main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST I Have A Bad Feeling About This - The "Haters" Sanctuary

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Pro Scoundrel , Dec 6, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Miles Lodson

Miles Lodson Chosen One star 4

Jul 10, 1998
    Will Rey and Ben find love? Will BroomBoy become a Jedi? Will Rey fix the saber? In theaters now!

2. JediVision

JediVision Jedi Master star 4

Sep 6, 2015
    But it’s the Conclusion of the Skywalker Saga. The Story Lives Forever!

Miles Lodson likes this.
  3. TheCloneWarsForever

TheCloneWarsForever Force Ghost star 7

Apr 24, 2018
    Yeah, and the thing I'm getting from all the leaks and reviews is...

This isn't even one of those "it's so bad, it's good." deals. The vibe I'm getting is "tepid."

All the fireworks are in the online firestorms about it - which I can watch for free.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2019
  4. MagnarTheGreat

MagnarTheGreat Force Ghost star 5

Jul 21, 2016
    I never believed it was going to make more than TLJ. All the data points I was looking at and posting from Google Trends to merch sales and video views showed they were in for a bumpier ride and that it wouldn't make more roughly than The Lion King domestically at best.

But I'd gladly trade being correct about that for a good movie in a heartbeat.

5. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    The best part is that two of those things aren't even addressed. Rey just has the saber again and broom boy isn't even mentioned. Screw force sensitive slave children. They just grow up to allow palpatines to rise anyways.

6. Nate787

Nate787 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 29, 2016
    I could do it.

TheDutchman and christophero30 like this.
  7. Vorax

Vorax Force Ghost star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    George already knew it was a bad re-imagining and remake of ROTJ.

8. Miles Lodson

Jul 10, 1998
    Agreed

9. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    Im curious if this will be the worst performing film of the trilogy. That would be a first.

So far the trilogy was following the footprints of the previous two. The first (ANH, TPM, TFA) makes the most money. The second (ESB, AOTC, TLJ) makes a dip and the third (ROTJ, ROTS) performs better than two but not as good as one. I wonder if TROS will even surpass TLJ's box office.

10. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    several of my friends saw it and said "I liked it but"...and then list about 25 things they didn't like. Not exactly raves.

11. Miles Lodson

Jul 10, 1998
    At this point it is looking unlikely. It needs to find an audience ASAP through strong WOM or the historic pattern you cited will be broken.

Deliveranze likes this.
  12. Gamma626

May 6, 2014
    Seriously. I can't stand the fandom menace, but they did their homework when it came to the merchandise sales and their complete collapse post TLJ. It's been a nightmare in that regard. The only thing that's caught fire has been the Mando toys, and the inevitable Child merchandise. Solo wasn't a fluke. A major film starring one of the most beloved characters in cinema history made less than Alita: Battle Angel, a film about a CGI android basically no one in America ever heard of. (a good film by the way.)

13. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    So perhaps I missed it - was there any explanation for how Palpy survived ?

also - what did he want in the end , did he want Rey to kill him or not ?

14. Miles Lodson

Jul 10, 1998
    Plus the toys are complete crap for TROS. I mean the action figures don't even look like normal action figures. It's amazing.

15. Lordban

Lordban Isildur's Bane star 7

Nov 9, 2000
    Between the dropping domestic projection and the actual drops observed overseas already, it's on course for it.

The Dark Side of the Force is the pathway to many abilities some consider unnatural.

That's it.

16. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015

He survived because
    "the dark side of the force is a pathway to many abilities some consider unnatural "

He wanted to kill her after Kylo showed up and he found out that he can drain their lives to heal himself.
    Before he wanted to switch to her body somehow after she killed him

The Regular Mustache likes this.
  17. Miles Lodson

Jul 10, 1998
    LOL did he have all that figured out before or after he broadcasted his return to the entire galaxy?

18. TheDutchman

TheDutchman Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2015
    it wont

19. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 7

Nov 21, 2012
    Exactly. Everyone was like ... The 3rd SW always does better than the second. It's a law.

It's only a law until it isn't. There's no guarantee. And - who knows - maybe it still will - but I just do not see it anymore. And I'd gladly trade in Nostradamus points for a good SW movie.

-LordSkywalker- likes this.
  20. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 10

Jul 19, 1999
    Do you really need that first sentence? The post is far better without it.

vncredleader likes this.
  21. godisawesome

godisawesome Skywalker Saga Undersheriff star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    There were really only two truly compelling and *clear* hooks that TLJ introduced that could have been considered fresh and original by its fans:

Kylo as the Supreme Leader.

And...
    That's it.

And they dropped the first hook within minutes of TROS, and depended on the second hook to really justify itself, even though it was the less popular and far more tainted of the two.

22. Gamma626

May 6, 2014
    Even worse, they scrapped the mainline 3.75" scale collection that fans have been collecting since 78'. It's just insulting really. Although, it's not like those fans wanted to buy "Rey in beige #8" and "Kylo in Black #4" so I guess it wasn't a total loss.

23. Miles Lodson

Jul 10, 1998
    That's exactly what I was talking about. The normal figures look weird and oddly shaped.

They did release a few in the Vintage line that are 3 3/4 but those are impossible to find

24. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    When they were about to take off in that ship on the mountain they know the Imps are coming and yet for some reason Rey goes wandering off so she can do her cool move for the trailer and Chewie wanders off with the dagger and gets arrested.
    wtf?

25. Nate787

Nate787 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 29, 2016
    This is why I thought killing off Snoke was a good move. I thought it was going to clear a path to Kylo's back story about what exactly went down between him and his parents to make him this way. That would have been a great way to break away from the master/apprentice formula and subvert expectations.

But JJ only knows how to cut and paste and giving characters real stories that we can invest in takes too much work and in his effort to recreate what we liked about SW, he single handedly destroyed everything these characters did.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.