main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST I Have A Bad Feeling About This - The "Haters" Sanctuary

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Pro Scoundrel , Dec 6, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Some time ago I diversified my emotional investment portfolio in SW. It is quite safe from the likes of Abrams, Johnson and Kennedy.

Yep, force lightning should be an elite power that is dark side only and deep dark side too. It shouldn't be simply getting mad and instant frying.
    There have been better, more interesting portraits of the FO elsewhere but you will find no trace of them in the films.

2. Talos of Atmora

Talos of Atmora Force Ghost star 5

Jul 3, 2016
    When the Knights of Ren were introduced, I figured we could have at least had a compelling on-screen version of a One Sith-esque Dark Side cult but oh well...

-LordSkywalker- and starocean90 like this.
  3. Shadao

Shadao Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2017
    Or even toys. Could you imagine how much they would have been sold if they were in TLJ?

4. Vorax

Vorax Force Ghost star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    The KOR put up less of a fight than Snoke's Elite Praetorian Guard. Palpatine's guards were also just pathetic, seemed like MCU bad guy soldier flunkies.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2019
    Def Trooper and DarkGingerJedi like this.
  5. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    upload_2019-12-20_5-32-57.jpeg

6. Mindless Monster

Mindless Monster Jedi Master star 4

Dec 4, 2014
    I'm stunned by how awful that film was. Truly stunned.

7. rpeugh

rpeugh Force Ghost star 4

Apr 10, 2002
    Hey guys, remember this TFA Lucas Special Edition parody trailer back in 2015? Funny how it looks much more like TROS than either the prequels or Special Editions. Yes, very "dense" indeed.......

8. ForceGhostPrincessLeia

ForceGhostPrincessLeia Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 22, 2018
    The floating with the rocks is cringy. And she's chanting, trying to Ouija board up the force ghosts, and gets pissed they won't show up. Of course when she chants at the end, they all talk at once.

Why didn't she just do this in TFA instead of asking Han to bring him home? Oh, yeah, she wasn't trained as a Jedi until TLJ.

9. Shamear

Shamear Jedi Master star 1

Feb 9, 2014
    If someone can just isolate Anakin's and Qui Gon's lines from the movie, that will be my sequel trilogy.

Darth Raiden and Mr. Forest like this.
  10. CairnsTony

CairnsTony Force Ghost star 5

May 7, 2014
    TROS has plot armour thicker than a super star destroyers hull plating. And then some. Unfortunately, it also has plot somersaults, plot pirouettes and plot rabbits-out-of-hats. I pulled a muscle just trying to track them.

PendragonM and Jedi_Fenrir767 like this.
  11. Vorax

Vorax Force Ghost star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Luke gets rid of his lightsaber and rejects everything Jedi but keeps Leia's nicely wrapped and hidden in a rock pile , makes a lot of sense about as much sense as the operational X-Wing he pulls out've the water .

And of course they had to have made Leia basically kick his butt during Jedi training while last time it was Rey.

12. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    We have similar taste so this makes me optimistic. I would have liked TLJ if it weren’t for the dumbass Reylo scenes.

I have a friend who shares my opinion that Reylo is a moral atrocity but posted last night that she loved the film. We’ll see.

My conspiracy theory wheels turning: it was to mock those of us who are Finn/John Boyega fans. “Ha-ha. You should love Kylo like we told you to.”

Exactly.

LOL. And no. Part of the reason my user name is what it is, is because Anakin is such a smartass in the PT (in his good moments) and TCW. Just like his daughter who got me into Star Wars in the first place. I’m not going to love any character just because he happens to be played by Adam Driver.

fett 4, unicorn, Def Trooper and 7 others like this.
  13. Jedi_Fenrir767

Jedi_Fenrir767 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 16, 2013
    You can like whatever you want to like. I only take offense when people try and tell me it’s good. The film sounds like it will be a fun theatre experience but upon multiple viewings opinions will sour just like TPM.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  14. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    So if Snoke was just a puppet for Palpatine, why did he want Kylo to kill Rey?

Or could Snoke have found out about his creation, and somehow went rouge.

That would be an interesting twist.

It’s to bad this film just creates more questions. Not just with Snoke but Palestine as well. It’s mind boggling that we don’t have an explanation for his return. Viewers should not be forced to pay extra money in some upcoming comic/book that will explain it.

15. ForceGhostPrincessLeia

Apr 22, 2018
    He wanted Rey dead for idek what reason, but then he accidentally figured out their dyad let him suck life force out of them and rejuvenate.

16. astinus4

astinus4 Jedi Master star 1

Jun 15, 2005
    I found this stuff pretty cringy too. It’s clear that for Disney the Force is a superpower, no different from what you’d see in the MCU. It kind of works if you look at the entire ST as an alternate Universe from Lucas’s saga.

fett 4, KSennia, Count Yubnub and 3 others like this.
  17. Vorax

Vorax Force Ghost star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    I think what Finn wanted to tell Rey was that he could feel the Force cause he believed in it and he seemed to have been using it like Rogue One's guardian of the Whill Chirrut Îmwe .

Poe and Rey had the most chemistry but it never went anywhere, it ended at the start of the movie. They felt like Han and Leia from ESB. While Finn and Poe come across as potential suitors they're friendzoned and there is nothing there aside from close friends. Finn was moved away from Rose and she was replaced with Jannah who is like a female version of Finn from TFA.

Kylo is a wooden character for much of this movie as the focus is not on them two(Kylo and Rey) but just really Rey with the silly side mission with her friends who are useless and may as well as stayed at the base as she tried ditching and ignoring them throughout.

Kylo reforges his helmet in a weird scene following his introduction to Palpatine at the beginning but he barely even wears it in the movie. Was only for a few scenes but he keeps taking it off anyway like the superheroes from MCU.

18. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    Well, at least Kylo died. Honestly, based on what I've read about this film, it's my favorite thing about it so far.

19. ForceGhostPrincessLeia

Apr 22, 2018
    I cheered when he finally died the third time.

20. david catterall

david catterall Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 10, 2013
    Why must you have every single tiny minute insignificant detail explained. Join the dots, The emperors body did not survive, Sith Loyalists recovered it from the Death Star Wreckage and his spirit was still clinging onto it. He is in the machine for that very reason.

Kylo died because he gave Rey his life force. Has the Twilight saga ruined ANY kind of potential romance in fiction. As soon as their is a hint of a romantic connection its hated.

Reys lineage was intriguing. Palpatine wasn't always a disfigured monster. Remember he was a charismatic and powerful senator in the PT. Its not a stretch to believe he had encounters. Either that or he created Reys father via other less natural means. Its REALLY not that big a leap.

Anakins story ended in 6. Palpatines death was a result of the collective power of all the Jedi that have gone before. '1000 generations live in you now' They all helped in taking him down using Rey (the bloodline of Palpatine turned good) as a vessel to finally vanquish him. Its a beautiful way for him to finally be defeated

21. ray243

ray243 Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 26, 2006
    This is a person that made a 200 million budget movie to spite on the previous Star Wars director. This is how narcissistic he can be.

But, all the OT fans kept saying Star Wars will be saved if you use less CGI and more special effects!

(Turns out a lot of fans online are horrible at film criticism. Who knew! :rolleyes: )

I agree a lot of the negative feedback is over the top, but it needs to be over the top because Disney only respond to over the top negative feedback.

Disney and JJ Abrams tried to "fix" Star Wars by listening to those over the top negative feedback about the prequels, and now they are getting their comeuppance for listening to those over the top negative feedback in the first place.

22. Helrot

Helrot Jedi Knight

Nov 12, 2016
    I saw it yesterday morning and I'm gutted that I have to sit through it again on Saturday with my kids. Pandering nonsense, worst reddit fan theories put into a script. Dire.

23. ForceGhostPrincessLeia

Apr 22, 2018
    This is not the thread you're looking for. Move along, move along...

24. TheCloneWarsForever

TheCloneWarsForever Force Ghost star 7

Apr 24, 2018
    It's damning when the supposed main protagonist of a trilogy is reduced to nothing but a meat puppet for Jedi from previous trilogies and shows.

I'll take that interpretation, just because my fan loyalty is to those Jedi and not to Rey but yeesh... it just shows how pointless this trilogy was.

25. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 7

Nov 21, 2012
    Couple of friends saw it last night. They hated TLJ and make fun of it constantly. But they liked TROS. Both said it was a lot of fun and they had a good time.

Honestly, I think they're just thankful it was a fun time and not dour and pure nonsense like TLJ was.

You apparently don't know the rules of this thread, nor the rules around making fun of other fans or posters here. I don't see why you can't just allow other people to have viewpoints that you don't share.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.