main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST I Have A Bad Feeling About This - The "Haters" Sanctuary

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Pro Scoundrel , Dec 6, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ImpKnight

ImpKnight Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jun 16, 2008
    I'm not sure WHY Rey dies.

She was standing there and just....died.

2. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    JJ as a director/writer
    [​IMG]

3. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    That and it was funny that a monkey rebuilt it. Some of the jokes in this worked. For that it's a step up from TLJ which didn't have any jokes work basically other then Luke & R2D2 scene.

starocean90 likes this.
  4. yodaman_reborn

yodaman_reborn Jedi Master star 2

Feb 7, 2009
    She was all the Jedi but Anakin bailed on her at the last second.

5. CairnsTony

CairnsTony Force Ghost star 5

May 7, 2014
    I consider myself an OT devotee; I love those films. What I didn't want from the sequels however was a 'safe' or labourious rerun of old ideas. I didn't want the sequels to see us literally back to square one story-wise. What I wanted was a bold vision and grand plan. Exciting new films that took the saga in new directions, whilst respecting that which came before.

For me, it's not about 'safe versus different', it's simply about badly written films, badly executing their own ideas whilst effectively destroying the internal logic and legacy of the existing SW universe.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2019
  6. AhsokaSolo

AhsokaSolo Force Ghost star 7

Dec 23, 2015
    reshoots killed her.

7. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    Where are you getting that the kiss was added last minute? Adam never participated in reshoots. It was there from their initial batch of filming.

cwustudent likes this.
  8. AhsokaSolo

Dec 23, 2015
    Are you positive Adam didn't participate? I don't know for sure, it just seems like it based on so many factors. DR's 180 in interviews on the topic of Reylo for one. Also the last minute change in the otherwise dead on leaks.

wobbits, Def Trooper, Shadao and 2 others like this.
  9. yodaman_reborn

yodaman_reborn Jedi Master star 2

Feb 7, 2009
    She forgot, never cross the streams.

10. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    Yeah @CairnsTony what I thought happened did. I saw this movie in 1983 when I was five and it was better back then. The Rey/Ben scene at the end is not 1/10000000 as powerful as Luke & Anakin at the end of ROTJ.

11. Bananakin_

Bananakin_ Jedi Master star 2

Dec 3, 2016
    JJ on the Prequels. 3:14

It's not that I necessarily dislike him for his opinion, but why would you choose this person to close your 9 film saga? He clearly has some contempt for the first 3 films. He can only be so diplomatic on his answers. He always has this mindset of "Well this is what I like, and this is what George Lucas likes", as if he's actively staying away from it, you know the guy who created this entire franchise saga... Always saying things like this shouldn't be like that, or didn't like this, if George did then WeLL CoOl. Please don't rip off any of his films then.

If someone like Filoni was capable of making the movie, then I can imagine how much of a love letter his movie would be for the whole universe

12. Havok176

Havok176 Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 6, 2016
    [​IMG]

13. MagnarTheGreat

MagnarTheGreat Force Ghost star 5

Jul 21, 2016
    I didn't think Driver was available for the Bad Robot reshoots (late Sep.-early Oct.) but maybe he snuck in afterall. Or before or after that 10 day window they did more filming.

John Boyega: “[The] Finn-Poe [relationship is gonna be the one to last over/instead of the Finn-Rose and Kylo-Rey ones]. Finn-Poe’s gonna last. No, no, no, like can not be stopped.” “(smiles) Hmm [is the ending of the Saga going to be less controversial than the ending of the Game of Thrones show]? (laughs) Such a good question that I can’t answer. Yeah I do [know the ending] but, there are still things being changed and um, I’ve heard some stuff. I’m surprised, I wish I could tell you guys, but yeah, you know. We’ll see when we get there.” (August 24, 2019)

And as @AhsokaSolo noted...it wasn't in the leaks until late.

CairnsTony likes this.
  14. Gamma626

May 6, 2014
    Yep. He’s been booked up since filming wrapped, and immediately lost all his Kylo weight for a role in a film for 2020. The Reylo fans are pretty religious in keeping tabs on him and the other actors to know when someone was shooting or not.

The one actor we know did reshoots was Mark, who reshot 100 percent of his scenes.

Edit: as far as the leaks are concerned Paxis himself admitted that he didn’t know full details of the third act. They changed a lot around there in editing. In fact, I wouldn’t be surprised if they even had a cut where the “Ben comes out of the pit” sequence wasn’t even in the film. You could very easily edit Rey falling over dead and cut to her fleeing in the tie, never even addressing Ben’s death.

15. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    She watched Salo instead of Solo by accident. The shock killed her

16. ImpKnight

Jun 16, 2008
    Also, lightspeed skipping was dumb, and it started with jumping through ice.

I assume those TIEs had tracking tech?

Darth Hater, wobbits, Lordban and 2 others like this.
  17. AhsokaSolo

Dec 23, 2015
    I'm sorry I don't trust fan stalkers lol. That isn't proof to me. AD seems to hate his privacy being invaded too. If he wanted to sneak past them, he could.

18. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    Wait. How does Leia die?

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  19. ImpKnight

Jun 16, 2008
    Maz kills her with exposition.

20. Havok176

Havok176 Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 6, 2016
    The bigger question is how the hell does Rey learn force lighting? Lol like all the people who call her you know what get criticized and called sexist, but she learns things on the spot with no training. When Anakin got darkside amped no lighting, Maul who trained for years no lighting, Only Dooku a master level Jedi learned it after going to Sidoius. Anakin who has the highest count of midi's needed Palps teachings before he could learn force lighting.

21. Gamma626

May 6, 2014
    Okay.

22. BoulderFaceplant

BoulderFaceplant Jedi Knight

Dec 20, 2017
    The Sequel Trilogy is basically tic-tac-toe between directors. We all lose.

23. ForceGhostPrincessLeia

ForceGhostPrincessLeia Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 22, 2018
    She kinda just...does.

She kinda just...does.

24. MagnarTheGreat

MagnarTheGreat Force Ghost star 5

Jul 21, 2016
    The Lucas OT showed the most restraint.
    The Lucas PT showed less restraint.
    The Disney ST showed the least restraint.

:(

Darth Hater, TheReal_Rebel and Zikri like this.
  25. AhsokaSolo

Dec 23, 2015
    I think the point of the force lightening is that Rey didn't learn it. It's genetic :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.