main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST I Have A Bad Feeling About This - The "Haters" Sanctuary

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Pro Scoundrel , Dec 6, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nipuhanipera

Nipuhanipera Force Ghost star 5

May 25, 2014
    Yeah, the only thing I'm interested in now is an academic essay-level autopsy on where and how it all went wrong. I'm ready to fund the investigation myself if I have to.

2. The_Phantom_Calamari

The_Phantom_Calamari Force Ghost star 5

Nov 10, 2011
    "Quick pace" is one of only two or three superficial things J.J. thinks makes Star Wars what it is.

3. ByteSizeRick

ByteSizeRick Jedi Master star 2

Jan 8, 2018
    The Millennium Falcon, sand, and lightsabers. :)

4. Darth Wardawg

Darth Wardawg Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 12, 2018
    These idiots didn't learn a darn thing from George, and they thought they knew better. I am loving this. Absolutely loving this. I shouldn't feel like that, but I can't help it. Seeing them get what they deserve is amazing.

The fools at LFL, including KK and Pablo and all the rest, were too busy calling us racist, sexist, man babies to take the time to look deeply at why fans were upset. Hell, even the TLJ lovers were caught up in that narrative. On another fan forum there is a guy (goes by the handle daily plunge) who insists that the "haters" were a small minority of incels and that by all "objective" measures, TLJ was loved. If you go through life like that, instead of actually engaging with critics, you get what we got. A tone deaf group of people systematically running the franchise we love into the ground all the while acting like there is nothing wrong. They could have sat down and tried to actually figure out what "fans" wanted. Instead they threw in a Reylo moment, resurrected Palpatine thinking that we'd go nuts, and, for good measure, added a ton of Jedi "force ghost" voices.

As someone said earlier, I despise the darn sequel trilogy. Just thinking about it makes me want to vomit.

5. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    I'm going to see The Rise Of Skywalker on Friday - As I've come this far and I've got to see this Sequel Trilogy train wreck it through to it's inevitable end.

I imagine this viewing will be the final time I see new Star Wars either on the Big Screen or the small screen and I will "consciously decouple" myself from Disney Star Wars thereafter.

Having said that... George Lucas's Star Wars will ALWAYS be my Star Wars - The Originals and the Prequels. I will always have those films and there's nothing Disney, KK, JJ or RJ can do can to take Lucas's six part opus away from me - much as I'm sure they would love to be able to say the Prequels never happened.

So yes I'm planning to move on from Disney Star Wars as soon as I've given it it's last rites when I view ROS but I'll still be a Lucas Star Wars fan. And that's fine. That's enough. What else do I need?

6. CairnsTony

CairnsTony Force Ghost star 5

May 7, 2014
    Well, having seen it now, I can honestly say that JJ somehow managed to make a film that is worse than TLJ. He took all the worst ideas from that film and took them forward, made them bigger and more horrible.

It is a beat for beat exact rendition of JP's leak. And they did Reylo. They did ****ing Reylo. I'm so angry about the message this film sends.

7. AhsokaSolo

AhsokaSolo Force Ghost star 7

Dec 23, 2015
    It’s crazy but yeah, somehow I hate the leaks more than TLJ. Weird since I keep reading that I should like it as a TLJ hater.

8. Knightstalker137

Knightstalker137 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 17, 2003
    At least now that I’ve seen the complete ST, I can comfortably write the whole thing off as nothing more than awful fan fiction. For me, it was three strikes and they’re out.

9. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    She could've let him get on that board too if she wanted. I'm just saying :p

niccalas_cage likes this.
  10. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    How is John Williams score? Any better than TFA and TLJ?

11. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    Skywalker Saga in a nutshell.
    -Chosen One meant to destroy the Sith=Fail
    -Chosen One's son meant to restore the Jedi=Fail
    -The force's new Chosen One isn't a Skywalker descent it's a Palpatine=LOL that is out of place in the family Saga.

Rey Palpatine becomes Skywalker and both destroys the Sith and restores the Jedi. So wtf was the point of Luke/Anakin or I-VI? Or wtf was the point of the Skywalker family Saga that ends with death and evil and a non Skywalker redeeming the family?

I do feel like this is my biggest disappointment. It feels like storywise/continuity wise/mythology wise the final protagonist should have been a Skywalker/Solo kid and go full circle. Or that Rey's "adoption" should have been 100% done differently without her being a Palpatine, she should have been some random person.

Also Rey Skywalker made out with Ben Solo, relatives....[face_rofl][face_rofl][face_rofl][face_rofl][face_rofl]

Last edited: Dec 18, 2019
  12. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    The flip side is that you'll have given JJ and Disney your money, which is all they ever cared about

-LordSkywalker- likes this.
  13. Gerak

Gerak Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 23, 2019
    Preach it!
    When the dysfunctional “””Story Group””” is full to the brim with yes man and wastes of space like Pablo it’s no surprising why Disney Wars failed from the beginning

14. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Is the only way to save the movie franchise to retcon the ST to an alternative universe/Legends Status and have George Lucas come out of retirement to make a new ST? :p

Asking for a friend, who is only half kidding.

15. CairnsTony

CairnsTony Force Ghost star 5

May 7, 2014
    It had its moments; moments being the operative word. TBH I was just open mouthed in disbelief with the stuff they were doing, so perhaps I would have found it less forgettable had I cared about what I was watching, sorry.

starocean90 and G-FETT like this.
  16. Knightstalker137

Knightstalker137 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 17, 2003
    Wrong, I didn’t pay for the ticket

ami-padme and Darth Wardawg like this.
  17. Vezner

Vezner Force Ghost star 5

Dec 29, 2001
    I do agree that Rebels is not bad. Of Disney Star Wars content, I can accept Rogue One, Rebels, and Mandalorian. Besides that, IMO, it's all garbage.

KSennia, Shadao, 2Cleva and 4 others like this.
  18. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    Thanks. Not surprised to hear this as the scores on the previous two films were so weak and mostly background "filler" music sadly.

Darth Wardawg likes this.
  19. DarthPhilosopher

DarthPhilosopher Chosen One star 6

Jan 23, 2011
    There are a few good moments from the score. The Lars Homestead stuff is nice.

G-FETT likes this.
  20. AhsokaSolo

AhsokaSolo Force Ghost star 7

Dec 23, 2015
    I’d add a few books to this list, though most of the books are garbage too. Hell, Bloodline is a good book and it’s still not part of my headcanon because Jedi Leia isn’t in it. I agree with your screen content.

21. Alliyah Skywalker

Alliyah Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Dec 18, 2017
    It seems all this movie needs is for Oliver Queen from Arrow to show up, bow drawn and go "you have failed this Saga". [face_laugh]

Did you think it looked anything like past Jedi "empowered" Rey against Palps? I find the idea very dubious from just the voice leaks. And that stupid line notwithstanding.

22. Miles Lodson

Miles Lodson Chosen One star 4

Jul 10, 1998
    A reviewer just shared their opinion that the movie seemed almost “angry” in its desire to please fans and “check internet complaint boxes.”

Wow.

23. Gerak

Gerak Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 23, 2019
    The Reylo fans are the winners. And Sheevfans.

24. DarthPhilosopher

DarthPhilosopher Chosen One star 6

Jan 23, 2011
    Well it does feel like that.

Darth Hater likes this.
  25. -LordSkywalker-

-LordSkywalker- Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 3, 2013
    Lol. I’d pay to see that. It’s already a cringeworthy parody of SW so why the hell not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.