dec 23, 2015
    Even the deaths of Luke’s Jedi have been neutered. They died just because, pathetically. An entire Jedi order is fridged for a worthless trashy character that destroyed the Skywalker family and legend. Now when I picture Baby Yoda among them, I don’t even see an honorable death fighting for Luke’s honor. I see him just sitting there as the building spontaneously combusts around him and Hunky Bennie Bunny whining outside the door about how bad he wants to save him :_|[face_laugh][face_sick][face_flag]

24. Nate787

Nate787 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 29, 2016
    Sooo much worse than I thought.

25. 77FN

77FN Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 23, 2016
    I’m flabbergasted anybody with a functioning brain cell and ability to think critically for themselves could even begin to forgive Ben for all he’s done. Just the worst kind of sub-par fan-fic writing in a billion dollar movie! JJ truly is a hack. If only Hollywood would wake up to the fake he’s a solid director, but keep him away from scripting anything that needs to make sense! What a **** show this ST has turned into.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.