main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST I Have A Bad Feeling About This - The "Haters" Sanctuary

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Pro Scoundrel , Dec 6, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    Well yeah, when it casually explains the phenomenon it is bad; when it is used to make the case for force eugenics it is great.

2. yodaman_reborn

yodaman_reborn Jedi Master star 2

Feb 7, 2009
    The PT got the dog scraps. But not even the good dog scraps like a meaty bone, more like the burnt pieces of cabbage.

3. Havok176

Havok176 Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 6, 2016
    You really see the difference between someone like filoini who respects george and cares about the lore and someone like JJ who just does and give whatever power he wants and than shoe horns some bs explanation or gives no explanation at all.

When Filoni scrapped the sith ghost idea because George said that Sith cant come back in that form and said this about the lore and force

"But at least for fans it would be neat to know that at least that idea was considered, that we went very far with it and at the end after discussions it was really George that said naw this, i thought this would be good but i wanted to do this but it doesnt jive with my explanation of the force and it gives you a insight to detail into which he gets into these issues with the force and these concepts of these bigger spiritual aspects of star wars, hes very involved in them and to be honest the writers and i feel very strongly when we bring these type of episodes to screen that George has to be more involved because we have to get this stuff right on everything we do because this is the force this is the whole ball game."

Last edited: Dec 19, 2019
  4. Bananakin_

Bananakin_ Jedi Master star 2

Dec 3, 2016
    That's all it is for me. I genuinely get that he has preferences, I guess... But then we have this guy make a saga movie, and the last one at that??? It's asinine. I remember in the TFA days, he joked about putting Jar Jar's skull in the desert. They only know how to alienate their fans, the PT is literally 1/3 of the saga. Great decision

DBPirate, unicorn, wobbits and 10 others like this.
  5. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
  6. Nate787

Nate787 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 29, 2016
    He completely destroyed our OT heroes and their accomplishments (including Anakin). Be happy that he didn't dive into more elements of the PT.

7. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    Look I get it tensions are high and some of you really didn't like the movie. That's cool. We support that. But we do need to draw the line with some things and referencing suicide even if it is in a crass humor kind of way is still not appropriate for a family-friendly board. So maybe we just re-read what we are posting and think twice instead of going for the shock and awe in the anger that you are feeling at the moment, would be great. Because no one wants to get banned. I mean if you do how often can you tell everyone how much you hated the movie or why you hated it? Thanks.

8. Bananakin_

Dec 3, 2016
    And when he does try to inject PT stuff, it's half a**ed. They straight up plucked random Jedi from the Prequel era and gave the Chosen One the same role with a few lines, and called it a day. I'm even willing to bet that the story group was the one who even pushed for that. So yeah maybe he would have ruined it more, idk anymore.

9. AhsokaSolo

AhsokaSolo Force Ghost star 7

Dec 23, 2015
    Hmm I think the PT story was pretty well destroyed. JJ made the prophecy entirely meaningless.

10. Shadao

Shadao Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2017
    No Duel of Fates? No Battle of the Heroes? No Across the Stars? How can make you make the grand finale of the Skywalker Saga without at least referencing the epic music?

11. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    and Jar Jar just happens to be Lucas's favorite character. :rolleyes: And no he wasn't joking he really thought about doing it.:rolleyes:

"I have a thought about putting Jar Jar Binks' bones in the desert there," Abrams told the publication. "I'm serious! Only three people will notice, but they'll love it."

why does killing Jar Jar even enter his mind when ST is like 50 years post PT....o_O And why would anyone love seeing Binks dead even if you dislike the character (I don't).

12. BalanceOfTheForce

BalanceOfTheForce Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2016
    Nope. THE LIGHTSABER DUEL HAS NO MUSIC!

13. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    Don't forget the "We filmed in a desert! A real desert!" as if George didn't shoot in Tunisia and Italy. Lmao.

And who can forget JJ's brother in arms, Simon Pegg, going on those anti-PT rants.

14. Shadao

Oct 31, 2017
    But Return of the Jedi had epic music between Luke Skywalker and Darth Vader! It was the emotional climax of the six-part saga with that chorus. How could the last lightsaber duel have no music of any kind?

15. MagnarTheGreat

MagnarTheGreat Force Ghost star 5

Jul 21, 2016
    I almost pity whoever has to rewrite the StarWars.com website to change what they've said in the past about Palpatine and the Sith being destroyed and the Chosen One and many issues. Almost.

16. yodaman_reborn

yodaman_reborn Jedi Master star 2

Feb 7, 2009
    To be fair Pegg made some slight amends to that.

17. Nate787

Nate787 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 29, 2016
    Yes but making the prophecy meaningless doesn't necessarily make Anakin's story arc meaningless. There's a great story of redemption without it. Unless of course you bring back the villain to wipe out his entire bloodline.

18. SkywalkersFTW

SkywalkersFTW Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 10, 2019
    Well, the RT score is still high. Honestly I fell a little bit of envy, as much as I try to like the ST and the direction SW is headed, I simply can't.

Guess people did enjoy the movie and the media will spin the narrative that the end sucks cause of the fans.

Btw, another thing I dislike is the ending. Not in a million years someone will convince me that it's better or it lives up to the ending of ROTJ. Just no, no way.

19. Deliveranze

Nov 28, 2015
    "Hey Anakin. The man who ruined your life and groomed you to be a Sith since you were a child is alive and kicking, impersonating your dark side persona to corrupt your grandson, and is talking about bringing back the very organization you destroyed. What are you gonna do?"

"Eh, hey Rey, do what I did, but better please."

20. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    God, the voices part was so stupid

21. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    From 1:10-, still one of the best music in any duel.:)

SW lightsaber duels without music?[face_plain][face_not_talking]

22. Shadao

Oct 31, 2017
    The night is still young. The Rise of Skywalker isn't officially released until midnight here.

SkywalkersFTW likes this.
  23. Bananakin_

Dec 3, 2016
    And godd, always bragging about practical effects. Every bts video mentioned it. I remember Kathleen Kennedy proudly stating that Jar Jar wouldn't be in the new movies, which yes like you said, is unironically a character that George loved. His Goofy

24. MagnarTheGreat

MagnarTheGreat Force Ghost star 5

Jul 21, 2016
    Practical effects don't matter when your scripts are bad.

25. Deliveranze

Nov 28, 2015
    "Oh but we didn't want the ghosts overshadowing Rey's destiny!"

Fine. Then give me a shot of all of them at the end of the film. At least Ewan gets a show, I haven't seen Anakin in almost 15 years. Unless Hayden is coming back for more projects, why the **** would you waste a final opportunity to show the first/second most important Skywalker next to Luke.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.